Jays q-JAYS & s-JAYS, Prototype impressions
Mar 11, 2007 at 5:20 AM Post #31 of 523
Once these comes out, I'll be deciding between these, Westone UM2, Shure E4c, Etymotic ER-4P, Koss KDE129 (kind of out of place but I'm intrigued), and maybe the Westone 3. But probably not, too expensive.
tongue.gif

Um wow, I just realized I need to start narrowing things down.

Mar 11, 2007 at 6:50 AM Post #32 of 523
sound like a perfect IEM for me and they come out right aroudn when ill be in the market for purchasing. Just wondering will they be available only through JAYS or will they also be available through thrid parties.

Also A+ job on reading these ofrums and getting feedback from consumers, this is the right thing to do and I hope to see it more often and form other companies in the future.

Mar 11, 2007 at 8:36 AM Post #33 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by kite7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can these been worn over the ear?

Hi!

Yes they can. I even find it more easy then the d-JAYS and also you dont have to switch sides like the d-JAYS.

Ibanez173: They will be available in all our retail stores and also of course through www.jays.se

Mar 11, 2007 at 10:23 AM Post #34 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by PetCed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi!

Yes they can. I even find it more easy then the d-JAYS and also you dont have to switch sides like the d-JAYS.

Ibanez173: They will be available in all our retail stores and also of course through www.jays.se

Is Q1 2007 (until end of March) still realistic for a release? How about to us Americans?
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 11, 2007 at 11:41 AM Post #35 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterDLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is Q1 2007 (until end of March) still realistic for a release? How about to us Americans?
smily_headphones1.gif

No, it's May now. Things never goes as they should
rolleyes.gif

Americans will get them around the same time. May, June.

Mar 19, 2007 at 6:47 AM Post #36 of 523
Thought I'd add some more impressions. Mainly that the treble has seemed to smooth out a little. It is not as forward compared to the upper mids, as I had initially thought. Not sure if this is the result of burn-in, or my own mental psycho-acoustics adjusting to the signature.

I spent some time with a friends K701 last week and the q-jays are a lot more AKG-like than Grado-like. That smooth balanced extension, that characterizes the K701 is there in the q-JAYS.

Mar 19, 2007 at 7:03 AM Post #37 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thought I'd add some more impressions. Mainly that the treble has seemed to smooth out a little. It is not as forward compared to the upper mids, as I had initially thought. Not sure if this is the result of burn-in, or my own mental psycho-acoustics adjusting to the signature.

I spent some time with a friends K701 last week and the q-jays are a lot more AKG-like than Grado-like. That smooth balanced extension, that characterizes the K701 is there in the q-JAYS.

What other IEMs in the same price range - E4cs, UM2s, 5 Pros, ER-4Ps, basically - have you heard, and would you mind doing a quick comparison between them?

Mar 19, 2007 at 7:14 AM Post #38 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by potatotron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What other IEMs in the same price range - E4cs, UM2s, 5 Pros, ER-4Ps, basically - have you heard, and would you mind doing a quick comparison between them?

unfortunately its been a long time since I heard the er4P and E4c
frown.gif
frown.gif
So I don't really feel confident in posting any comparisons, that may mis-lead members.... I PROMISE to remedy that though at the big meet in April.

In fact, one of my objectives is to compare the q-JAYS to these mid-fi IEMs.
icon10.gif
IMHO it should stack up very well.

Mar 19, 2007 at 7:26 AM Post #39 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
unfortunately its been a long time since I heard the er4P and E4c
frown.gif
frown.gif
So I don't really feel confident in posting any comparisons, that may mis-lead members.... I PROMISE to remedy that though at the big meet in April.

In fact, one of my objectives is to compare the q-JAYS to these mid-fi IEMs.
icon10.gif
IMHO it should stack up very well.

Of course you can bring the q-JAYS to that meeting and show other members what the q-JAYS is about
smily_headphones1.gif

We'll get new protos in April and by then we will probably be able to take some shots for publishing.

Mar 19, 2007 at 10:46 AM Post #40 of 523
oh the q-jays may just arrive in time for my schedule for buying a new, higher-end iem
smily_headphones1.gif
yey! nice review, garrett. great discussion here, it makes me want it more.

Mar 20, 2007 at 12:49 AM Post #41 of 523
Is it fair to say that if you absolutely do not like the d-JAYS sound, you probably won't like the q-JAYS sound?

If that's true, I ought to try and get a listen to the d-JAYS to see if I like it.

Mar 20, 2007 at 4:40 AM Post #42 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterDLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it fair to say that if you absolutely do not like the d-JAYS sound, you probably won't like the q-JAYS sound?

If that's true, I ought to try and get a listen to the d-JAYS to see if I like it.

OK great thanks Peter, just give the word when you guys are ready to release pics, and I'll unleash the hounds.
Hmmm... That is very hard to say. I mean, it is a question deep-rooted in listener perception, which is completely subjective and listener dependent.

I will say however that the d-JAYS are more forward and aggressive, especially in the mids. The q-JAYS are much more ambient and portray a farther sense of head-stage distance. q-JAYS are also more accurate across the spectrum, with good balance of bass/mids/treble. IMHO it is a pretty noticeable difference too. If I could put an analogy to it, it would be like an RS1 compared to a K701

Mar 20, 2007 at 11:31 AM Post #43 of 523
PetCed;2784388 said:
Hi!

I do not switch sides when wearing them over ear, I do not mind them sticking out of my ears, I also find it easier to place them in the ear upside down...

Mar 29, 2007 at 10:28 PM Post #44 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by PetCed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://www.headphone.com should have d-JAYS in stock within 1-2 weeks. When q-JAYS is released they will have them as soon as possible.

I'm not seeing any JAYS products on headphone.com. Are they supposed to have the d-JAYS now, or are they coming soon? Any more info on the q-JAYS?

Mar 30, 2007 at 5:26 AM Post #45 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick707 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not seeing any JAYS products on headphone.com. Are they supposed to have the d-JAYS now, or are they coming soon? Any more info on the q-JAYS?

Hi!

Yes they should have got them by now. Email or call them for further info. If not then audiocubes.com has them.

http://www.audiocubes.com/product/Ja...Earphones.html

q-JAYS is doing well. We will have a new prototype ready soon and the retail version by the end of may/beginning of june if nothing more happens. It's very hard to give a specific date since we want to be very sure that it will be such a good product as we want too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back