IT01s IEM. A new view to your music.
Jan 2, 2019 at 5:52 PM Post #241 of 669
Key words: "Before being approved for production,"

And for pre production monitors or most things, this is hardly unheard of.

Most manufactures do this life test. This is totally different, "before production" than burning in every single monitor that is to be sold. I have some expensive speakers but they weren't burn't in before I got them. They were tested but still needed to be run in. The same with many amps etc. Cary Audio, in their manual as many do, states that 100 hours are needed for the burn in process. And on it goes.

You are 100% right about that. It was a bad idea on my part to use it as an example (it was the first that came to mind, from my recent memory). Can't quite remember which other manufacturers actually burned every single unit before putting it on the market, but I guess that's irrelevant now. As for whether it makes sense for the manufacturer to factory burn-in their earphones... well... I don't know. Maybe that's asking too much from an $200 IEM.

My only problem is within the belief that burn-in fixes "intended" tuning, where it simply doesn't.

Jan 2, 2019 at 5:56 PM Post #242 of 669
You are 100% right about that. It was a bad idea on my part to use it as an example (it was the first that came to mind, from my recent memory). Can't quite remember which other manufacturers actually burned every single unit before putting it on the market, but I guess that's irrelevant now. As for whether it makes sense for the manufacturer to factory burn-in their earphones... well... I don't know. Maybe that's asking too much from an $200 IEM.

My only problem is within the belief that burn-in fixes "intended" tuning, where it simply doesn't.
I don't think it is expected to "fix" tuning. I never assumed it was for that. It is to get the product to where the manufacture intended when all is said and done. In other words, once the parts are formed, drivers limbered up, caps formed etc. Then the IEM, amp or whatever, is where the manufacture wanted, good or bad.

Jan 2, 2019 at 6:06 PM Post #243 of 669
Hey wait, wasn't this thread about something. An earphone I think. Can't remember which one though...

Jan 2, 2019 at 8:28 PM Post #244 of 669
Hi @udesign48,

I suggest contact @Paul - iBasso for your issue regarding the IT 01 connector.

His email can also be found on any iBasso thread on the headfi forum.

By the way, you won't be disappointed with the IT 01s.

Hope you have a great day !

Jan 2, 2019 at 9:12 PM Post #245 of 669
Hi all,

I will say once again & I have said this on other threads...

Whether you believe in burn in or not, the important thing is to use the thing, personally & subjectively, that is as good if not better than 'burn in'.
That way, as long as the thing is being used & all components are worked, then there should be no issues.
If there are issues then it is up to the manufacturer to set them right which in iBasso's case, is not a problem.

Anyway, just my two cents...

Hope everyone has a great day !

Jan 3, 2019 at 1:01 AM Post #246 of 669
Burn in at maximum volume? That's a nightmare for me. Well, at least if you will have to use the TARA Labs Cascade Burn In file. I have tried to burn in a Vido earbuds (dynamic driver and dirt cheap earbuds) having the volume about 3/4 way up. In just 48 hours, the earbuds lost all the bass thump and rumble which was its strong or selling point. I think the drive got roasted. I can't imagine someone doing that with the IT01s or any other DD IEMs at max volume. Might differ depending on the materials and construction. Try your luck if you're in doubt.

As of this moment, I have the Debauche Bacchus Monroe dual dynamic IEM on burn in. Already changed a lot compared to stock sound. It's quite harder to drive compared to other IEMs I have tried. I have to go 20+ more steps in volume compared to my IT01. I also just found out that it performs, if not full, but better potential when amped (second time I got to hear something better with amp for an IEM, first was the Aurisonics Rockets).

We all have different experiences with audio gears so it might be best to always approach things openly and with a broader mindset.

Jan 3, 2019 at 1:04 AM Post #247 of 669
Burn in at maximum volume? That's a nightmare for me. Well, at least if you will have to use the TARA Labs Cascade Burn In file. I have tried to burn in a Vido earbuds (dynamic driver and dirt cheap earbuds) having the volume about 3/4 way up. In just 48 hours, the earbuds lost all the bass thump and rumble which was its strong or selling point. I think the drive got roasted. I can't imagine someone doing that with the IT01s or any other DD IEMs at max volume. Might differ depending on the materials and construction. Try your luck if you're in doubt.

As of this moment, I have the Debauche Bacchus Monroe dual dynamic IEM on burn in. Already changed a lot compared to stock sound. It's quite harder to drive compared to other IEMs I have tried. I have to go 20+ more steps in volume compared to my IT01. I also just found out that it performs, if not full, but better potential when amped (second time I got to hear something better with amp for an IEM, first was the Aurisonics Rockets).

We all have different experiences with audio gears so it might be best to always approach things openly and with a broader mindset.

It defies logic to burn in at a full volume. You should burn in at a normal listening level or slightly higher and also take some breaks for the drivers.

Jan 3, 2019 at 1:10 AM Post #248 of 669
It defies logic to burn in at a full volume. You should burn in at a normal listening level or slightly higher and also take some breaks for the drivers.

I regret doing it with 3/4 volume so full volume is a nightmare! Hahaha! I don't have the luxury to lose more gears while trying to squeeze out their full potential in sonics. Lesson learned: Just use the same or slightly higher volume as your comfortable listening volume when burning in gears, especially dynamic driver IEMs, earbuds, headphones, or speakers.

Jan 3, 2019 at 6:00 AM Post #249 of 669
Unboxing vid here guys!

upload_2019-1-3_11-0-21.png

http://earphonia.com/unboxing/ibasso-audio-it01s-earphone-unboxing/

Jan 4, 2019 at 7:39 AM Post #251 of 669
Is the entire IT01s shell metal, or just the nozzle? I know the shell looks like it’s polished metal, but it’s possible to coat plastic so it resembles polished metal.

Also, I wonder why ibasso didn’t name this IT02? Besides therenot being an IT02, it makes logical sense by being an evolution to the IT01. In addition, I can see there being confusion when referring to the normal IT01 as a plural or possessive. For example, when using these statements about the original IT01:

“I really like my IT01s”
or
“My IT01s mmcx jack is loose”

Can you tell which model I’m talking about in these statements (the IT01 or the IT01s)?

“Do you have the IT01s?”
or
“Do you have the IT01s?”

The possibility for confusion is compounded by the fact that the ‘s’ in ‘IT01s’ is not capitalized.

Oh well, just an observation.

Perhaps same as iPhone models : iPhone 6 iPhone 6s iPhone 7 iPhone 7s etc ?

Jan 4, 2019 at 8:06 AM Post #252 of 669
Is the entire IT01s shell metal, or just the nozzle? I know the shell looks like it’s polished metal, but it’s possible to coat plastic so it resembles polished metal.

Also, I wonder why ibasso didn’t name this IT02? Besides therenot being an IT02, it makes logical sense by being an evolution to the IT01. In addition, I can see there being confusion when referring to the normal IT01 as a plural or possessive. For example, when using these statements about the original IT01:

“I really like my IT01s”
or
“My IT01s mmcx jack is loose”

Can you tell which model I’m talking about in these statements (the IT01 or the IT01s)?

“Do you have the IT01s?”
or
“Do you have the IT01s?”

The possibility for confusion is compounded by the fact that the ‘s’ in ‘IT01s’ is not capitalized.

Oh well, just an observation.
I totally agree with You. It could have been IT02 or ITX or whatever else...

From what I know, shell of IT01S should be plastic. Not sure though.

Jan 4, 2019 at 8:57 AM Post #254 of 669
Just curious,

Probably ridiculous question, who else is enjoying the IT 01s?

Hope everyone has a great day !

Jan 4, 2019 at 8:59 AM Post #255 of 669
I am. Been listening to mine since finishishing burn in. I posted this on the discovery thread but I will post it here too.

I sold off my IT01 a while ago so not 100% on these thoughts but from what I remember the IT01s is every way an upgrade on the sonics. It is at a different level in refinements from bass to treble. It has better balancing so while bass is less emphasized on the IT01s it has the better quality in terms of speed and just as good as the IT01 in extension. Sub bass rumble after burn in the IT01S is amazing in the bass area. Stage I want to say is similar in width but the IT01s has the better depth of sound.
The big difference here is now the IT01S has a very nicely defined mid section too. The IT01 while I didn't think was too recessed in the mids was not going to be known for having a great mids section. The IT01S vocals and instruments have their own space to work with due to the much higher resolution. Better micro and macro details as a results. The mids on the IT01s is not forward but no where near recessed either. It is at the perfect balanced level vs the bass and treble. Then there is the treble. On open listen it seems like it might be a brighter iem but after burn in the treble has clean clear crisp definition. Definitely more refined in the treble area over the older IT01.

There is really not an area of sound the new IT01S is not improved that is why they sound like a completely new earphone. If you own the older IT01 and want a clear upgrade IT01S is exactly this. You can safely sell off your IT01 and you will not loose sleep over them. Put that money you got back toward an IT01S.

While the IT01S does not quite reach the sonics of the IT04. They are just as capable and just as enjoyable to listen to which is amazing considering it cost less than half the price of the IT04. IT01s is not as airy or does it quite have the same instrument separation or as wide a stage as the IT04. One can argue the IT01S actually has the better coherency but the IT04 is Ibassos flagship model for a reason. The better value is actually with the IT01S over the IT04 but at the same time the IT04 is arguably Ibasso's most refined earphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back