Introducing the T10i, an all new IEM from RHA
Dec 8, 2014 at 2:31 AM Post #469 of 613
Seems the T10i are quite polarising - people either love them or are very lukewarm on the bassy signature.  Is till say the design is amazing. Can't wait to see a true reference tuning in that body though ......

Dec 8, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #471 of 613
Somewhat similar to the Fidue A81 and A71 to my ears - but with a lot more bass overall.  Good mid-range.  Smooth highs.

Dec 8, 2014 at 4:09 PM Post #473 of 613
That's untouched.

All 3 are (to my tastes) bassy, warm IEMs with a very good mid-range, and subdued non-fatiguing treble.

In order of quantity of bass T10i >> A81 >> A71

IMO the T10i needs a significant cut in bass to shine.  A81 needs a cut in bass to meet my personal tastes, and I guess also for most people looking for balance. And I'm evaluating the A71 at the moment. I'm seeing overwhelmingly positive feedback to them so far - and I can see why (the mid-range is magic), but for me the bass is over the top and they are again too warm (for my tastes).

Dec 8, 2014 at 4:15 PM Post #474 of 613
  That's untouched.

All 3 are (to my tastes) bassy, warm IEMs with a very good mid-range, and subdued non-fatiguing treble.

In order of quantity of bass T10i >> A81 >> A71

IMO the T10i needs a significant cut in bass to shine.  A81 needs a cut in bass to meet my personal tastes, and I guess also for most people looking for balance. And I'm evaluating the A71 at the moment. I'm seeing overwhelmingly positive feedback to them so far - and I can see why (the mid-range is magic), but for me the bass is over the top and they are again too warm (for my tastes).

IMO, it's main priority should be controlling the bass. If decreasing bass amount to assist in control (i would assume it helps at least a little), then i'm all for it. For me, if it was at least controlled, i could have enjoyed them more.

Dec 8, 2014 at 8:43 PM Post #476 of 613
Here is my quick impression based on a minute of listening before my gf pulled me away. Hence I was only able to try them with the reference filter. I had been reading alot of negative reactions before trying them on so I approached these with some apprehension. My current go-to earphones are the MA750i.

Fit/Design: I infinitely prefer the MA750i  design, as I could obtain an optimal fit in my first try. The T10i will take some getting used to. I personally don't see the need for the memory leads on the cables near the earpieces and could have been more than happy with the old design.

Sound: I think the reason why there are so many negative opinions is because people were misled by the "reference" filter. These iems, just like the rest of the lineup, are not designed to be reference in any way. They are bass heavy (in a great way) and very non-fatiguing to listen to on the high end. 

Comparing to the MA750i, I do feel that everything is a step up. The bass is stronger and punchier, something that you'll associated with a bass-heavy BA iems, but not so fast and punchy as to sound artificial.

Summary, I feel that these are more for the "modern" or "beats" generation of iems users who love large quantity of quality bass, which makes sense given that these are sold on the apple store, and look like something Apple will design. 

If you're looking for something reference-sounding, or easily get a headache from bass, stay far far away from these.

PS: I kinda understand why T10i are priced at their current levels if you consider the build quality and the filters. While these are better than the MA750i, MA750i represent the better value for your money IMO. Simple case of Law of Diminishing Returns here. 

Dec 13, 2014 at 4:22 PM Post #478 of 613
I just got these in the mail as part of SGS's tour. Few initial thoughts before I really put them through their paces and do a complete write-up.

First thing before I even put them in my ears is the build quality. I've never actually owned anything RHA, but have heard much about their quality. I have to say, everything I've heard is true and then some if this is an example of their build quality. Now the cable isn't removable, but since getting the Rockets, I've learned that that isn't always a bad thing. However the shells are a work of art, if just a bit heavy from what I'm used to. I actually love the jack. The Rockets are by far one of the best built IEMs I've ever owned with a non-removable cable. But it's plug is too well built, it is actually almost a design flaw. The RHA T10i plug on the other hand is well designed, strong with a spring to prevent breaking. I would have liked to see a 90 degree for when I use my Clip Zip, but for when I use my Nexus 5 or my J3/Arrow 4G stack, it straight plug is fine, in fact it is almost desirable. 

The second thing is the overall sound signature seems to be a U-Shaped one. Big bass, almost linear (but recessed in reference to the rest of the spectrum) midrange, and some sparkle up top, but with some rolloff heading into the higher frequencies. Really the star of the show is the bass. I haven't put them through their paces but the bass is definitely the defining feature. That said, from my initial listen the rest of the signature doesn't seem to suffer. The midrange is clear if a bit back from the bass, and the lower to mid treble is very good. The clarity is there, but not as much as some of my other IEMs. 

Dec 15, 2014 at 10:48 AM Post #479 of 613
I just got these in the mail as part of SGS's tour. Few initial thoughts before I really put them through their paces and do a complete write-up.

First thing before I even put them in my ears is the build quality. I've never actually owned anything RHA, but have heard much about their quality. I have to say, everything I've heard is true and then some if this is an example of their build quality. Now the cable isn't removable, but since getting the Rockets, I've learned that that isn't always a bad thing. However the shells are a work of art, if just a bit heavy from what I'm used to. I actually love the jack. The Rockets are by far one of the best built IEMs I've ever owned with a non-removable cable. But it's plug is too well built, it is actually almost a design flaw. The RHA T10i plug on the other hand is well designed, strong with a spring to prevent breaking. I would have liked to see a 90 degree for when I use my Clip Zip, but for when I use my Nexus 5 or my J3/Arrow 4G stack, it straight plug is fine, in fact it is almost desirable. 

The second thing is the overall sound signature seems to be a U-Shaped one. Big bass, almost linear (but recessed in reference to the rest of the spectrum) midrange, and some sparkle up top, but with some rolloff heading into the higher frequencies. Really the star of the show is the bass. I haven't put them through their paces but the bass is definitely the defining feature. That said, from my initial listen the rest of the signature doesn't seem to suffer. The midrange is clear if a bit back from the bass, and the lower to mid treble is very good. The clarity is there, but not as much as some of my other IEMs. 
. Would you say these sound similar to the V Moda M100?

Dec 15, 2014 at 4:59 PM Post #480 of 613
. Would you say these sound similar to the V Moda M100?

I haven't used my M-100s in a bit, but from memory, I can tell you they definitely sound different. Exactly how different I wouldn't be able to tell you right now, but I will be comparing them to any headphone that I can to draw on comparisons and make my review better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back