Instrumental Christmas Music
Nov 14, 2006 at 2:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

meat01

Headphoneus Supremus
No I didn't search first, but I was looking for recommendations for Christmas music without vocals. I have the Charlie Brown one already as well as George Winston's December.

Nov 15, 2006 at 1:24 AM Post #6 of 21
Nov 15, 2006 at 5:49 PM Post #7 of 21
3 Favorites:

Christmas Past - Early Light Consort Group - Beautifully done with recorders, acoustic guitars, cello etc.

Christmas Remembered - Classic Holiday Chamber Music featuring Judith Stillman and friends - Another one, this one with a chamber music feeling, very classical-sounding but with an appealing lightness of touch.

Kihoalu Christmas - Hawaiian Slack Guitar - A very unusual record, but one you'll probably find great pleasure listening to. Produced by George Winston.

Enjoy.

Nov 18, 2006 at 4:27 AM Post #9 of 21
Nov 18, 2006 at 4:31 AM Post #10 of 21
The "A Winter's Solstice" series from Windam Hill is pretty good, if a little "New Age-y".

Nov 18, 2006 at 4:34 AM Post #11 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by asmox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Trans-Siberian Orchestra

x2

Nov 19, 2006 at 8:38 PM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by meat01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No I didn't search first, but I was looking for recommendations for Christmas music without vocals. I have the Charlie Brown one already as well as George Winston's December.

If you like George Winston, check out Kenneth Coy's Seasonal Improvisations. He does subtle and radical improvisations of traditional instrumental (piano) Christmas songs, and he's good. The guy isn't well known at all, but he should be. I think I bought the CD on a website with a cheaper price, but this one has more information on him.

http://www.fountainpublishing.com/de...p?catalogID=23

Nov 20, 2006 at 10:35 PM Post #14 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by asmox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Trans-Siberian Orchestra

the TSO is the most amazing christmas band I have ever listened to. Great vocals, and tons of excellent instrumentals.

Nov 21, 2006 at 9:10 AM Post #15 of 21
kevinsinnott says:
Quote:

Kihoalu Christmas - Hawaiian Slack Guitar - A very unusual record, but one you'll probably find great pleasure listening to. Produced by George Winston.

In a similar vein, Hawaiian Slack Key Christmas. Good for the season and warms you up a bit.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back