IMR - R1 Thread
Oct 29, 2021 at 4:35 PM Post #3,166 of 3,190
Nice looking iems i can't say I know what the latter ones are, they look dope though. I agree though, it is all personal! So much variety in how we hear and iems, so until you try you never know. Maybe I should try some of IMR's higher end offerings too.
You I'm sure know the Zenith's, the second pair are the IMR R2 Aten and the third pair are the Opus Mia's. For such a reduction in shell size I've been very impressed with the Knight's :wink:

Good Knight I-M-R-ene.jpg

Which are clearly the baby siblings to the BC's (Bass Cannons), which do have enhanced bass output :grin:

BC Love.jpg

Oct 29, 2021 at 5:43 PM Post #3,167 of 3,190
Man, I wish I'd snagged a pair of the BC. Missed the boat on those. How do they sound, @Podster ?

Oct 29, 2021 at 10:01 PM Post #3,168 of 3,190
Man, I wish I'd snagged a pair of the BC. Missed the boat on those. How do they sound, @Podster ?
For me they sound really good with good bass recordings but if the engineer tries to drive up bass in the recording they actually get congested (something some engineers did for auto use comes to mind) and that causes sub bass notes to sound hollow and exaggerated. But for recordings done with solid/realtime bass they are spot on, least to my old ears:rolling_eyes: Stand up bass on some jazz songs sound deep and right like they are plucking those strings right next to you.

Nov 27, 2021 at 7:37 PM Post #3,169 of 3,190
Is there any IMR R1 Zenith owner still around with stock cable?

I was going through my drawer and found one of the IEM I had long forgotten, IMR R1 Zenith, but more than the IEM itself I was curious on the cable because I wanted some light weight cable for outdoor.

The moment I tried the cable on my Monarch Mk2, more rumble kicked in.
This same applies to using stock cable vs after market cable on R1 Zenith as well, either R1 Zenith is bass canon with stock cable or neutered bass head iem with after market cable.

Was wondering if this was a case for other R1 Zenith owners.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2021 at 9:25 PM Post #3,170 of 3,190
Is there any IMR R1 Zenith owner still around with stock cable?

I was going through my drawer and found one of the IEM I had long forgotten, IMR R1 Zenith, but more than the IEM itself I was curious on the cable because I wanted some light weight cable for outdoor.

The moment I tried the cable on my Monarch Mk2, more rumble kicked in.
This same applies to using stock cable vs after market cable on R1 Zenith as well, either R1 Zenith is bass canon with stock cable or neutered bass head iem with after market cable.

Was wondering if this was a case for other R1 Zenith owners.
In my case it became a monster bass canon with amazing mid bass and monstrous sub bass rumble. The stock cable really sucks

Mar 12, 2022 at 3:08 PM Post #3,171 of 3,190
You I'm sure know the Zenith's, the second pair are the IMR R2 Aten and the third pair are the Opus Mia's. For such a reduction in shell size I've been very impressed with the Knight's :wink:

Good Knight I-M-R-ene.jpg

Which are clearly the baby siblings to the BC's (Bass Cannons), which do have enhanced bass output :grin:

BC Love.jpg

why is this copper cable so thick? it looks different and less supple than other cables. Is it better?

Mar 14, 2022 at 11:34 AM Post #3,172 of 3,190
why is this copper cable so thick? it looks different and less supple than other cables. Is it better?

This is the current (at least I think it is which could be very dangerous) cable being issued by IMR, seems to be a heavier wire as well as thicker opaque sheath. Seems very pliable as well for being this fat! Seems to be coming with all models but I've not gotten anything released beyond these two :thinking:

IMR Semper.JPG

Mar 15, 2022 at 5:38 PM Post #3,173 of 3,190
This is the current (at least I think it is which could be very dangerous) cable being issued by IMR, seems to be a heavier wire as well as thicker opaque sheath. Seems very pliable as well for being this fat! Seems to be coming with all models but I've not gotten anything released beyond these two :thinking:

IMR Semper.JPG

thank for the information, the cable looks superb. But why dangerous?

Mar 16, 2022 at 9:51 AM Post #3,174 of 3,190
thank for the information, the cable looks superb. But why dangerous?
The danger I reference is the thought of IMR having released a new standard issue cable and I'll have to take yet another hit to the wallet :rolling_eyes: LOL

I may have to take Bob up on one of those Knights he has left as SWMBO absconded with mine and she said these have moved to the other side of the abacus now :scream: I'm guessing this is sorta like the "Dark Side" :thinking: I mean I just had those babies dialed in and woosh, gone in an instant! I'll miss you little Knights :cry:

Knight Life.jpg

Mar 16, 2022 at 11:56 AM Post #3,175 of 3,190
The danger I reference is the thought of IMR having released a new standard issue cable and I'll have to take yet another hit to the wallet :rolling_eyes: LOL

I may have to take Bob up on one of those Knights he has left as SWMBO absconded with mine and she said these have moved to the other side of the abacus now :scream: I'm guessing this is sorta like the "Dark Side" :thinking: I mean I just had those babies dialed in and woosh, gone in an instant! I'll miss you little Knights :cry:

Knight Life.jpg
All my 2 pin cables work well with em, as long as it doesn't have a plastic guide it works. I'm using the ozar right now with a shozy cable

Mar 14, 2023 at 5:04 PM Post #3,177 of 3,190
Heck, I went right from his old brand into his new one :grin:

Nostalgia Day.JPG

Mar 14, 2023 at 6:16 PM Post #3,179 of 3,190
Ah yes, I have one of those triangle cases myself. So you are currently using these?
Along with about 3 dozen others, just grab something new most days. Currently my Aten 2’s and BC’s get the most play time of IMR’s.

Jun 23, 2023 at 10:09 AM Post #3,180 of 3,190
Along with about 3 dozen others, just grab something new most days. Currently my Aten 2’s and BC’s get the most play time of IMR’s.
Hi - sorry for bringing this thread back from the dead but you seem like a man who would know! I'm new to the world of IEMs and have a pair of R1 Zeniths - the stock rubber 2-pin cable just won't stay put behind my ear and drives me nuts! I'd like to buy a 3rd party flexible cable that will hang gracefully.

Can you recommend which cable/brands I should look at that will fit the R1 Zeniths properly? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back