JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Oct 3, 2009 at 8:36 AM Post #4,741 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinocelt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm partial to adamantium, but mithril would be nice, too.

Titanium hinges were considered. No joke.
tongue.gif
Likely will be too expensive.

Quote:

Before 2012?

Sure. Some time before 2012.

Oct 3, 2009 at 8:54 AM Post #4,742 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Titanium hinges were considered. No joke.
tongue.gif
Likely will be too expensive.

Well, they could use USPS instead of UPS to ship their stuff and save more than $50 on international orders. That should help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sure. Some time before 2012.

Well, hopefully much sooner. I'm waiting a bit to order, in the hope to avoid all the confusion and problems you yourself experienced. I can't afford to play tennis with an expensive IEM as the ball with someone on the other side of the planet.

Oct 3, 2009 at 9:12 AM Post #4,743 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by achristilaw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not actually...think about it! What are the variables? Having to overcome the resistance/reactance of the typical drive elements, and the interactions they cause with various amplifiers.... those actions can cause fits! And the remaining sound is left up to the stability of the amp. The JH13's allow an amp to flow..just about any amp or amp section (Ipod), nice and easy as a load goes.

so you really dont find that a contradiction
confused.gif
let me put it in simpler language; very revealing of source, sounds good on almost any source.....

also, I really think people need to stop assuming that all low impedance headphones are an easy load

Oct 3, 2009 at 9:45 AM Post #4,744 of 10,747
also D10->JH13 users; the synergy between the new Ti OPA1611/12 opamp (i'm using EL8201 buffers) and JH13 is absolutely stunning!! zero hiss at normal listening levels even during silence. the SQ is superb, massive SS (deeper and wider than TLE4241) bucket-loads of weight/slam when needed and plenty of delicacy when needed. I think it may just be replacing my class A topkit need more time as I only just popped them in a couple of hours ago, but I dont see me switching them out in a hurry. the OPA1611 (single) and OPA1612(dual) are the trickle down of the fantastic OPA211, they are a brand new release and have not hit the suppliers yet (well they hadnt last week) I got some direct from Ti for a dac project and they just happen to sound wonderful in the D10 (Blackgate modded) with JH13. if you can get your hands on some (or the OPA211) I highly recommend you give them a try

Oct 3, 2009 at 1:40 PM Post #4,745 of 10,747
Alright, a few updates for those of you not at RMAF:

Carbon fibre cases are back, as an accessory. $75, as per Jaime.

I am the proud owner of a set of JH13. Screw you guys.

Oct 3, 2009 at 1:59 PM Post #4,747 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif

glad I got mine already when they were part of the deal. I already have several pelican cases, there is a need something like the otterbox, but the CF case is unique, I will be the first in line when they produce the smaller uber case with titanium hinges (or whatever) unless I have something custom by then. for the moment the SE530 case will do me for knocking around and the CF or my larger audio modified pelican for travel.

Quote:

congrats
evil_smiley.gif
but I assume the SQ of the universals corrupted you as well??

Oct 3, 2009 at 2:04 PM Post #4,748 of 10,747
Quote:

You WILL be assimilated, at last!

Oct 3, 2009 at 3:07 PM Post #4,749 of 10,747
Quote:

So wait, they replaced a $75 carbon fiber case by a $10 Otterbox, but the total price stays the same?
rolleyes.gif

Oct 3, 2009 at 3:31 PM Post #4,750 of 10,747
Quote:

Congrats X2

Oct 3, 2009 at 5:12 PM Post #4,751 of 10,747
Ha, Ha, one more added to the fold. . . .

But rather than coming over to the "dark side" you have moved over to the . .

Musical Side and while others peer in you bask in "the" sound. . . . . . and know. . .

Oct 3, 2009 at 5:20 PM Post #4,752 of 10,747
soon Sherwood will be making what other, non-'Borg' may consider crazy talk as well

welcome to the hive ;P

Oct 3, 2009 at 6:16 PM Post #4,753 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
they are very revealing of source quality, but even when/if you do use them with sub-par equipment, they somehow dont sound that bad
confused.gif
very strange indeed

For some reason, this is what bothers me the most about the JH13. It sounds like they're compensating for sub-par equipment somehow. Anyone care to chime in on why or how they do this? This is just my opinion, but I would think that a really high quality phone should not hide any deficiencies in the equipment or recording being listened to (i.e. don't make crap sound better than it really is).

Oct 3, 2009 at 6:44 PM Post #4,754 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinocelt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So wait, they replaced a $75 carbon fiber case by a $10 Otterbox, but the total price stays the same?
rolleyes.gif

Even if I'm already throwing $1100 plus misc other costs in, this irks me.

Oct 3, 2009 at 6:45 PM Post #4,755 of 10,747
why do you think i'm confused about it?? its not a problem, believe me. its some sort of parlor trick, they do not smooth out detail, but somehow they make what is usually abhorrent sound OK. simply because they are so enthralling. bear in mind I have not used them on anything really bad, as I dont IMO own anything that sounds bad (or at least I dont use it if I do) they just dont sound as bad as what you would think. do you^^ own them or is this research??. maybe its how it should be, I guess we are just conditioned to thinking that anything truly high performance is also very touchy and erratic, so when something as consistently amazing as these things comes along, it doesnt sit right??
confused.gif
but I hear ya

they didnt sound so hot out of the airbus A380 I used last month though ;')

Users who are viewing this thread

Back