JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Oct 9, 2009 at 1:48 AM Post #4,876 of 10,747
私の日本語がよければ、訳させてもらいます。JH Audioがwatermongさんの耳の型枠をもらった時連絡を取ったかどうかについて質問しました。

Unfortunately I am not too sure what impression is in Japanese.

Oct 9, 2009 at 9:32 PM Post #4,878 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I can't do the dishes or do laundry with my IEM's that that's a real deal breaker. That's the only reason why I offer to my wife to help do those things...
I consider those tasks, purely another musical listening session. If I end up with clean clothes too, well, that's just a perk!

Well, for the record, you're a better man (and husband) than I!!!! Wearing JH13s means for me getting nowhere close to liquids save for real ale, a good claret and Remy Martin (in that order!).

Oct 10, 2009 at 12:06 AM Post #4,879 of 10,747
I put an order in =]

Need to go get some impressions and the only place I know of that has seen at least 1 person from here is Excellence in Hearing.

Are the any others that Sydney people know of somewhere else and would recommend that place over EiH?
If not I'll book on Monday.

Oct 10, 2009 at 12:31 AM Post #4,880 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ecael /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think he is refering the impression kit for your ear

Oct 10, 2009 at 3:42 AM Post #4,881 of 10,747
For those who are able, a bit of guidance before I strangle my wallet.

I am sick with the what ifs.......

I've read the wonderful comparisons on this forum and elsewhere, so I have as good of a grasp on the subject as I can without a listen.

If you own BOTH a ES3X and a JH13 PRO, or have heard them long enough to make a judgement, which one do you "like" better. That simple. Given all the good, bad and $$$... which one is "it" for you?

Oct 10, 2009 at 5:41 AM Post #4,882 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by shredder /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've read the wonderful comparisons on this forum and elsewhere, so I have as good of a grasp on the subject as I can without a listen.

If you own BOTH a ES3X and a JH13 PRO, or have heard them long enough to make a judgement, which one do you "like" better. That simple. Given all the good, bad and $$$... which one is "it" for you?

Did you read HPA's review? It really pushed my idle butt off of the fence
smily_headphones1.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/r...1/#post5933754

Oct 10, 2009 at 6:27 AM Post #4,883 of 10,747
Quote:

.If you own BOTH a ES3X and a JH13 PRO, or have heard them long enough to make a judgement, which one do you "like" better. That simple. Given all the good, bad and $$$... which one is "it" for you?

Buying a JH-13 is like being in true love.

It means "never having to say you're sorry".

Oct 10, 2009 at 8:09 AM Post #4,884 of 10,747
I went up there last friday, I didn't ended up getting the impressions done as they couldn't be used. He claimed that my ear canal shape very unusual (smaller canal passage towards the end then the passages opens up again). He almost couldn't get one of the silicone impression out....

I'll try another place in Chatswood maybe... the chap (the audiologist) that I spoke to last time seemed to know better as he is a musician himself and he's using Westone ES2....but the thing is ...hes charging AU$180...

Quote:

Originally Posted by nattonrice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I put an order in =]

Need to go get some impressions and the only place I know of that has seen at least 1 person from here is Excellence in Hearing.

Are the any others that Sydney people know of somewhere else and would recommend that place over EiH?
If not I'll book on Monday.

Oct 10, 2009 at 8:38 AM Post #4,885 of 10,747
Ouch that suxs.

EiH are the Sydney partner for Pheonix Hearing who in turn are the main Australian Reseller for Westone's custom stuff.
Maybe you got him on a bad day?
Eeeep~ I live in Lane Cove/Chats but damn... $180 is beyond over the top for just molds.

Oct 10, 2009 at 2:56 PM Post #4,886 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by bajaiman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I went up there last friday, I didn't ended up getting the impressions done as they couldn't be used. He claimed that my ear canal shape very unusual (smaller canal passage towards the end then the passages opens up again). He almost couldn't get one of the silicone impression out....

I'll try another place in Chatswood maybe... the chap (the audiologist) that I spoke to last time seemed to know better as he is a musician himself and he's using Westone ES2....but the thing is ...hes charging AU$180...

I doubt this is the problem but I figured I'd mention it, just in case. When I was calling around (in the States), the audiologists were confusing me, they were asking "Are you sure you JUST need the impressions and not the molds?" As the impressions are only $50 but the molds are $150. Now, I knew I had to send an actual mold to JH but JH's website gives you that line to use on the audiologists "I need an open mouth impression...".

Anyhow, I finally got a hold of an audiologist that knew what had to be done for custom headphones, he told me that I just needed the impressions, not molds. I have a feeling that your audiologist, the one that's charging $180AU, knows what you need, since he has custom IEMs, but I figured I'd throw it out there.

G'luck!

Oct 10, 2009 at 4:56 PM Post #4,887 of 10,747
well I paid $150AUD here in brisbane because I searched out the best recommended audiologist here for IEMs and hearing aids, he came highly recommended and I had already had an issue with a cheaper place not getting a good impression after 3 goes. so I went the whole hog and went to get my ears professionally cleaned (OMG that was just wrong, that machine felt like it was going to suck my brain out) so as to have as good a chance as I could to get good impressions and hopefully avoid refits. the price stung (200 all inclusive) but I have a perfect fit first go and the sound is wonderful!!! in fact I keep loving them more day by day, especially as I keep on upping the quality of components i'm using with them. so t'was worth it for me. of course you can get great results from a cheaper place, but it can be luck of the draw. just one fast return shipping for refit on top of a fairly average priced impression would have taken it up to nearly that anyway; then there is the extra waiting time etc etc.

I paid $150AUD inclusive of impressions for my UM56 at phoenix here in brisbane though, but that turned out to be a bit of a nightmare that meant my W3 had to be RMAd, due to the tech 'adjusting the tube, to try and keep them on the stem
rolleyes.gif

so i'm happy I paid the premium to get it right for what is a little bit pricey, but also very emotionally charged experience really. when the search for audio bliss/musical enjoyment is a big part of your life and someone is waiving the holy grail in front of you, its hard not to become involved, despite trying to remain objective about it and take the pressure off the result. at least for me it was anyway.

so all in all i'm wrapped in the sound and the ability of these things to aid in fine tuning my rig/s upstream components, both home and portable is pleasing to say the least

Oct 11, 2009 at 1:27 AM Post #4,888 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ecael /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thank you for your kindness.
JH Audio did not give the report "Impression was received".
Perhaps, I think that they were very busy.
Therefore, I did not contact them until 13pro reached my hand.

Oct 11, 2009 at 2:23 AM Post #4,889 of 10,747
Quote:

I have have both. Even though the JH13 is more expensive, it is significantly better sounding that I prefer it. That's not saying the ES3X is bad, it's an excellent custom IEM. It's just that the JH13 is better, IMO.

Oct 11, 2009 at 9:04 AM Post #4,890 of 10,747
My JH13Pro sits in my mailbox until 10AM when the reception desk opens for me to pick them up (5 hours). They've been sitting there since Friday evening! JHAudio received my impressions last Thursday.. talk about a quick turnaround. FWIW, I even chose the cheapest shipping option (I live in Manhattan).

The wait is KILLING me (but not quite as much as stuDYING for midterms is).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back