Intona High Speed USB Isolator
Sep 18, 2020 at 7:02 AM Post #316 of 323
greetings can i ask if my intel nuc only has usb 3, can i use the intona usb 2.0 the one on the link below, as a friend of mine is selling one

https://intona.eu/en/products/7054

Sep 19, 2020 at 8:48 AM Post #317 of 323
greetings can i ask if my intel nuc only has usb 3, can i use the intona usb 2.0 the one on the link below, as a friend of mine is selling one

https://intona.eu/en/products/7054

I am using an external 4TB HDD in USB 3.0 case, to an original Intona Industrial, into a Matrix USB3.0 pcie card [on PC motherboard]. Works perfectly with no connection problems. This is not your typical usage, but this setup easily beats an internal SSD using similar power sources [LT3045 regulated LPS's]. You would need check that you have the correct connectors on the cables though.

Sep 19, 2020 at 10:15 AM Post #318 of 323
another thing i noticed when i use upsampling in roon with intona it does not work and big static noise comes our from speakers

does intona not support upsamiling in roon, or is it cause i am using intona usb 2 while my intel nuc has only usb 3, once i remove intona upsampling in roon works perfectly

Jan 21, 2021 at 4:56 PM Post #319 of 323
Hi,

someone using the industrial version with a Squeezebox Touch?

I am having trouble to get it work with my RME ADI 2 DAC.
It only works if I first do a connection between Squeezebox and DAC without the isolator and then unplug the cable and put the isolator in the chain.
I bought the Isolator used and the owner told me he bought it last year.
Could it be that i need the firmware update

Dec 27, 2021 at 4:04 PM Post #320 of 323
another thing i noticed when i use upsampling in roon with intona it does not work and big static noise comes our from speakers

does intona not support upsamiling in roon, or is it cause i am using intona usb 2 while my intel nuc has only usb 3, once i remove intona upsampling in roon works perfectly

Sorry for such a resurrecting this post. But I have been told before that simple adding a cheap USB hub between the intona-&-pc will fix this issue. The usb hub can do the handshaking for roon. While the Intona can do its passive thing.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2022 at 12:09 PM Post #321 of 323
Do I understand correctly that it is more important to inject "clean" 5V power into the USB VBUS after an Intona, rather than before it?

The new Intona models have an AUX power supply input. Would feeding this AUX input with clean 5V power serve this purpose?

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2024 at 8:52 PM Post #322 of 323
Anyone know why my Intona 7055c would cause a faint static pop once in a while? Im using a TT2 with a SRC DX. The issue goes away completely if I swap the intona out with an iPurifier3

Mar 18, 2024 at 7:37 PM Post #323 of 323
So I might have had some luck fixing the issue. Only posting this in case someone else runs into a similar situation. I still don't know if theres a specific issue with my 7055c or not.

The isolator was causing a popping noise going from USB3 or 3.1 port ->intona->srcdx->tt2. Tried multiple cables. 2.0 and 3.0

The chain would not work at all if I tried to use one of the PCs USB2.0 ports. Windows would just say it doesn't recognize it or malfunctioned.

As mentioned before, the popping noise would go away if I just took the intona out of the chain or replace it with the iPurifier. Chain then works out of usb 2 or 3.0 ports. All cables were fine.

Alternatively, I also tried taking the src-dx out of the chain and go usb3.0 and 2.0 ->intona->tt2 usb input. Could not hear any of the popping. This puzzled the hell out of me.

I decided to try using the one usb-c port I had in the back of the pc. Went usb-c ->intona->srcdx->tt2. So far no popping. So hurray? Now I don't know if there's an issue with my PCs USB 3 ports, or if something is pissing off the intona when it's plugged into those ports. As far as I know usb-c is supposed to be 3.0+. For what it's worth its an AMD based system running a 5950x.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back