IMR - R1 Thread
Nov 29, 2017 at 5:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3,190

AudioJunki3

100+ Head-Fier
Dedicated threat to the excellent IMR-R1!!

Cheers

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2017 at 3:04 PM Post #3 of 3,190
Since I got mine they have been getting a lot of head time. Very good earphones
Yeah they're really good! I'm hopefully getting a nice DAP soon to run them on, actually get the most out of them!

Nov 30, 2017 at 3:20 PM Post #4 of 3,190
Bob called me a basshead because I like the black filters they came with so it's time to try the others

Dec 3, 2017 at 3:16 PM Post #5 of 3,190
Haha, yeah I've been using the gold ones, still quite bassy but I find them quite engaging.

Dec 3, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #6 of 3,190
Interested in these, does anyone know how they compare to the PM4 or Master? I've had the PM4 for a while and love them but looking for a form of upgrade. I absolutely hated the cable design of the Master so I never had them for long. Was eyeing up the PM6 for a while but it doesn't seem to be available anymore. Would be interested to know if the bass can punch harder than the PM4.

Dec 3, 2017 at 4:35 PM Post #7 of 3,190
Interested in these, does anyone know how they compare to the PM4 or Master? I've had the PM4 for a while and love them but looking for a form of upgrade. I absolutely hated the cable design of the Master so I never had them for long. Was eyeing up the PM6 for a while but it doesn't seem to be available anymore. Would be interested to know if the bass can punch harder than the PM4.
The bass on these is quite impressive. It's extremely accurate. I know there aren't many reviews out currently so skepticism is expected. You've really gotta try them to understand, if you check out my review at the top of this thread it should tell you everything you need to know, I'm happy to answer any other questions.

Dec 3, 2017 at 4:53 PM Post #9 of 3,190
The bass on these is quite impressive. It's extremely accurate. I know there aren't many reviews out currently so skepticism is expected. You've really gotta try them to understand, if you check out my review at the top of this thread it should tell you everything you need to know, I'm happy to answer any other questions.
I'm somewhat a bit of a basshead but do prefer quality bass over exaggerated quantity.

Any ideas what each of the filters do? The PDF guide on the site doesn't mention them.

@Aevum just above reminded me of the PM4 cabling. Any ideas what the 2 pin input is? I believe the early TA models used 0.75mm 2-pins, curious to know if it's still the same.

Dec 3, 2017 at 4:58 PM Post #10 of 3,190
I'm somewhat a bit of a basshead but do prefer quality bass over exaggerated quantity.

Any ideas what each of the filters do? The PDF guide on the site doesn't mention them.

@Aevum just above reminded me of the PM4 cabling. Any ideas what the 2 pin input is? I believe the early TA models used 0.75mm 2-pins, curious to know if it's still the same.
Yeah the gold and black filters will give you that vibe. Its a shock how much the filters actually change the earphones style. The cable on the IMR is very nice. wrap around ear style, the pins on this model seem to fit better to the actual earphone than the TA ones did.

Dec 4, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #13 of 3,190
Just sent an email to Bob about the pin type and besides getting back incredibly fast he's mentioned it's a 0.78 mm 2 pin connection and any aftermarket 0.78 mm 2 pin cables should work with them. Going to go ahead and grab a pair, thanks guys.
That's awesome, you'll love them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back