Insane Stop-Motion Animation
Jun 17, 2009 at 11:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

DrBenway

Headphoneus Supremus
I've seen some pretty cool stop-motion animation, including at least one example posted here at Head-Fi. This one, though, absolutely takes the cake. It was done as a senior project by an art school student using, wait for it...Post-it notes!! The interaction between the guy in the vid (the artist, I assume) and the Post-its is mind-boggling. The "rain" sequence with the umbrella is particularly sick.

ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Jun 18, 2009 at 4:09 AM Post #2 of 32
Dude that's sick! Imagine the amount of post-it notes they used, and the amount of time it took to do all that!

Nice find
biggrin.gif

Jun 18, 2009 at 4:59 AM Post #4 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by chews89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dude that's sick! Imagine the amount of post-it notes they used, and the amount of time it took to do all that!

Nice find
biggrin.gif

I was trying to imagine a) how many exposures were necessary, and b) how he planned it. There's no way he could have made that up as he went along; it had to be storyboarded or diagrammed in some way.

Thinking about it made my head hurt. I only hope he got an A for his work.

Jun 18, 2009 at 6:34 AM Post #8 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by mattcalf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This one is really neat too.
smily_headphones1.gif

Not to mention conceptually twisted, in a good way. My favorite part was the leap over the parked car. I used to think I was pretty creative, but I couldn't come up with stuff like this to save my life.

Jun 18, 2009 at 7:17 AM Post #9 of 32
Awesome!
biggrin.gif

Can not even imagine the work needed to create this movie.

Jun 18, 2009 at 3:07 PM Post #12 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrBenway /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...It was done as a senior project by an art school student using, wait for it...Post-it notes!! The interaction between the guy in the vid (the artist, I assume) and the Post-its is mind-boggling. The "rain" sequence with the umbrella is particularly sick.

Wow, absolutely incredible, especially the rain effect! I've done some stop motion in the past, it requires a huge time commitment. I'm sure this project took forever to finish.

Jun 18, 2009 at 3:12 PM Post #13 of 32
Very good! I love old school non high tech creativity the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back