Introducing the T10i, an all new IEM from RHA
Dec 18, 2014 at 9:53 PM Post #482 of 613
i was wondering why my t10's were so bassy on one side....turns out I only have 1 reference filter, 3 bass filters and 2 treble filters...

good to double check guys!

Dec 22, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #483 of 613
  i was wondering why my t10's were so bassy on one side....turns out I only have 1 reference filter, 3 bass filters and 2 treble filters...

good to double check guys!

That's, erm, strange!

Can you send us some pictures via PM? I'm guessing you've already let the team know? http://bit.ly/RHA-CC

Thanks!

Dec 23, 2014 at 11:45 PM Post #484 of 613
I honestly think RHA should have marketed/advertised these as specializing in bass response. They should have embraced the bass. Like the cks1000, the xb90ex, the JVC fxz series ect, ect...

Those earphones have been successfull and there is totally a market for them. As well as a fan base. I think that the box for the t10 is misleading in the sense that the FR plot printed doesn't match the perceived response at all. Also, the brief description of the hand made driver uses terms like "balanced". these are far from balanced. Even with treble filters installed, they are still bass heavy.

So, did the engineers or who ever really just hear a balanced sound? Or were these intentionally tuned to deliver in the low end? I would assume the latter. If that is the case, then why take the " balanced" and "clarity" route? I think they unintentionally gave people the wrong expectations. I think that if they got everyone expecting the best basshead earphone the begin with, there would be much more incredibly positive testimonials.

After owning the T10 for a few days, and coming from such sets as xb90ex, turbines, JVC XX, the RHA are very impressive as a basshead iem. In fact, I think it fares better than any other basshead iem I've tried. There is a lot of sub bass and its done well. Its rumbly, and solid and makes EDM a lot of fun. Mids can sound slightly recessed at times, but are overall pleasant, lush and a bit warm, witch I prefer. The treble has good detail, but is just a bit laid back. If anywhere I would like to tweak a bit, it would be some more treble. I would say it reminds me closest of the xb90ex. But given the build quality, the ergonomics and the overall craftsmanship, the RHA are just a truly amazing pure basshead iem.

Dec 24, 2014 at 2:28 AM Post #485 of 613

That's, erm, strange!

Can you send us some pictures via PM? I'm guessing you've already let the team know? http://bit.ly/RHA-CC

Thanks!

it's all good, I returned them to the store. the sound signature wasn't for me! Very good build quality though. Just too much bass for me.

Dec 25, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #486 of 613
. Sweet
smily_headphones1.gif
, I will be waiting for your review

Well not really a review, but I finally have compared the two directly. The M-100s have a more pronounced V-Shape curve. Big bass mids take a back seat (but are still separate and clear, the bass never interferes with the mids) and they have decently (but not overly) sharp highs with roll off in the upper frequencies.  The T10i in comparison seem far less pronounced, and depends on the filter. The highs are pretty much equal in terms of rolloff, but the M-100s, at times seem to sparkle a bit more, but the T10i seem more natural. Bass decay and speed are about equal, neither are speed demons. The biggest difference is in how the curve is presented. The bass of the T10i is very linear going into a small scoop for the midrange. Then depending on the filter the highs can either sparkle or remain recessed or just take a back seat entirely. The T10i's are surprisingly more detailed than the M-100s though. That isn't to say that the M-100s are undetailed, but considering how I've heard people talk about the T10i, I wasn't expecting the level of detail on these guys. Even the soundstaging is similar, but I'd give the M-100s that one. (tested with Dr Chesky binaural sound show) But the sound stage of T10i is very 3D. The only IEM that I have that bested it was the ASG-2, which is impressive. 

If you are looking for a companion for the M-100s I'd say these would actually fit the bill pretty well. While there are differences they are definitely cut from the same cloth. A fun and dynamic headphone with bass to spare. The presentations are slightly different, but if you enjoy the M-100s I'd be surprised if you didn't enjoy the T10i similarly. 

Full review should be coming in a couple of days. 

Dec 25, 2014 at 7:39 PM Post #487 of 613
Well not really a review, but I finally have compared the two directly. The M-100s have a more pronounced V-Shape curve. Big bass mids take a back seat (but are still separate and clear, the bass never interferes with the mids) and they have decently (but not overly) sharp highs with roll off in the upper frequencies.  The T10i in comparison seem far less pronounced, and depends on the filter. The highs are pretty much equal in terms of rolloff, but the M-100s, at times seem to sparkle a bit more, but the T10i seem more natural. Bass decay and speed are about equal, neither are speed demons. The biggest difference is in how the curve is presented. The bass of the T10i is very linear going into a small scoop for the midrange. Then depending on the filter the highs can either sparkle or remain recessed or just take a back seat entirely. The T10i's are surprisingly more detailed than the M-100s though. That isn't to say that the M-100s are undetailed, but considering how I've heard people talk about the T10i, I wasn't expecting the level of detail on these guys. Even the soundstaging is similar, but I'd give the M-100s that one. (tested with Dr Chesky binaural sound show) But the sound stage of T10i is very 3D. The only IEM that I have that bested it was the ASG-2, which is impressive. 

If you are looking for a companion for the M-100s I'd say these would actually fit the bill pretty well. While there are differences they are definitely cut from the same cloth. A fun and dynamic headphone with bass to spare. The presentations are slightly different, but if you enjoy the M-100s I'd be surprised if you didn't enjoy the T10i similarly. 

Full review should be coming in a couple of days. 
. Okay i'm going for the T10i that was all I needed to hear :), out of the two which do you prefer?

Dec 25, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #488 of 613
. Okay i'm going for the T10i that was all I needed to hear
smily_headphones1.gif
, out of the two which do you prefer?

Honestly... for most things I'd grab the T10i. But the tuning of the M-100s are a bit better for EDM. But that's if I want a bassy fun headphone. I'd find myself reaching for my Rocket's most times. That said, I'm really considering seeing if I can get my ASG-2 made into a ASG-1 Plus and getting the T10i for my bassy IEM needs.

Dec 25, 2014 at 10:32 PM Post #489 of 613

Honestly... for most things I'd grab the T10i. But the tuning of the M-100s are a bit better for EDM. But that's if I want a bassy fun headphone. I'd find myself reaching for my Rocket's most times. That said, I'm really considering seeing if I can get my ASG-2 made into a ASG-1 Plus and getting the T10i for my bassy IEM needs.

Why wouldn't you just get the ASG-2 made into an ASG-2.5, keep the rockets and voila.

Dec 25, 2014 at 10:36 PM Post #490 of 613

Why wouldn't you just get the ASG-2 made into an ASG-2.5, keep the rockets and voila.

Because what I'd use my ASG-2s for I can use the cheaper T10i for. The ASG-2.5 is a more refined ASG-2. The ASG-1 Plus is a more refined Rocket. As I reach for my Rockets most of all if I get the ASG-1 Plus I can use that for more on the go and my Rockets for workout and when I'd be worried about destruction of headphone. 

Jan 1, 2015 at 5:23 AM Post #492 of 613
Special thanks to shotgunshane for setting up the RHA T10i loaner program.  As promised, I finally got around to writing up my thoughts on the T10i.  Sorry for the delay.  Thanks again for allowing me to hear it.  Happy New Year.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/rha-t10i/reviews/12260

Jan 1, 2015 at 9:33 AM Post #493 of 613
  Special thanks to shotgunshane for setting up the RHA T10i loaner program.  As promised, I finally got around to writing up my thoughts on the T10i.  Sorry for the delay.  Thanks again for allowing me to hear it.  Happy New Year.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/rha-t10i/reviews/12260

Great review! I'll be following suit shortly. I will say that much of your impressions, objectively, match mine. Subjectively. I'd say I probably enjoyed these more because of my headphone collection.

Jan 1, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #495 of 613
With more time I might get used to a warm and bassy earphone.  A week might not have been enough time for adjustment of my brain to this signature.  We had up to 2 weeks for the loaner program but I would not have been able to use them much in the 2nd week so I passed them along.  They still wouldn't be my everyday earphone but I'm sure I could find a place for them from time to time.  I must say they have sparked some interest in a bassier earphone to add to my arsenal. 

Quote:
  Great review! I'll be following suit shortly. I will say that much of your impressions, objectively, match mine. Subjectively. I'd say I probably enjoyed these more because of my headphone collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back