iPhone users! USB-C cable, dac experience with iOS
Apr 3, 2024 at 6:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

dezzadk

100+ Head-Fier
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002259082998.html

I was looking at this thinking it might be a better alternative for me personally than having that dongle curl around and break itself.

Idk about the ILX-S015 DAC tho' but who knows maybe aliexpress will refund it if its terrible.. Its not a particularly expensive product.

Whats your experience as iPhone users? Do they tend to reject these or some DACs on USB-C?

Apr 4, 2024 at 12:45 AM Post #2 of 8
I have no experience with that item. However, in looking at its description, I can say that nothing about it that inspires any kind of confidence in terms of functionality, reliability, or sound quality.

Personally, I'd rather buy an Apple headphone adapter, have it break, and then buy a second headphone adapter, for the same price as one of those.

Apr 4, 2024 at 1:13 AM Post #3 of 8
I have no experience with that item. However, in looking at its description, I can say that nothing about it that inspires any kind of confidence in terms of functionality, reliability, or sound quality.

Personally, I'd rather buy an Apple headphone adapter, have it break, and then buy a second headphone adapter, for the same price as one of those.
You're right.. but they do make supposedly decent cables also used by several members on here..

I'm still interested in whether people generally have issues with other USB-C DACs than the Apple adapter..

Apr 4, 2024 at 2:21 AM Post #4 of 8
You're right.. but they do make supposedly decent cables also used by several members on here..

I'm still interested in whether people generally have issues with other USB-C DACs than the Apple adapter..

Then it might be worth a try? 🤷‍♂️ Wish I could help, but again I have no experience with it.

As for other USB-C adapters, I haven't come across a whole lot of complaints, but then again, I'm still on an older Lightning iPhone so I don't know.

Apr 4, 2024 at 3:55 AM Post #5 of 8
I actually weren't so fond of the Apple dongle as they often are praised on reddit or various online reviewers as "bait" ("This is all you need", "You don't need more", etc). Imho it seems to be a circlejerk topic everyone brings up to attract viewers.. Even with IEMs I feel like its a significant downgrade. Sound lacks body, its awfully hollow and canny.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2024 at 4:06 AM Post #6 of 8
I actually weren't so fond of the Apple dongle as they often are praised on reddit or various online reviewers as "bait" ("This is all you need", "You don't need more", etc). Imho it seems to be a circlejerk topic everyone brings up to attract viewers.. Even with IEMs I feel like its a significant downgrade. Sound lacks body, its awfully hollow and canny.

Oh, I definitely agree with you there, which is why I don't use them. But I'd still rather use those than that one on Ali. :smile:

Apr 4, 2024 at 6:03 AM Post #8 of 8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back