iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality
Apr 9, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #1,441 of 1,973
A little reality check for the fanboys among our ranks. This is pretty much the same story I get from my friend who is a software developer for Apple.

http://roadlesstravelled.me/2015/04/06/why-steve-jobs-motivated-me-to-quit-apple/

Apr 9, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #1,443 of 1,973
^^^^ Sounds like another disgruntled employee. Maybe he did not get the promotion he wanted. Or giving the benefit of the doubt, he wants to make his own Apple.  If everyone could be part of inventing something like THE personal computer, then they could be rich, powerful, and make companies run with the founder's visions.  Apple is Apple because Jobs and the Woz invented the PC.......Windows copied them. 

I know this because I've been on Spaceship Earth a number of times 
ph34r.gif

Apr 9, 2015 at 12:03 PM Post #1,444 of 1,973
The iPhone 6's output impedance is 3.7 ohms, correct?

Apr 9, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #1,445 of 1,973
I've heard the 600 and 650s before - they sound great, but the styling really looks cheap / dated for a high-end headphone...  

I actually really like the styling. Then again I'm pretty dated myself. :wink:
Don't see them when they are on my bonce!
It's how they sound and the fact that I find them comfortable that matters to me. YMMV but cost x4???

Apr 9, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #1,446 of 1,973
I actually really like the styling. Then again I'm pretty dated myself. :wink:
Don't see them when they are on my bonce!
It's how they sound and the fact that I find them comfortable that matters to me. YMMV but cost x4???

Dated looks. Maybe. But since they are open you wouldn't use them out and about. So who cares.

Imagine they put the same sound in a stylish case and price it 499 again...that would suck....

Apr 9, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #1,448 of 1,973
A little reality check for the fanboys among our ranks. This is pretty much the same story I get from my friend who is a software developer for Apple.

http://roadlesstravelled.me/2015/04/06/why-steve-jobs-motivated-me-to-quit-apple/

Well. I'm a customer not an Apple worker. My reality check has been listening to a Fiio X5 and an iPhone 6 side by sode. Somehow that bunch of jerks working at Apple are able to pull stunning headphone outs in between meetings.

I don't know what the guy expected to find at such a big corporation though.

Fear the man wearing velcro strapped sandals, for he has nothing left to lose.

Apr 9, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #1,449 of 1,973
Nope.

2.3 (checked in headphoniaks.com and hifi-forum.de)

Thanks.

Apr 9, 2015 at 9:37 PM Post #1,450 of 1,973
Nope.

iPhone 6 Plus, the same?

Apr 9, 2015 at 11:42 PM Post #1,451 of 1,973
Nope.

iPhone 6 Plus, the same?

I don't know.

Ken Rockwell measured it at more than 3 ohms, but it might be that the cables that he used added resistance (as happened with his iPhone 5 and iPod Touch measurements).

Apr 14, 2015 at 11:48 PM Post #1,455 of 1,973

Amazing video, thanks for sharing....and such a powerful and well thought through music app. You can bash Apple for many things but this app is awesome, period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back