JH Audio & Astell&Kern Siren Series Full Metal Jacket Line Announced!
May 14, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #556 of 692
Mine was always in the box when not used, also was cleaning and caring about wax collection. The left side just stopped working, it not about sounding flaw or some like that, it just does not make any sound.

Still waiting for JH Audio replay to my email, if they do not repair it for me, my $750 is gone. 

What email did you send to?

May 14, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #557 of 692

Mine was always in the box when not used, also was cleaning and caring about wax collection. The left side just stopped working, it not about sounding flaw or some like that, it just does not make any sound.

Still waiting for JH Audio replay to my email, if they do not repair it for me, my $750 is gone. 

What email did you send to?

repairs@jhaudio.com

May 14, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #558 of 692
May 15, 2016 at 3:18 AM Post #559 of 692
May 24, 2016 at 6:18 PM Post #560 of 692
New Angie II member here :D They just arrived today so I can say little about their capabilities / SQ / sonic signature / ..., only that the whole package is amazing. :cool:

27156284461_296f105fc8_c.jpg

Before picking up the Angie II, I did consider the originals but went with the IIs mainly because of the cable/connector "upgrade" as well as the slightly shallower profile.
What didn't really dawn on me is that as beautiful as anodized Al can be, it's not the best against scuffs and scratches etc. In that area, the CF is a much better bet. I also like the look of CF and would have taken them over the Al. if all other things had been equal.
That should give Angie I owners (with black dragon cable) some additional reassurance (as if they really needed it, ha) :p

27156288161_a91f46f2f4_c.jpg

I'll follow up with some more useful content although I admit it's been a while since I went head-first into the audiophile scene... :xf_eek:
I will pair it with my AQ Dragonfly Red (<=24-bit 96KHz) as well as oldie-but-goodie Total Bithead (<=16-bit 48KHz). No, I don't own a Mojo... yet :wink:
For my own personal A:B (read: not that useful for anyone else), I have Etys ER-4S (100ohms / 108dB spl) and just to get a feeling of IEM vs. open cans , my Grado SSR225s (32ohms / ~95dB spl).

27118880145_0804425f56_c.jpg

no, not my setting, but the way it came from the factory
27156291831_4f38b6db6b_c.jpg

the case is one impressive chunk of Al... woah. :cool:
27156293491_35395a6540_c.jpg

Nice packaging. By today's standards, the tip selection is modest...
27156285881_a4697338e9_c.jpg

Cheers :)

May 25, 2016 at 4:28 AM Post #563 of 692
Can anyone compare the Angie and the Rosie? Sound stage, sound signature... etc

I currently have Angie I, but not sure how it compare to the Rosie. The fit of the Angie I isn't going so well for me, and I am thinking to try the Rosie, but not sure how it sounded.

I have used K3003, ER4S, Z5, se535, w4r, w50, fitear Parterre & F111, and TF10. (can compare to those as well)

Thanks 
beerchug.gif

May 25, 2016 at 4:45 AM Post #564 of 692

I currently have Angie I, but not sure how it compare to the Rosie. The fit of the Angie I isn't going so well for me, and I am thinking to try the Rosie, but not sure how it sounded.

I have used K3003, ER4S, Z5, se535, w4r, w50, fitear Parterre & F111, and TF10. (can compare to those as well)

Thanks 
beerchug.gif

just get RHA dual silicon tips they make any iem fit easily with great seal

May 25, 2016 at 9:42 AM Post #565 of 692

Thanks 
beerchug.gif

Changing the IEM isn't the option. Rosie and Angie has very similar case builds. If the problem is fit, you should really try another tips.

I tried many because stock tips weren't going well for me either.
There are few tips that is good for my ears. I hope it helps; 

Better sounding to worse sounding:
Stock > Ortofon > RHA > Spinfit > Stock Foam

Better fit to worse fit: (for my ears)
Spinfit > Ortofon > RHA > Stock Foam > Stock

Spinfits has a very muddy, Mid-bassy sound with Rosies. I don't know why. They were good with my Earsonics Velvets.
RHA has a little plastic sound, but it can be good with Angies. 
I went with Ortofon tips. They sounded like Stock tips and their fit were better than most of the tips.

edit: I didn't notice "Angie I". I assumed its Andie II. Yes Angie I is very wide and uncomfortable, but I would still recommend other tips. Stock JH's are really bad.

May 25, 2016 at 2:57 PM Post #566 of 692
  Better sounding to worse sounding:
Stock > Ortofon > RHA > Spinfit > Stock Foam

Better fit to worse fit: (for my ears)
Spinfit > Ortofon > RHA > Stock Foam > Stock

so.. I just ordered Complys... not worthy of your list? I'm new to the aftermarket tips so any and all opinions / recommendations are welcome 
biggrin.gif

May 25, 2016 at 3:11 PM Post #567 of 692

so.. I just ordered Complys... not worthy of your list? I'm new to the aftermarket tips so I'll any and all opinions / recommendations 
biggrin.gif

Many people says Comply is the best sounding and most comfortable tips for many IEMs, but foam tips hurts my ears. I'm just not able to use foam tips in the long run. I don't know why. People find it weird. It wouldn't be true if I comment on a foam tip. Actually I commented on the stock foam tips but it was the stock tips, I had to comment about it. 
biggrin.gif

May 29, 2016 at 5:28 AM Post #568 of 692
  Many people says Comply is the best sounding and most comfortable tips for many IEMs, but foam tips hurts my ears...

Thanks for the feedback. Maybe you should lead with that before compiling a best->worst list 
wink_face.gif
 If you think your Rosie foam-tips hurt stay away from Etymotics' - they are 2x thicker (but compress more). I actually used them for years but now have reverted to their silicon tips because they started to bother me (go figure).

The stock JHA foam works okay for me but I could use something with a little more "grip" and I hope the complys will do that. Isolation is already perfect but they tend to loosen up after a while and then I have to re-seat them... 
rolleyes.gif

27020562180_5ae270fb66_c.jpg

May 29, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #569 of 692
  Thanks for the feedback. Maybe you should lead with that before compiling a best->worst list 
wink_face.gif
 If you think your Rosie foam-tips hurt stay away from Etymotics' - they are 2x thicker (but compress more). I actually used them for years but now have reverted to their silicon tips because they started to bother me (go figure).

The stock JHA foam works okay for me but I could use something with a little more "grip" and I hope the complys will do that. Isolation is already perfect but they tend to loosen up after a while and then I have to re-seat them... 
rolleyes.gif

27020562180_5ae270fb66_c.jpg

Maybe I should lead with that but making a big scale tip review wasn't my intention. Because I'm still trying new tips. I haven't finished my search.

I exactly tried 22 different tip combination. Samsung stock tips to 20$ Spinfits, but only 4 of them were foam and they are all hurting my ears. This is why I shouldn't be writing about foam ones. 
biggrin.gif

Hmm... How should I describe... They are expanding in my ears, making a pressure and they are making my ears hurt from inside. I really don't know how everyone is dealing with this uncomfortableness. 
biggrin.gif

Besides all of that, I must ask. Generally, to everyone. How do you clean JH IEMs? I mean, the bores are very small.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back