Jays q-JAYS & s-JAYS, Prototype impressions
Mar 4, 2007 at 8:34 PM Post #16 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Duke_Of_Eli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's nice to read the review already Garrett. Seems like you got the first kick at the can with the q-Jays. As of now mine are at the security checkpoint and London-Heathrow, GB. Hopefully I'll get them next week then a week after for my impressions. Also in the package is the new J-Jays which I can't wait to put up against my V-moda bass freqs as they're in the same ~50USD price range. I also can't wait to see if the q-Jays can become a "budget" UM2 from what I've read.

It's too bad there's a publication ban on these babies because they really are the smallest damn IEM I've ever seen. Imagine ER-4s minified to the max. You'll have to let us know Peter when we can leak pictures :q-JAYSsmile:.

I sure will
smily_headphones1.gif
The retail version will be such an improvment in finish so it's not fair to show these buddys public yet. I hope you all understand that decision even if it's hard
wink.gif

Mar 4, 2007 at 8:57 PM Post #18 of 523
Peter, are you hoping to improve availability to North American customers pretty soon? Or do you plan to just distrubute to few North Americna based resellers??

I can't find the Djays anywhere besides your site and headphone.com.

Mar 4, 2007 at 9:08 PM Post #20 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by dissembled /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Peter, are you hoping to improve availability to North American customers pretty soon? Or do you plan to just distrubute to few North Americna based resellers??

I can't find the Djays anywhere besides your site and headphone.com.

We have two retailers in Canada and one in the US right now but there will more in US, Europe and so on, but we have to have control too. We are a relative small company still and we want to keep the quality between customers and JAYS number one so one step in time
smily_headphones1.gif

kite7: We are trying different types out so it's not definite what will be in the retail package yet.

Mar 4, 2007 at 11:12 PM Post #21 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by PetCed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If that is what you miss from the d-JAYS you'll like the q-JAYS for sure
smily_headphones1.gif

Kramer: I think you mean d-JAYS right?
smily_headphones1.gif
"The q-jays mids are more in control, and do not project forward like the q-jays."

And it's q-JAYS, not Q-jays hehe
wink.gif
JAYS is always capital letters. I'm glad you like them Kramer!
smily_headphones1.gif
And Kramer.. The clip we talked about. It will come
wink.gif

Cheers!

Aah... I'll have to go back and edit my typos... Sorry about that
biggrin.gif

I re-worded that entire paragraph so it makes more sense.

I think you guys are at an interesting cross-roads. I think the Grado fans are going to want more aggressive mids (900-4500 Hz), yet the sennheiser and AKG crowd would probably prefer them just the way they are.

Personally I think they sound very good just the way they are. One of the q-JAYS strengths is its sense of ambience and soundstage separation. Which I think you should try and do everything you can to retain (BIG plus here!!). If you tweek things to push forward the midrange tones (like a Grado) then you run the risk of collapsing in the sound-stage image.

Garrett

Mar 5, 2007 at 12:44 AM Post #22 of 523
Just to throw one out there for you Peter, what colour options are we looking at for the q-JAYS?

Mar 5, 2007 at 6:45 AM Post #23 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Duke_Of_Eli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just to throw one out there for you Peter, what colour options are we looking at for the Q-Jays?

You mean the q-JAYS right?
wink.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
. To start with it's just a black version but we'll see what comes later
wink.gif

Kramer5150: The retail version will not change in the mids.

Mar 5, 2007 at 11:05 AM Post #24 of 523
PetCed: Hmm, how about you asking Jens Nylander himself about the possibility of a surprise showing of the q-Jays at my university (in the small too-quiet town of Skövde, Sweden) where he de facto will be a guest lecturer the day after tomorrow (on entrepreneurship amongst other things)? Oh, well, at least I tried... ;D Anyhow, I'll definitely be there to listen to him!

Mar 5, 2007 at 8:19 PM Post #25 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by blipmusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PetCed: Hmm, how about you asking Jens Nylander himself about the possibility of a surprise showing of the q-Jays at my university (in the small too-quiet town of Skövde, Sweden) where he de facto will be a guest lecturer the day after tomorrow (on entrepreneurship amongst other things)? Oh, well, at least I tried... ;D Anyhow, I'll definitely be there to listen to him!

He will bring the q-JAYS
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 5, 2007 at 10:02 PM Post #26 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by PetCed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He will bring the q-JAYS
smily_headphones1.gif

Wha...!?
blink.gif
And I'll bring my Headphonia, my er4 and a pair of judicious ears!
tongue.gif
Nah, even if we won't be allowed to try them out, at least I'll be able to see them in all their tiny glory, it seems, which is far better than I expected anyway, yay!
icon10.gif

Mar 6, 2007 at 7:47 AM Post #29 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by joze7205 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope you make them as comfy as the d-JAYS.

If you like the d-JAYS, then you'll love the q-JAYS
smily_headphones1.gif
. At least in my ear they fit better and are more easy to get there. Earcanals are individuel but I think I talk for the big crowd in this case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back