Jazz listener, how old are you ... ?
Apr 15, 2008 at 5:04 PM Post #17 of 78
Old enough to know better but young enough to keep trying.

Apr 15, 2008 at 9:06 PM Post #18 of 78
23 here. I found my way to jazz when i was about 18 -- Bill Evans was my first favorite jazzmen. Now i regularly enjoy almost everything from Birth Of The Cool to contemporary artists like Brad Mehldau or Turtle Island quartet.

Apr 15, 2008 at 10:53 PM Post #19 of 78
Old enough to be a grandfather. Not sure what age has to do with this genre which seems to span all age groups, though.

Just started to seek out Jazz about 3 weeks ago. Local radio show has jazz brunch on Sundays. Very listenable. I've now listened to Art Blakely, Dave Burbeck, Ella Fitzgerald, Miles Davis, Diana Krall, Cannonball Adderly, Arutruo Sandoval, Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, and Chick Corea. Love them all and so happy I've found this genre.

Apr 16, 2008 at 5:58 AM Post #23 of 78
I really don't know what "age" has to do with appreciation of Jazz. I'd venture to guess that most of us who love Jazz got into the music in our formulative years (young teens) and have been into it ever since. There's not going to be a magical age where one comes to like Jazz later in life.

My guess is it's the same no matter the genre of the music. Whatever music you grow up around, you tend to end up liking.

Apr 26, 2008 at 5:45 PM Post #24 of 78
21 years here too.

LOVE jazz. Favorite band that I've started to enjoy alot is The Bad Plus. Very cool sounding band sound.

Give it a try they have several cd's.

Apr 27, 2008 at 12:02 AM Post #25 of 78
I'm 14 and me and a couple of my friends who really appreciate music all listen to a bit of jazz.

Apr 27, 2008 at 4:51 AM Post #27 of 78
Just turned 17 here. I would say that jazz makes up 3-5% of my listening time - not tremendous, but an appreciable amount. My jazz knowledge is not very extensive (I've heard only about 10 jazz albums, but that number is rapidly increasing :p).

Apr 27, 2008 at 10:29 PM Post #29 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not to judge by age, but I have a seriously hard time believing the majority of head-fi's jazz fans are between 18 and 25. I think some people just voted for the sake of voting.

Probably depends on the type of Jazz. The more contemporary stuff like Stern, Metheny, Dimeloa, Vital Information, Metro, Rippingtons, Weckl is very accessible to the younger gen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back