JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Oct 3, 2009 at 3:10 AM Post #4,726 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by nattonrice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This was stopping me aswell (live in AU) but...
In the last couple of days I've been leaning back to getting them.
Does anyone know if they have the new printer yet?

New printer?

Oct 3, 2009 at 3:21 AM Post #4,727 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happybottle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
New printer?

Artwork, the photo quality artwork printer that Jerry mentioned he was going to get

Oct 3, 2009 at 3:22 AM Post #4,728 of 10,747
Man, the further I get into this thread, the closer I get to making an appointment to get my ears measured...I hate you guys
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 3, 2009 at 3:44 AM Post #4,729 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happybottle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man, the further I get into this thread, the closer I get to making an appointment to get my ears measured...I hate you guys
smily_headphones1.gif

You won't hate anyone here if you go ahead and get them. They are that good but then I think you have read enough to believe that by now. You just need the final . . . . . . PUSH. . :^)

Oct 3, 2009 at 3:59 AM Post #4,730 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You won't hate anyone here if you go ahead and get them. They are that good but then I think you have read enough to believe that by now. You just need the final . . . . . . PUSH. . :^)

LOL, thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

I think it was HPA's review that really put me over that edge...as I was reading it I was thinking that maybe I'd pick up the ES3X since he was saying those were still pretty good but if I'm going to spend that much, I might as well spend a little more for the best
smily_headphones1.gif

BTW, I'm sure you've said it already, Jamato, but what color are yours? Is there a thread of just pics of people's JH13s? I'd love to see how the colors actually look on them.

Oct 3, 2009 at 4:13 AM Post #4,732 of 10,747
Oct 3, 2009 at 4:27 AM Post #4,733 of 10,747
Mine are ice blue with a maroon flying woman (JH Audio).

Oct 3, 2009 at 5:08 AM Post #4,735 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated."
L3000.gif

Oct 3, 2009 at 5:18 AM Post #4,736 of 10,747
I talked to Adam last week about the printer ETA and he basically said "no time soon." I would have just ordered a couple months back had I known that and gotten a carbon fiber case (which they aren't offering anymore according to Jaime).

What's an ambient vent? Lets surrounding noise in to lessen the isolation?

Oct 3, 2009 at 6:19 AM Post #4,737 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by aegid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I talked to Adam last week about the printer ETA and he basically said "no time soon." I would have just ordered a couple months back had I known that and gotten a carbon fiber case (which they aren't offering anymore according to Jaime).

Aren't they supposed to have an improved carbon fiber case in the work for their flagship model? Lemme check. Ah:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As for the High End Carry Case, it will likely only be included with Flagship products, namely the JH13. And will, of course be available for purchase separately. It will be significantly more expensive to produce. But trust me, it will be worth the wait.

Well, no, it doesn't say anything about carbon fiber here.

Oct 3, 2009 at 6:45 AM Post #4,738 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes these things are truly a strange breed, usually headphones that sound good already unamped dont improve a great deal when they are, but JH13 sound awesome unamped with decent rips, but also scale incredibly well with source and amp, source is IMO more important, but i'm of that opinion with any headphone, for such efficient IEMs they really shine with a full blown home rig/amp IMO. wierd thing is, they are very revealing of source quality, but even when/if you do use them with sub-par equipment, they somehow dont sound that bad
confused.gif
very strange indeed

Not actually...think about it! What are the variables? Having to overcome the resistance/reactance of the typical drive elements, and the interactions they cause with various amplifiers.... those actions can cause fits! And the remaining sound is left up to the stability of the amp. The JH13's allow an amp to flow..just about any amp or amp section (Ipod), nice and easy as a load goes.

Oct 3, 2009 at 8:16 AM Post #4,739 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinocelt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aren't they supposed to have an improved carbon fiber case in the work for their flagship model? Lemme check. Ah:

Well, no, it doesn't say anything about carbon fiber here.

It will most likely be carbon fiber, unless there is something better that comes along.

Still in the works. No ETA yet, sorry.

I'll post a pic of a prototype that is feasible to produce when we have one ready.

Oct 3, 2009 at 8:32 AM Post #4,740 of 10,747
Quote:

It will most likely be carbon fiber, unless there is something better that comes along.

I'm partial to adamantium, but mithril would be nice, too.

Quote:

Still in the works. No ETA yet, sorry.

I'll post a pic of a prototype that is feasible to produce when we have one ready.

Before 2012?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back