Intime SORA: Giant killer IEMs from Japan?
May 3, 2023 at 4:02 AM Post #946 of 1,055
Cocoro is landed, it's cute.
It is indeed. Any information on the internals? Is this going to be an "MMCX-MA910S", or something further else?

May 3, 2023 at 6:19 AM Post #947 of 1,055
@Hooga any update on the review of Miyabi Mk II? Would also love to know how it compares with the Yo that you have. I might go for one over the other based on your impression.

May 3, 2023 at 7:07 AM Post #948 of 1,055
It is indeed. Any information on the internals? Is this going to be an "MMCX-MA910S", or something further else?

Cocoro is crowdfunding project which limited 300 qty on last year. It’s including latest intime technology and know how, Although MA910s is using same shell and some drivers, but The cocoro have their best tweeter VST-K and price is higher than MA910s x3+ times

Cocoro have VST-K, RST, Graphene DD and utilize HDSS and pentaconn ear
Detail was public here.
https://www.makuake.com/project/o2aid/

Currently there is second hand good only on yahoo/mercari, you can get via buyee.

May 3, 2023 at 11:23 PM Post #949 of 1,055
@Hooga any update on the review of Miyabi Mk II? Would also love to know how it compares with the Yo that you have. I might go for one over the other based on your impression.

Here's something for you

The Yo are out of production, you can only find 2nd hand ones.
I happen to have a reportedly quite rare violet-back version which was exclusively marketed and sold by E-earphone.
They feature a veeery nicely calibrated bright tuning.
On the technical levels they don't have much to envy to Miyabi, which are a bit more resolving, but that's pretty much it.
Treble comes across vivid and sparkly, not shouty nor splashy. Vst rocks.
The bass on Yo is flatter than on Miyabi but still present and most of all quite expressive, still offering some texture in spite of its demotion, which is what too often totally lacks on other bright-focused IEMs.
Rumble seems just hinted however.

Loved the calibration on their tuning. Bright but not too much. So much so that I ordered the KIRA-II. On travel to me now.

Miyabi-II are quite similar to Miyabi as expected, but differences do apply.
Mk-II have somewhat faster bass.
Mids also have slightly faster transients and are less upfront (although not recessed).
The timbre is dryer and cleaner, and perceivably less warm. That's the very first impact you have when you hear them, after being accustomed to original Miyabi.
Treble note weight is not thinner on Mk-II, so highmids and trebles are still beautifully pleasant, perfectly compromised between detail and body and, due the lesser warmth from the mids going down, they come out even more vivid than on original Miyabi, while they still stay free from metallic sheen, sibilance or fatiguance.
Layering and separation are fundamentally on par between the two models.
Original Miyabi have a more "personal", "analogue" identity, probably due to the warmer timbre, and deliver better microdynamics. MK-II sound more neutral, uncolored, cleaner/clearer and due to that they deliver (even better) imaging/macrodynamics.

I don't see Mk-ii as an "absolute upgrade" to original Miyabi, rather two different variations of a same signature dish. Either one may be preferred depending on the music being played or the mood of the day.

Hope this helps... :)

May 4, 2023 at 12:00 AM Post #950 of 1,055
Here's something for you

The Yo are out of production, you can only find 2nd hand ones.
I happen to have a reportedly quite rare violet-back version which was exclusively marketed and sold by E-earphone.
They feature a veeery nicely calibrated bright tuning.
On the technical levels they don't have much to envy to Miyabi, which are a bit more resolving, but that's pretty much it.
Treble comes across vivid and sparkly, not shouty nor splashy. Vst rocks.
The bass on Yo is flatter than on Miyabi but still present and most of all quite expressive, still offering some texture in spite of its demotion, which is what too often totally lacks on other bright-focused IEMs.
Rumble seems just hinted however.

Loved the calibration on their tuning. Bright but not too much. So much so that I ordered the KIRA-II. On travel to me now.

Miyabi-II are quite similar to Miyabi as expected, but differences do apply.
Mk-II have somewhat faster bass.
Mids also have slightly faster transients and are less upfront (although not recessed).
The timbre is dryer and cleaner, and perceivably less warm. That's the very first impact you have when you hear them, after being accustomed to original Miyabi.
Treble note weight is not thinner on Mk-II, so highmids and trebles are still beautifully pleasant, perfectly compromised between detail and body and, due the lesser warmth from the mids going down, they come out even more vivid than on original Miyabi, while they still stay free from metallic sheen, sibilance or fatiguance.
Layering and separation are fundamentally on par between the two models.
Original Miyabi have a more "personal", "analogue" identity, probably due to the warmer timbre, and deliver better microdynamics. MK-II sound more neutral, uncolored, cleaner/clearer and due to that they deliver (even better) imaging/macrodynamics.

I don't see Mk-ii as an "absolute upgrade" to original Miyabi, rather two different variations of a same signature dish. Either one may be preferred depending on the music being played or the mood of the day.

Hope this helps... :)
So does that mean that Miyabi-II sounds a bit more warm and natural compared to Yo?

Which one has an overall larger soundfield?

May 4, 2023 at 1:02 PM Post #951 of 1,055
So does that mean that Miyabi-II sounds a bit more warm and natural compared to Yo?

Which one has an overall larger soundfield?
Yes Miyabi-II are a whiff warmer than Yo, I would say mainly due to a tad more solid timbre
Surely they cast a wider and deeper stage. Maybe 10-15% larger.

May 5, 2023 at 1:23 AM Post #953 of 1,055
Would you say Miyabi-MkII is closer to Yo or Miyabi-MkI?
Color-wise to Yo
Presentation, layering, stage and separation wise to Miyabi

May 5, 2023 at 11:58 PM Post #954 of 1,055
Loving it

Attachments

• 20230505_233341.JPG
    20230505_233341.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230505_233317.JPG
    20230505_233317.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230505_233401.JPG
    20230505_233401.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
May 6, 2023 at 2:28 AM Post #955 of 1,055
Loving it
Looking at them, it may seem that my Yo are actually an Electro version... (should be identical inside, sole difference should be the package - which I don't have - and the resin color)

20230506_082035.jpg

Oh and by the way, since short time ago I am adopting these earbud accessories which do fit on Intime's fat bullets, and they grant me much better stability. That's because I couldn't fit "full-blown" "earlock-style" thingies yet - but I'm still working on those.

20230506_082252.jpg

May 10, 2023 at 1:06 PM Post #957 of 1,055
Jun 1, 2023 at 6:22 AM Post #959 of 1,055
Intime Shu-Mai (烧卖) is a Miyabi special version exclusively developed for ECT in Hong Kong (https://ect.com.hk/)
  • Same VST2 and ESS3 as inside 雅 Miyabi, and same brass+resin housing (resin backend aesthetically different)
  • Titanium-coated instead of Graphene-coated DD
  • 1.5Khz-2.5Khz hump is tamed down compared to Miyabi. Guitars and vocals are less prominent.
  • Midbass gets a bit more "importance", and is slightly faster, yet equivalently textured.
  • Referring to the usual "presentation shape" jargon, Shu-Mai is less W-shaped, more like U-shaped.
  • Timbre is quite similar, just a bit less lushy on Shu-Mai. Note weight is more or less on par for the two models.
  • Shu-Mai stock cable (Nobunaga Ibuki tin-coated OFC) is better than Miyabi's first edition stock cable (Intime-M Sound OFC) but less good than current Miyabi's stock cable (Intime-M Kanade - Nobunaga mixed Silver Plated OFC + OFC). None of the three sadly holds a candle to a DUW-02S.

Sold by AccessoryJack, I think they ship worldwide (they surely ship to EU)

20230531_205146.jpg

Jun 24, 2023 at 4:27 AM Post #960 of 1,055

Users who are viewing this thread

Back