JH Audio & Astell&Kern Siren Series Full Metal Jacket Line Announced!
Jun 27, 2016 at 6:00 PM Post #618 of 692

Full Carbon Fiber Roxanne with black AK380 together with the accompanying amp.

Woah... that's some serious setup - congrats
beerchug.gif

I have the starving-artist's version...
tongue_smile.gif

27945869305_83a2611016_c.jpg

Jun 29, 2016 at 8:49 PM Post #619 of 692
Quote:
Thanks.. I've tried every single type of tip you can have and nothing sounds better to my ears than these old school triple flanges.

Congratulations on your new Mojo again!
beerchug.gif

I understand you, having to do a lot of work to find the best combo myself, but I have to imagine that those triple-flange tips will make the Angies stick out a bit more than say, the supplied silicons. Is this the case, or are you able to insert them that deep into your canals that it makes little difference? What brand are they, btw?

I'm auditioning my Angie+Mojo using the SpinFits I pictured - so far, so good
ksc75smile.gif

Jun 29, 2016 at 11:29 PM Post #620 of 692
  Congratulations on your new Mojo again!
beerchug.gif

I understand you, having to do a lot of work to find the best combo myself, but I have to imagine that those triple-flange tips will make the Angies stick out a bit more than say, the supplied silicons. Is this the case, or are you able to insert them that deep into your canals that it makes little difference? What brand are they, btw?

I'm auditioning my Angie+Mojo using the SpinFits I pictured - so far, so good
ksc75smile.gif

I use these: http://smile.amazon.com/dp/B011W1BMBQ

Awhile ago I bought a few packs from another seller and they were slightly thinner. The ones linked above are the thicker material ones. Certain IEM's work best for thicker because they don't need to go in as deep.

That said... I can insert them very deep into my ears. They are snug against my ear and don't stick out no more than any other tips do. 

I'm still trying to get the right fit with them. Only problem I have with the thinner version and the Angies is the left ear burps sometimes and can lead to a headache sometimes. 

If you're interested in the other tips that were thinner material I'll have to do some digging. Let me know ifso.

Jul 4, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #621 of 692
since now more people tested the new metal series, which of jh iems is best for vocals, and at the same time does not lack in bass and is not sibilant 

also how is the roxanne 2 did people find it like sibilant as i remember some people used to say its a bit sibilant

Jul 4, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #622 of 692
I own the Angie II and also owned and returned the Rosie. Of the 2, the Angie's are the better because of its forward vocal tuning and presentation.
The Rosie did have some sibilance, but the Angie's do not suffer from any and I've owned them long enough to not have heard it even once.

The Angie's have plenty of bass that can be tuned by the pod obviously, it's not lite on bass either I have settled on 1: o'clock As a preference.
I mostly listen to progressive rock. But I do listen to other genre causally. The Angie's are excellent for vocals and are tuned a little to the north of neutral.

Jul 4, 2016 at 11:18 PM Post #623 of 692
I own the Angie II and also owned and returned the Rosie. Of the 2, the Angie's are the better because of its forward vocal tuning and presentation.
The Rosie did have some sibilance, but the Angie's do not suffer from any and I've owned them long enough to not have heard it even once.

The Angie's have plenty of bass that can be tuned by the pod obviously, it's not lite on bass either I have settled on 1: o'clock As a preference.
I mostly listen to progressive rock. But I do listen to other genre causally. The Angie's are excellent for vocals and are tuned a little to the north of neutral.

I felt the exact same way. The Rosie's were awesome. They had tons of impact and very thick but not overly warm sound. The reason I returned mine were the cymbals. To my ears the cymbals just didn't sound right and to me, metal needs to have clear highs and cymbals crashing all around to feel complete. 

Is what I ended up doing when I had the Rosie's was boosting the highs which ended up too artificial and resulted in sibilance. Unfortunately the Angie's don't have this issue and extend better. I don't noticed any sibilance at all on the Angie's. 

I also tend to run around 1 o'clock on the tuning. I try 12 or lower but end up going back to 1ish. 

Jul 5, 2016 at 6:14 AM Post #625 of 692
I'm wondering now. Am I the only person who did not hear sibilance with Rosie's? 
biggrin.gif

I think the problem was Mojo with your situation. It has a excessive mid-bass and aggressive mid-highs. Most of people find it very musical but it was incompatible with Rosie. But, at the end, everyone keep saying Rosie has a sibilance. I couldn't hear it. I find it very weird.
atsmile.gif

deadhorse.gif

Jul 5, 2016 at 7:20 AM Post #626 of 692
...The Angie's are excellent for vocals and are tuned a little to the north of neutral.

"North of neutral"... ? Is that some advanced-Head-Fier way of saying mid-forward? Please translate for the noob
redface.gif

Quote:
woah angie2 and mojojojo everywhere 
biggrin.gif

It's a great combo. Greatest? Not a clue... . I have three DACs and four headphones/IEMs and as I wrote elsewhere:

"Another Ying-Yang combo is my mid-forward JHA Angie and Mojo. Very musical, engaging, neither too warm, nor too analytical - Goldilocks."

Paired with my AQ Dragonfly Red and I am much less satisfied. Conversely, the Mojo does nothing to compliment the austere and analytical Etymotics ER-4S. Those two make for some "bad mojo" (pun intended... 
tongue_smile.gif
)

27911889816_08506af47e_c.jpg

Quote:
I think the problem was Mojo with your situation. It has a excessive mid-bass and aggressive mid-highs. I found it very musical but it was incompatible with Rosie...

I've never had the pleasure of auditioning the Rosies but I agree with you that the Mojo won't make every IEM sound their best. I wouldn't, however go as far as saying the Mojo has "excessive" LF or "aggressive" mids. I do feel that the Mojo is on the warm side* and thus if you have warm IEMs the combo may turn out to be overly-warm / forward for some.
*Alas, not warm enough for the Etymotics ER-4S...

Jul 5, 2016 at 7:44 AM Post #627 of 692
  I've never had the pleasure of auditioning the Rosies but I agree with you that the Mojo won't make every IEM sound their best. I wouldn't, however go as far as saying the Mojo has "excessive" LF or "aggressive" mids. I do feel that the Mojo is on the warm side* and thus if you have warm IEMs the combo may turn out to be overly-warm / forward for some.
*Alas, not warm enough for the Etymotics ER-4S...

My wording was exaggerated since I'm not a native speaker. Yes, warm is the right word for that. Musical and warm. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Thank you for explaining the situation. This is the thing I'm talking about. Rosie has a little mid-bass boom and the upper mids are in the line of not being sibilant.

Easy to say, Mojo makes it overly warm and make Rosie exceed that line of sibilance. Rosie is very sensitive about that. 
L3000.gif

Jul 6, 2016 at 1:44 AM Post #628 of 692
Pretty awesome stuff you guys got there. Frankly I haven't listened to any of the Sirens series except the Layla which I have owned more than a year now. Have I missed out big time on the others?

Jul 7, 2016 at 7:43 PM Post #629 of 692
Does anyone happen to have a whiplash cable 8 or 4 core and a new jh siren cable?

I'm wanting to get a whiplash for another iem but also want to compare them side by side with a cable I'm familiar with that is relatively thick for an IEM.

Thanks!

Jul 8, 2016 at 8:52 PM Post #630 of 692
JustForFun
beerchug.gif

8-BAs / 1 BA / 2 BAs + DD

28078815552_6bd06e21ec_c.jpg

28104816361_11c485c866_c.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back