Introducing the all-new HiBy DRX10K
Jun 16, 2023 at 9:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 88

Joe Bloggs

Sponsor: HiBy
Member of the Trade: EFO Technologies Co, YanYin Technology
His Porta Corda walked the Green Mile
6 hours extended listening follow-up with Indigo + RS8's new Dynamic plugin in HiBy Pro Music app:

Dynamic plugin has brought out the best of Indigo's bass and BCD with unexpected fun dynamic bass tuning.

With the default settings, Indigo's mid-bass now has some thunderous punch and texture. I would have never associated PRaT with Indigo but Dynamics adds quite an addictive dose of it. Soundstage reduces slightly in width but still very holographic, layered and deep. I hear a slightly fuller lower mid. There's still good clarity in upper mid with smooth treble. If UM came out with a FiR XE6-like IEM, it could sound like this. Overall quite fun and addictive listening. Hopefully they'll bring this plugin to system-wide level.

Update: Did a comparative listening with Dynamics plugin and UM MEST Mk2. Was able to note the differences between the two MESTs – Indigo and Mk2 – where Indigo has more rumble and impact, more body to lower mids with warmer tonality.

Dynamics showcases Indigo's PRatT with Zero's 7 "400 Blows and "Crush Tape" opening bass – deep, fast, with textural reverb.

Thank you, like a new DAP!

The plugin is really cool, with Focal Stellia, Focal Clear, Zmf Verite Closed. I'll try it with something else, but it's a very useful plugin. Bravo Hiby.

It enhances dynamics (punch, snap, PRaT etc.)
it works perfectly :)

So now I can have [dynamic bass and treble] personally adjusted, without any of the bloat (in bass), or any agressiveness (posing as brightness) in trebles.
[...]
So now this is a game changer.
This is just an amazing feature!
the effect is just stunning.

Now available as systemwide audio plugin on most HiBy R Android players (audio settings->plugins->DRX10K)
For use with almost any music app, streaming or local.

Combining quality and innovation in audio processing rarely seen even in professional studio audio plugins and easy-as-pie intuitive operation HiBy devices and software are known for, the DRX10K is an all new dynamics adjustment plugin designed to give professional results in the hands of any consumer.

Screenshot_2023-06-16-20-27-21-019_com.hiby.music.jpg

Looking just like your average bass / mids / treble tone control, this is a wolf in sheep's clothing. Instead of adjusting bass, treble etc. in quantity, you will be adjusting their dynamic content, impact and punchiness directly.

PRaT (Pace, rhythm and Timing) is no longer something to hope for and chase after with shots in the dark of source / amp / headphone pairings, but something available at the flick of a slider (usually some boosts of bass and treble dynamics in combo. Mids should usually be adjusted only in moderation.)

Possible use cases:
  • Increase bass and treble dynamics (e.g. as per defaults) to increase punchiness of bass and overall impact without coloration of regular passages.
  • Decrease bass in EQ (or e.g. Note Thickness in MSEB) and increase bass dynamics in DRX10K to replace muddy bass with punchy bass of same quantity.
  • Increase treble in EQ (or e.g. sibilance / air in MSEB) and decrease treble dynamics (to slight negative values) in DRX10K to replace sibilant / spiky treble with similar amounts of sparkly treble with sharp sudden peaks (such as sibilance) decreased.
  • Actually your imagination's the limit! Try it and see!
Disappointed that this is not a new hardware announcement? Don't be. Judicious use of this on an existing HiBy DAP will probably yield more audible improvement on most music than most $xxx worth of DAP upgrades :D

This plugin plus PEQ could be a gamechanger. HiBy needs to pay you more @Joe Bloggs ! Now we wait until it's system wide and I'll be singing its praises from the rooftops.

@gLer now it is :)

Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 16, 2023 at 9:46 AM Post #2 of 88
This is an interesting implementation. A convinient way to add efffects on listening experience. Might test it out on Android Hiby app if ever it will be implemented.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2023 at 10:36 AM Post #3 of 88
Now available as systemwide audio plugin on most HiBy R Android players (audio settings->plugins->DRX10K)

Combining quality and innovation in audio processing rarely seen even in professional studio audio plugins and easy-as-pie intuitive operation HiBy devices and software are known for, the DRX10K is an all new dynamics adjustment plugin designed to give professional results in the hands of any consumer.

Looking just like your average bass / mids / treble tone control, this is a wolf in sheep's clothing. Instead of adjusting bass, treble etc. in quantity, you will be adjusting their dynamic content, impact and punchiness directly.

PRaT (Pace, rhythm and Timing) is no longer something to hope for and chase after with shots in the dark of source / amp / headphone pairings, but something available at the flick of a slider (usually some boosts of bass and treble dynamics in combo. Mids should usually be adjusted only in moderation.)

Possible use cases:
  • Increase bass and treble dynamics (e.g. as per defaults) to increase punchiness of bass and overall impact without coloration of regular passages.
  • Decrease bass in EQ (or e.g. Note Thickness in MSEB) and increase bass dynamics in DRX10K to replace muddy bass with punchy bass of same quantity.
  • Increase treble in EQ (or e.g. sibilance / air in MSEB) and decrease treble dynamics (to slight negative values) in DRX10K to replace sibilant / spiky treble with similar amounts of sparkly treble with sharp sudden peaks (such as sibilance) decreased.
Disappointed that this is not a new hardware announcement? Don't be. Judicious use of this on an existing HiBy DAP will probably yield more audible improvement on most music than most $xxx worth of DAP upgrades :D

Schweet!!! 🥳🥳🥳

@Joe Bloggs Thank you and the HiBy team for supporting and bringing new features to HiBy R DAPs not just in HiBy Pro music app but also to the system level.

Grabbing my RS8 and testing it out on various IEMs and recently arrived Meze 109 Pro and Elite.

Jun 16, 2023 at 10:54 AM Post #4 of 88

Possible use cases:

Thank you @Joe Bloggs, I knew you guys would do it. That's why HiBy is and remains #1 for DAP software. Much appreciated!

Jun 16, 2023 at 11:40 AM Post #5 of 88
A nice addition to the already great Software Hiby provides. Thank you. Will try it out this evening on the R6ProII !

Looking at the title, I was expecting a new portable DAC/AMP (without battery) with AK4499EXEQ. One can always wish 😜

Jun 16, 2023 at 6:49 PM Post #6 of 88
Ok, maybe I'm just dumb when it comes to Android, but how/where do I install this from? I'm looking at Audio Settings->Plugins on my RS6, but only seeing the previously available "Fixed SampleRate", "Convolution", "Sound field", and "Balance".

Jun 16, 2023 at 6:58 PM Post #7 of 88
Ok, maybe I'm just dumb when it comes to Android, but how/where do I install this from? I'm looking at Audio Settings->Plugins on my RS6, but only seeing the previously available "Fixed SampleRate", "Convolution", "Sound field", and "Balance".

It might take a minute for the plug in to pop-up since it's OTA.

Jun 16, 2023 at 7:27 PM Post #8 of 88
It might take a minute for the plug in to pop-up since it's OTA.
So do I just leave the RS6 on until it shows up? Can't find any menu to force an update like this. "System Update" tells me that 'Current version is the latest version', 1.70_20230309-1911 is what I have...

Jun 16, 2023 at 9:42 PM Post #9 of 88
You're looking at the right place. The update may not have propagated proper on the servers before. Try looking again now: close the settings app (restart player or just flick the settings app away in the apps list), then look again.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Jun 17, 2023 at 3:19 AM Post #10 of 88
You're looking at the right place. The update may not have propagated proper on the servers before. Try looking again now: close the settings app (restart player or just flick the settings app away in the apps list), then look again.
I've tried this a couple more times today, but nothing.

Oh well, I guess one day it might show up maybe? Otherwise I'll just go on listening to RS6 without it, which is totally fine.

Reminds me why I ran away screaming from this kind of Janky Android Weirdness all those years ago and never looked back. The RS6 is a Toy after all, so it can be forgiven. But if I had to deal with this on my actual Phone, I'd wind up locked away in a rubber room pretty quickly. :scream:

Jun 17, 2023 at 5:53 AM Post #11 of 88
So do I just leave the RS6 on until it shows up? Can't find any menu to force an update like this. "System Update" tells me that 'Current version is the latest version', 1.70_20230309-1911 is what I have...
I had to go back and forth in the plugins window a few times and then it appeared in the plugins list. Try enabling/disabling a few plugins while you're in there. It'll eventually show.

Jun 17, 2023 at 7:23 AM Post #12 of 88
I've tried this a couple more times today, but nothing.

Oh well, I guess one day it might show up maybe? Otherwise I'll just go on listening to RS6 without it, which is totally fine.

Reminds me why I ran away screaming from this kind of Janky Android Weirdness all those years ago and never looked back. The RS6 is a Toy after all, so it can be forgiven. But if I had to deal with this on my actual Phone, I'd wind up locked away in a rubber room pretty quickly. :scream:
😅I'll ask the techs to take another look at the upload for the RS6.

Jun 20, 2023 at 12:45 AM Post #15 of 88

Users who are viewing this thread

Back