Is Sansa Clip + really that good?!
Oct 13, 2011 at 5:47 AM Post #91 of 467
The Shuffle is very good, I find. It's the one player I've tried that hisses the least - or at all - with my ie8s, and it sounds the best flat out of every player I've ever tried, which is just as well as it offers no EQ.

But you get a lot more for your money with a Clip+, expandability, Rockbox etc.

Oct 13, 2011 at 6:07 AM Post #92 of 467
well i now have my iPod classic with a Fiio L3 LOD and love it, more memory than my old clip+, and i like the sound, also the build quality of the iPod shouldnt let me down like the clip+, but there is the pric difference. For the money the clip+ is great.

Oct 13, 2011 at 10:07 AM Post #94 of 467

Quote:
Thanks.
Still a hard decision between that and a shuffle though..

I've never had a Shuffle, so I don't know if you'd like it or not. The obvious difference is the lack of screen and expandable memory that the Clip+/Clip Zip both have. But I don't know how the Shuffle would sound, or what its battery life might be. I've toyed with the idea of getting one recently, but I already have 4 players.....lol.

Oct 13, 2011 at 10:50 AM Post #95 of 467
Do I have a faulty one or something (I think not tbh) then because the bass IMO is not great at all.

Im sure it is not faulty but I am suprised that other people dont notice that the bass isnt very good.

Oct 13, 2011 at 10:58 AM Post #96 of 467
I got a shuffle before the sansa clip, and the sound was enough good for me. I loved the build quality of it, and I was using it for jogging.
I managed to avoid the itune annoyance, by using a python script I found on the web : you drag & drop file, you run script (1 second), and it's done. Unfortunately one day, it began to perform erratically, I think by affecting the playback rate; anyway the sound became disastrous.
I don't know where the problem came from:  perhaps by shaking up too much the player ?

The obvious advantage of sansa clip: no script  to run, support of flac, small screen. I think the sansa clip have even smaller weight too.  But I miss the classy design of the shuffle, and the aluminium chassis.

Oct 13, 2011 at 12:17 PM Post #97 of 467

Quote:
Do I have a faulty one or something (I think not tbh) then because the bass IMO is not great at all.

Im sure it is not faulty but I am suprised that other people dont notice that the bass isnt very good.

Depending on your 'phones/iems, but yeah, Apple did something to make the Shuffle sound better than their previous offerings, imo, and the bass is fine.

Oct 13, 2011 at 1:23 PM Post #98 of 467
My Clip+ just lost its clip, like Clip did before. Thus I am interested how the newest Shuffle sounds. I had elder Shuffle before Clips, it was durable but sounded meh. 

Oct 14, 2011 at 1:28 AM Post #99 of 467

Quote:
Depending on your 'phones/iems, but yeah, Apple did something to make the Shuffle sound better than their previous offerings, imo, and the bass is fine.

How is the Shuffle volume-wise, compared to the Clip+ with EQ disabled? I have a $5 pair of throw-away Koss 'phones that I throw into my backpack when I go to work(because I don't care if they break) and they have pretty low sensitivity, so I have to turn whatever player I use up louder than normal with them. The Shuffle's metal construction could make it a nice durable at-work player, i would think.

Oct 14, 2011 at 5:29 AM Post #100 of 467

Quote:
How is the Shuffle volume-wise, compared to the Clip+ with EQ disabled? I have a $5 pair of throw-away Koss 'phones that I throw into my backpack when I go to work(because I don't care if they break) and they have pretty low sensitivity, so I have to turn whatever player I use up louder than normal with them. The Shuffle's metal construction could make it a nice durable at-work player, i would think.

Oh, it's loud enough - perhaps not as much as a Clip+, but I should imagine it wouldn't have a problem powering those.

It's a good deal louder than my volume-hobbled Sonys.

Oct 14, 2011 at 10:20 AM Post #101 of 467
I like the clip+ because:
It has a clip.
It's very small and very light.
It has expandable memory.
It's cheap.
User interface is straightforward.
Sounds nice.

If you pick any one of these things you are liable.to find another player that's better, but for no nonsense listening to music on the go the Clip+ is great.

Oct 14, 2011 at 10:41 AM Post #102 of 467

Quote:
I like the clip+ because:
It has a clip.
It's very small and very light.
It has expandable memory.
It's cheap.
User interface is straightforward.
Sounds nice.

All the points I've highlighted in bold , I'd say they are in common with the ipod shuffle.
Off course the interface of shuffle is even more straightforward, but with less options.

About the expendable memory , my "jogging playlist" is still too small to take advantage of this.

Oct 17, 2011 at 4:53 PM Post #103 of 467

Quote:
All the points I've highlighted in bold , I'd say they are in common with the ipod shuffle.
Off course the interface of shuffle is even more straightforward, but with less options.

About the expendable memory , my "jogging playlist" is still too small to take advantage of this.

Tbh tho "its cheap" and "it has expandable memory" are the 2 most important things in that list lol.

Oct 17, 2011 at 9:19 PM Post #104 of 467
If you were choosing Clip+ or Shuffle as an only player, then I would say Clip+.....I have both now and am pleased with both of them.

Oct 17, 2011 at 9:47 PM Post #105 of 467
The current Shuffle has plenty of volume for most *sane* headphones, but I would still choose the Clip+. 2GB of music just isnt going to be enough, even for gym etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back