Japan made custom IEM, SUYAMA Private 333 impressions (w/pics)
Aug 18, 2009 at 2:55 AM Post #31 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well these are going to be outrageoiusly expensive i bet. The 333 is $950 USD...i just cannot imagine out much the 5 driver and the 8 driver from Fitear is going to cost...

True, but I'm not sure he's looking to compete with the big 3 in the U.S. l think he's primarily interested in the Japanese market, and I'm not aware of too much competition at this point, although Sasaki would know better than 1.

Aug 18, 2009 at 2:58 AM Post #33 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
since he doesn't sell outside of japan anyway, it won't matter much at all. mr. suyama is a very gracious and friendly chap though, i wonder if he could be convinced to do so...

I'll be in Tokyo in October or November. I'll have to stop by and say hello, and see what he has to say about that!

Aug 18, 2009 at 3:21 AM Post #34 of 73
Quote:

well these are going to be outrageoiusly expensive i bet. The 333 is $950 USD...i just cannot imagine out much the 5 driver and the 8 driver from Fitear is going to cost...

I was thinking the same. (Though where I live, the ES3X costs more than $900 too.
ph34r.gif
)

Aug 18, 2009 at 3:37 AM Post #35 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinocelt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was thinking the same. (Though where I live, the ES3X costs more than $900 too.
ph34r.gif
)

Hmmm didn't expect that. It's ok though, You're in Taiwan, you get all the good looking asian girls over there =) those are priceless, haha
biggrin.gif

Aug 18, 2009 at 3:44 AM Post #36 of 73
Quote:

Hmmm didn't expect that. It's ok though, You're in Taiwan, you get all the good looking asian girls over there =) those are priceless, haha
biggrin.gif

You think so, eh? Well, lemme tell you... OK, you're right, but that's beside the point!
mad.gif

(I'll check out with other stores, too, just to make sure that none offers the ES3X at a bargain price. By the way, will you ever receive your 10X3?)

Aug 18, 2009 at 4:05 AM Post #37 of 73
Quote:

You think so, eh? Well, lemme tell you... OK, you're right, but that's beyond the point!
mad.gif

(I'll check out with other stores, too, just to make sure that none offers the ES3X at a bargain price. By the way, will you ever receive your 10X3?)

Haha, lets hope you do fine a bargain store. Brittany said last Thursday they will be shipped out "tomorrow", so which was last friday. cause they ran out of cases to ship them in, so i'm guessing they should arrive this week. She confirmed that they are done, so it's a matter of shipping now.

Aug 18, 2009 at 5:36 AM Post #38 of 73
Quote:

you call that simple? i remember the day when one driver did it all for headphones and earphones. then came the dual dynamics and then... dual armatures. the point of a more complicated system isn't at best, sound quality. the point is rather, selling a product. in any market, more for similar or just slightly more, has always won for overall appearance of quality.

8 drivers, 9 drivers or 3 driver. it makes little difference. one passover, no passover, inherent freqeuncy limiters, it is probably more in the head than anything else. as far as performance is concerned, a phone which can replicate a certain frequency without stirring too much air in other frequencies is still as powerfully a performance machine as another.

anything else is just personal and placebic preference.

well if you think of it like what it is; 3 x dual driver, not 6 x single driver, I think it is relatively simple. 3 way crossovers are extremely common in hi-fi, hell they're extremely common in crappy home audio systems. for good reason too, Low, Mid, High are the building blocks of music; JH13 simply has a dual driver for each to allow faster transient attack and more detail. other than obscene car stereos and THX, you dont see a 6 way crossover anywhere and IMO there is no need for it. It seems to me to be technology for the sake of itself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rlanger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You say why? I say why not? Some have said "What do we need six drivers for?" In the end, it's all about the sound, and if Suyama san can produce something that can compete with what I'm hearing right now out of my JH-13 Pro's, then he will have a sure winner.

Suyama san, like Jerry Harvey, is an innovator looking to continue to move this market forward. He was the first (that I'm aware of) to create custom shells for the SE530s, when he took mine apart over 2 1/2 years ago. Then, he began to develop a number of his own unique custom monitors. I haven't heard them, but have little doubt that they sound wonderful.

I dont believe this is moving anywhere, why not?? hmmm because it creates more room for error, more room for intermodulation/distortion, more things to break down, higher cost and for what?? to show off??

Quote:

any time technology or market can advance, it will. jh just took the crown for most drivers in a production model with the jh13 from hidition who made 5 drivers. now someone has to outdo them. eventually, it is all going to sound the same no matter the number. the only thing different will be the money we pay... who knows, but geez - since the ue11, i have been wondering what in the hell is up...

if you believe simply having more of something is better then sure, as I said, I was hesitant at the idea of 6; you just have to look at some of my early posts in the JH13 thread to see that I was not interested in the JH13 when I thought it was a 6 way IEM. same with UE11, I was never interested in it because of what I consider to be an unbalanced sound sig. a more advanced way of performing an old trick to me IS interesting, so I bought JH13.

Aug 18, 2009 at 6:47 AM Post #40 of 73
Quote:

Money!

EARPHONES! HEADPHONES! AMPS! SPEAKERS!

Aug 18, 2009 at 7:46 AM Post #41 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sasaki /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SUYAMA custom IEM has been numbered such as 435 or 224. This represent the configuration of drivers. This 333 means 3 way, 3 units, 3 drivers. Because there are some BA units which have two drivers(receivers) built in to the same unit. For example, Westone ES3/ES3X would be named 333 in the style of SUYAMA. However, westone3 would be named as 323, as high and mid drivers are incorporated into one unit(Knowles TWFK).....

i think it's 323 for the es3x instead, as es3x/um3x/w3 all hv the same driver configuration
i am quite sure about it but maybe someone could verify this?

Aug 18, 2009 at 7:57 AM Post #42 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by zeckwsr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i think it's 323 for the es3x instead, as es3x/um3x/w3 all hv the same driver configuration
i am quite sure about it but maybe someone could verify this?

yes that's true. The High and Mid of the ES3X is from a Dual Element BA, so it's 3 way, 2 units, 3 drivers.

Aug 18, 2009 at 8:33 AM Post #43 of 73
haha, thanks qusp. of course i am excited about the jh13pro - and mine will arrive sometime. will i fall in love? probably, but i hope it isn't because i listened to the marketing advertisements. i hope it is because i truly respect the sound and don't blame it on any other than the tooling rather than just reciting what jerry said.

Aug 18, 2009 at 1:22 PM Post #45 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sasaki /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi all,
As far as I know, the 668 is something like an experimental and one-off product. I think Suyama-san tried to know about the implementation limit.

and you heard them?
smily_headphones1.gif
)668
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back