Isolation + Sound quality help!
Sep 2, 2012 at 8:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 48

PlatinumWolfy

100+ Head-Fier
What about headphones? Which would would be good instead of earphones...

Creative fatality headset?
ROCCAT stero gaming headset?
Steel series siberia?
Steel series 7H?
Steel series 5XB?
Logitech G330 headset?

Would any of these or any other people can think of do better work than headphones ? yes?

Sep 2, 2012 at 9:23 AM Post #5 of 48
You listed a bunch of headsets. Not what you will be using them for, what type of isolation you need vs. what type of environment, how much you are willing to spend, weather or not a microphone is required or not, if they will be used for gaming or music, weather you plan to use stereo or surround sound, what your preferences in sound are... Nothing. I gave you an invaluable resource to help you find the best gaming headphones, going off the assumption that is what you need based on your list.

You can give it a look, as most of the information is covered in the very first post, or you can keep acting smart in which case I wish you good luck.

Sep 2, 2012 at 11:15 AM Post #6 of 48
Environment is music or sound from TV
Gaming and music. Mainly gaming.
Surround mainly or stereo doesn't matter
I just need headphones with averagely good quality of isolation + sound quality.

Price I assume I can budget to 20-30? I think

Sep 3, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #9 of 48
On this page, you are not gonna get a lot of gamer headphone recommendations.  Just not the right audience.

It appears you are looking for an all-around set of headphones that excel at gaming in the sub $100 range.  The Steelseries Siberias are decent for that purpose.  But none of the cans you listed are audiophile grade.  

Right above the $100 range, you can find the Audio Technica ATH M50s.  Those are a great set of headphones for music.  They seal too.
For a "mostly gamer" the ATH AD700 will blow away any of the cans you listed above, and they are $89 on amazon at the moment.  Only problem is they don't seal.
If you are adamant about staying below $100, the Sony MDR-V6 is a good all around set of sealed headphones.

And any of the above 3 cans will run decent out of a computer sound card.  i.e if you don't intend to use an external dac/amp.

There are other options, but they will cost you a bit more, so knowing your budget is important.  Hope this helps.

Sep 4, 2012 at 8:39 AM Post #14 of 48
I've tried the SIberias, and they are okay sound quality.  I found the 3d effect 2 dimensional.  Determining what was front and back was all but impossible.  So for a true gamer, I wouldn't put Siberias high on your list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back