Intime SORA: Giant killer IEMs from Japan?
Nov 27, 2023 at 4:50 AM Post #991 of 1,037
Hi all,

Putting up my OG Miyabi for sale. While they sound great and are a definite upgrade over the Sora, I made the mistake of trying out the Miyabi MK2s when I was in Tokyo, and I was even more blown away by the MK2's sound than I did the original. If anyone is interested in the OGs for a good price, check out my listing here!

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2023 at 5:50 AM Post #992 of 1,037
Tried out a bunch of Intime IEMs at e-earphone in Tokyo, and the one impressed me the most was the Sho DD. Such a huge and bold sound, packing in so much musicality and emotion that I have not even heard in IEMs that cost well over $1000. I was so awestruck by the sound that I bought them on the spot.

Also another IEM that really surprised me was the Crazy Raccoon earphone, an IEM made by e-earphone themselves. It takes what I liked most about the Sora Light and cranks it up a notch. And it costs only 8500 yen. Highly recommended for Sora fans!

Nov 27, 2023 at 6:18 AM Post #993 of 1,037
Dec 23, 2023 at 4:23 PM Post #994 of 1,037
Hi everyone, first time poster. I've been incredibly tempted by all the Intime special editions from e-earphone, but a little bewildered by the range (particularly as little information is available about most of their characteristics, that's mostly in Japanese, and some even seem to have alternative names). Nevertheless I picked up a set of used Yo (which sound like they're neutral/bright,detailed,spatial) via Buyee. What I'm trying to do now is see if I can add any others to the same shipment. Is there a particular post or resource where I can learn about the characteristics of:

Kai (apparently very bright, although recommended for EDM)
Electro
Shachi
Nagi (would be perfect if they were available)
Todi
Shu-Mai
泡 (Cream Soda?)

My preference is something neutral/dry/detailed. Have a few weeks to see if anything else appears on e-earphone. I know some are more common than others. Cheers in advance for anything you can tell me.

Dec 23, 2023 at 8:02 PM Post #995 of 1,037
Hi everyone, first time poster. I've been incredibly tempted by all the Intime special editions from e-earphone, but a little bewildered by the range (particularly as little information is available about most of their characteristics, that's mostly in Japanese, and some even seem to have alternative names). Nevertheless I picked up a set of used Yo (which sound like they're neutral/bright,detailed,spatial) via Buyee. What I'm trying to do now is see if I can add any others to the same shipment. Is there a particular post or resource where I can learn about the characteristics of:

Electro
Shachi
Todi
Shu-Mai
泡 (Cream Soda?)

My preference is something neutral/dry/detailed. Have a few weeks to see if anything else appears on e-earphone. I know some are more common than others. Cheers in advance for anything you can tell me.
Welcome to head-fi! From my limited experience with Intime IEMs, they are not a neutral/dry sounding brand. But there are outliers.

To answer your question, there are generally two places I look at when looking for JDM IEMs. One is twitter, the other is 5ch.net. It goes without saying, but search in Japanese/kanji. Searching without the brand name can get you more but less relevant results. If a twitter post leads you to the blog of some independent reviewer, try to dig around there. This seems to be the main thread on 5ch.net about Intime; not sure if there is a new one.

https://kizuna.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/wm/1565965305/

Set up your google search to include search results in as many East Asian languages as possible. You can skip Southeast Asian languages here because Intime isn't very popular there and they probably don't talk about Intime models in kanji. Hong Kong and Taiwan forum / message boards also talk about intime, but usually there are more questions than answers (much like head-fi). For example, google search "intime" site:lihkg.com. Be prepared to find nothing. Some of these Intime ltd models are just not popular.

Dec 23, 2023 at 9:52 PM Post #996 of 1,037

Electro
Shachi
Todi
Shu-Mai
泡 (Cream Soda?)

Yo and Kyo are the two of my intime collection that I can associate with neutral & dry.

Generally for Yo, it fits your description above though it's less bright compared to most intime series (eg: Sora, Nagi, Kira)

Kyo is a limited edition released alongside Nagi. It is less detailed, flat and less colored compared to Yo. It's not bright and the bass is not emphasize at all. I believe it will truly reflect the sound of your source though being flat, it's easy to get your desired sound through EQ.

Dec 24, 2023 at 8:07 AM Post #997 of 1,037
Yo and Kyo are the two of my intime collection that I can associate with neutral & dry.

Generally for Yo, it fits your description above though it's less bright compared to most intime series (eg: Sora, Nagi, Kira)

Kyo is a limited edition released alongside Nagi. It is less detailed, flat and less colored compared to Yo. It's not bright and the bass is not emphasize at all. I believe it will truly reflect the sound of your source though being flat, it's easy to get your desired sound through EQ.
Thanks, just the type of response I was looking for. I see you're the same person who posted some detailed first hand comparisons in this thread - I'll read through those.

I'd missed Kyo out from the list (Kottori also, in fact) - actually I'd conflated Kyo and Kai because of their similar appearance - got confused. Would be very interested in that model, although I'm limited by what's on the used market. Not that confident of finding Kyo or Nagi sadly, may look at the more expensive Miyabi ii because of their reputed great detail, may just wait a bit...

Looks like the Yo are the best match for me anyway, so will wait to hear those first. Ordered some other interesting used IEMs from other manufacturers inc. some JVC HA-FD02: should be fun. If I love the Yo, Miyabi II are always available.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2024 at 2:13 AM Post #999 of 1,037
I was thinking of getting a few more intime earphones. Have some queries:

The Sora Ti3 Edition 2 is more than 3 times costlier than the Sora 2. Is the sound so much better, worthy of around $150 (new)? Or is the Sora 2 at 1/3rd price a better deal?

Is the Sora Ti3 Edition 2 better than the Miyabi Mk 2?

How is the flagship Sho? On e-earphone the price is around 470 USD, which seems somewhat cheaper than the official price of around 545 USD on intime website. Is the sound worth the price? Do they perform in a higher price bracket?

Feb 8, 2024 at 3:03 AM Post #1,000 of 1,037
I was thinking of getting a few more intime earphones. Have some queries:

The Sora Ti3 Edition 2 is more than 3 times costlier than the Sora 2. Is the sound so much better, worthy of around $150 (new)? Or is the Sora 2 at 1/3rd price a better deal?

Is the Sora Ti3 Edition 2 better than the Miyabi Mk 2?

How is the flagship Sho? On e-earphone the price is around 470 USD, which seems somewhat cheaper than the official price of around 545 USD on intime website. Is the sound worth the price? Do they perform in a higher price bracket?

Not so sure I stop trying new Intime models since I feel they are downgrading about the sound tuning. The first original sora still have best tuning for me. The sora light is similar but more tamed 6khz area made it lack of bites. While the sora 2 have very thick mid and upper bass, bass bleed so much.

Feb 8, 2024 at 3:39 AM Post #1,001 of 1,037
Not so sure I stop trying new Intime models since I feel they are downgrading about the sound tuning. The first original sora still have best tuning for me. The sora light is similar but more tamed 6khz area made it lack of bites. While the sora 2 have very thick mid and upper bass, bass bleed so much.
Thanks for the caution. I found the Sho DD also similar - lacking bite. I hope the Sho and Sora Ti3 Edition 2 might be better.

Feb 8, 2024 at 7:12 AM Post #1,002 of 1,037
I've bought the original Sora based on your previous post and I find it very pleasing aside from 2 things;

1. Cable quality could be better. At least on par with Sora2.
2. Driver flex. I attribute it to its lack of any vent hole. I really like the sound but when I'm on the move, the sound will be affected with my head movement.

Since I frequently switch between Yo and Sora, I noticed that the bass is deeper and slightly faster with Yo but the treble is better with Sora. Yo is much colder as well. And now only I notice the muddy mids of Sora2.

I feel the original Sora has the mids & bass characteristics of Nagi and treble characteristics of Kira (not as sparkly though).

The driver flex is annoying, as it is with Nagi, albeit both being my favourite sounding intime for now.

Feb 8, 2024 at 8:29 AM Post #1,003 of 1,037
I've bought the original Sora based on your previous post and I find it very pleasing aside from 2 things;

1. Cable quality could be better. At least on par with Sora2.
2. Driver flex. I attribute it to its lack of any vent hole. I really like the sound but when I'm on the move, the sound will be affected with my head movement.

Since I frequently switch between Yo and Sora, I noticed that the bass is deeper and slightly faster with Yo but the treble is better with Sora. Yo is much colder as well. And now only I notice the muddy mids of Sora2.

I feel the original Sora has the mids & bass characteristics of Nagi and treble characteristics of Kira (not as sparkly though).

The driver flex is annoying, as it is with Nagi, albeit both being my favourite sounding intime for now.

You can try eartips with pressure release surface such as divinus velvet or tangzu sancai (or foam tips but I don't recommend since sora is already safe on trebles). My suggestion will be the divinus velvet.
Sticky surface eartips will make pressure because of the vacuum effect.

1707398886056.png

The divinus velvet works for something like this, and the good news is they aren't pricey, not cheap but everyone can afford that.

Feb 8, 2024 at 9:29 AM Post #1,004 of 1,037
You can try eartips with pressure release surface such as divinus velvet or tangzu sancai (or foam tips but I don't recommend since sora is already safe on trebles). My suggestion will be the divinus velvet.
Sticky surface eartips will make pressure because of the vacuum effect.

1707398886056.png

The divinus velvet works for something like this, and the good news is they aren't pricey, not cheap but everyone can afford that.

20240208_212044.jpg

Update, i just tried the divinus velvet again with sora light (which is also give me driver flex) and seems better than spiral dot or azlas (light, standard, crystal). Still have driver flex at the time I inserted them deep but only 1 time, and after that I tried to move my head, open my jaw like chewing and didn't get driver flex at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back