iPod Custom EQ - Yes, it CAN be done!!!
Jan 17, 2009 at 4:32 AM Post #32 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by zip22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
by major, you mean you did something like max out the bass and minimize everything else to get a horrible sounding eq that transfered?

I've already asked him that question three times in two threads but haven't gotten an answer. Maybe you can...

Apr 3, 2009 at 2:52 PM Post #36 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by pata2001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This method is just a myth. It doesn't work, period.

That won't stop someone from popping up a new thread about custom EQ on an iPod again in a month.
wink.gif

And it's interesting to note how many of these posters 'hear' a difference. That should tell you all you need to know about expectations and subjective experiences with respect to audio.

Apr 5, 2009 at 12:35 AM Post #37 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by ILikeMusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've already asked him that question three times in two threads but haven't gotten an answer. Maybe you can...

This is ridiculous. He is still posting in this thread but ignoring your request, which is such an obvious way to prove/disprove the theory.

It honestly was a good idea to try this though, but having tried it myself it definitely DOES NOT work.

Apr 5, 2009 at 2:05 AM Post #38 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well what I dud, lucky I use rockbox anyway. what made you actually think it worked for you?? surely you didnt go OMG that sounds so much better even though the ipod did absolutely nothing when I synced it?? the ipod didnt so much as blink on when I tried this out. it must be magic

you are complaining about placebo at headfi? come on, half this site is dedicated to placebo
wink.gif

Apr 5, 2009 at 4:45 AM Post #39 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you are complaining about placebo at headfi? come on, half this site is dedicated to placebo
wink.gif

fair call, but at least even the mods that could be argued aer totally placebo usually LOOK different and you know that you have physically done the mod even if it isnt audible LOL

Nov 20, 2009 at 3:38 PM Post #42 of 91
Who knows, maybe iPod does not allow to make silly EQs? And allows only minor changes?
wink.gif

Nov 22, 2009 at 1:37 AM Post #44 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wink.gif

The custom EQ's not working for you because you need to burn it in first. I suggest 146 hours of alternating pink and white noise in 33 second intervals. After that you should definitely be able to tell a difference.

Nov 22, 2009 at 1:39 AM Post #45 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedSky0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The custom EQ's not working for you because you need to burn it in first. I suggest 146 hours of alternating pink and white noise in 33 second intervals. After that you should definitely be able to tell a difference.

This post made me lol'd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back