Is Sansa Clip + really that good?!
Oct 17, 2011 at 9:57 PM Post #106 of 467

Quote:
The current Shuffle has plenty of volume for most *sane* headphones, but I would still choose the Clip+. 2GB of music just isnt going to be enough, even for gym etc.

How long do you work out for? With a little room to spare, my Shuffle has 16 hours of music on it....lol.

Oct 17, 2011 at 10:46 PM Post #107 of 467
I once posted that I could quite happily live with a hundred tunes if all I did was walk around/catch buses etc, and I was greeted with a massive gnashing of teeth. Many here simply wont be happy with anything less than a 240GB player, but suggest anything larger than the current Classic and its as though you were caught digging up a relative to go through his pockets .....

Oct 17, 2011 at 11:18 PM Post #108 of 467

Quote:
I once posted that I could quite happily live with a hundred tunes if all I did was walk around/catch buses etc, and I was greeted with a massive gnashing of teeth. Many here simply wont be happy with anything less than a 240GB player, but suggest anything larger than the current Classic and its as though you were caught digging up a relative to go through his pockets .....

Ah yes, the lossless-only brigade.
wink.gif

I'd certainly not want to have  this 2GB player as my only player, even though I leave the FLACs home on the computer......but given the other players I have (64GB, 32GB, 8+16GB, 8GB) this one will have a place in my stable. 

Oct 17, 2011 at 11:48 PM Post #109 of 467
A DAP for each week day, eh ? Novel concept - mix and match the DAP with various headphones and you can have something different each day. I just tend to pick up whatever I can find on my way out the door - mornings arent my finest hour.

Oct 18, 2011 at 1:00 AM Post #110 of 467
One nice thing about the clip+ is that you could load up different discs with different music, to match the day, mood, task, whatever. Plug and go.

Oct 18, 2011 at 2:51 PM Post #111 of 467
I would say 32GB would be the optimal size vs cost personally... 16GB is alright as well but any less then about 10GB and it is just too small tbh.... if you have a micro SD slot you can buy a 16GB microSD card for about £20 so why not?!

Oct 19, 2011 at 1:19 AM Post #112 of 467
32GB ? Thats a Shelbyville thing - when my T51 gets here tomorrow, I plan to roll with a 16GB SDHC card - keep that collection all-FLAC and you dont need to carry every tune ever recorded :wink:

Oct 19, 2011 at 9:38 PM Post #114 of 467

Quote:
For example 1 2cd album in flac is over 1gb already so if your collection is a combo of 320kbps and flac then anything under 10gb just wont cut it!

Perhaps you should adjust your compression levels.
wink_face.gif

Oct 19, 2011 at 9:51 PM Post #115 of 467
T51 has 8GB onboard (ok, a little over 7GB usable - they include a couple of FLAC demo tunes) - adding that 16GB SD gives me over 22GB - thats plenty for me personally, but it wont begin to make many Head-Fiers happy. For some of the poppier tunes, even 192K MP3 is acceptable - neither my ears nor the source are going to pack up and go home because I have a few lower bitrate songs on the player. 

Nov 26, 2011 at 5:43 PM Post #116 of 467
Hmm I have decided that the Sansa Clip is actually a very good little player if you consider it costs £35 and can be made into a 40GB player for another £25..... Since I have got some new headphones I am liking it a lot.... Great little product and a refreshing change from apple etc..

Nov 26, 2011 at 8:47 PM Post #117 of 467

The Sansa Clip+ is cheap, very small and portable player that supports Rockbox which allows the user to customise the EQ to great depths.
They sound quite decent for the price and it also has a nice microSD card slot to further increase the storage.

Nov 26, 2011 at 9:45 PM Post #118 of 467
I believe a Rockbox'd Clip+ is insanely good. I bought a 4GB example to replace my nearly dead C250. I carried out a blind EQ configuration, partly in order to see how my actual taste in sound is, to what I am forced to listen with my Zune 120. The result is that, there is actually very little difference, just the extreme highs and lows are extended, but everything else is spot on. Now, if this is my ears having become accustomed to the Zune sound, I don't know. But the fact that my Rockbox'd Clip+ now sounds better than my Zune, for me, means that it is worth every penny I paid for it.

Nov 28, 2011 at 8:58 AM Post #119 of 467
The Sansa Clip+ is a brilliant little DAP. Once Rockboxed the already good SQ gets even better. A great sounding little DAP for cycling, jogging, walking or just casual listening. Highly recommended.

Nov 28, 2011 at 1:49 PM Post #120 of 467

Quote:
A DAP for each week day, eh ? Novel concept - mix and match the DAP with various headphones and you can have something different each day. I just tend to pick up whatever I can find on my way out the door - mornings arent my finest hour.

Well, I've got 10 DAP's that I use actively. Plus an old Nomad Jukebox 3 that I have plugged into my stereo. I only use MP3 on my DAP's, but my collection is over 160BG, so I have combined my love for music with my interest in older DAP's. My latest purchase was an 8GB Sansa Clip+ with a 16GB MicroSD card. Space is starting to run out on my DAP:s, so I should have gotten a 32GB MicrosSD card instead...

And no, I'm not interested in a 160GB iPod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back