Is the iMod worth the extra $199 ?
Nov 8, 2007 at 4:31 AM Post #331 of 337
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"What he said", "X2", and "X3" are not worthy posts. Not to mention "ROTFL" and "QFT".

Surely people of such high intellect can construct a better post to help contribute to the conversation.

Here's an example:

2 Guys walk into a bar...
tongue.gif

Are you saying my breath stinks again!
rolleyes.gif

I don't know if I can handle this kind of pressure!

Nov 8, 2007 at 5:27 AM Post #332 of 337
Heres a slightly better add to the converstation... the iMod + vCap dock:

few people argue it, everyone who has heard it or has one has NEVER mentioned any disappointment... I have both a Super Cotton iMod dock and the vCap dock. The Super Cotton sounds great, but the gap is easily spotted and its noticeable even with my $15 KSC75. I don't feel much need to confirm it with others. Maybe thats the reason we don't elaborate enough in our posts.

I wish I had the funds to start a loaner program for the vCap dock. I think it would surprise other iMod owners.

Nov 8, 2007 at 10:53 AM Post #333 of 337
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

2 Guys walk into a bar...
tongue.gif

You think one of them would have seen it...

Anywho, the iMod is the first high end source that I've owned and I'm very pleased. I know for a lot of people, it's not the end all be all answer for a source and that there are better out there ( along with a higher price tag), but for me it's just about perfect. I have no need to go any higher when it comes to a source.

Nov 26, 2007 at 4:24 AM Post #334 of 337
well, obviously it depends whether musical enjoyment, to you, is worth any amount. I have a neighbor who spends four figures each month on live music (concerts in almost any genre as long as he can get excited about the music). to me, that's an enviable insanity. - as for my iMod, yes it's worth it, to me - and yes, it's significantly 'better' in several ways than my other iPod, and it's not that much of a price difference if you get an iMod used right here.

speaking of which - so nice to see the forums back up, just as I need somewhere to go for a rant about that annoying NYTimes piece, "Hard to be an audiophile in an iPod world". ugh... nope, in celebration of the revival of these pages, I will hold myself back. it's not at all that hard to be an audiophile in an iPod world, thanks in no small part to head-fi!

Dec 2, 2007 at 4:28 AM Post #336 of 337
Nah, my ultraportable is the 1st gen shuffle with my headphones of the day. The iMod and just the amp isn't even something I just pick up and go with to walk to class. I know because I have the iMod cable and vCap dock to decide between. I guess it is a little bit more on the transportable side, but it can still fit into a large pocket unlike most transportable systems.

I guess what I'm saying is, yes, its more of a transportable system. And I take it with me to the laundry mat, to friends houses, to the library, on long trips, even with me to a long schedule of classes with breaks in between. For a quick walk, or just when I'm in a hurry, I grab the shuffle. I still can't justify buying something like the LISA III for it over a desktop amp if it doesn't fit in my pocket so that I can move around freely and keep my hands free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back