Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 9, 2024 at 7:11 AM Post #17,551 of 18,128
I've had the 2nd hand Ozars I bought from ebay for a few days now and am very impressed with the set. I love the warm sound signature and bass that these put out. I've only been using the black lower and upper filters, so haven't tried any of the other filter combos yet as I'm just enjoying the set at the moment before tweeking. I don't want to change the lower end and may just look at changing the top end to smooth out the treble, but I don't know how much burn in they have had, so I think I'll burn them in as if new before filter rolling.

Think I'm going to have to keep extending my IMR collection!!

Mar 9, 2024 at 8:06 AM Post #17,552 of 18,128
Given them both same hours of burn in now. . .
Hard to say subjectively but if you put all IMR's into tiers...with Enigma+ being 'S' tier for example i think the Dawn and NaLe would be in the same tier - something like C+ ?
The Dawn is warmer and a more balanced iem that the NaLe but they are quite different. In one way I would be happy with either but from another POV they do offer quite different characteristics so yes they of a similar level in in general

Dawn is a sit down by the fire and enjoy rich luxurious relaxing Audiophile sound where as the NaLe is a more spacious, out in the cold winter sky marveling at and enjoying the stars of the night sky
One weird thing about the NaLe is how completely different it sounds with my Hiby and my Sony Wm1A.
With the Hiby the NaLe sounds good, similar to Dawn's soundstage, imaging just being a bit cleaner & detail orientated however playing the NaLe through the Sony Wm1A it sounds very different. The separation, holographic imaging, details just explode, like going from 2D to 5.1 surround. Swopping out just now during a song it was like a couple more layers of instruments suddenly sprang up to the fore and the sides of L & R where as before they were hidden in the music o_0
Never experienced such a radical change just switching between DAPs although you would somewhat hope so given the Sony is x5 times the price!
The NaLe has a very clean, analytical detail oriented sound throughout the mids and highs with warmth in the low-mid bass supporting it
The separation and holographic spacing out of instruments makes them an absolute treat with quality recordings such as Pink Floyd for example. They also sound spectacular with Ambient, Modern Classical kind off music. Some rock doesn't seem to suit it
The only negative is that a trade off to the exceptional detail retrieval is some 'coldness' over all but in that the NaLe (in my own set up) has managed to achieve another unique sounding IMR I'm pretty impressed with them. Maybe IMR's premiere 'Treble-Head' iem.?
They remind me a bit of the Astra Ultrique although i havent it for a long time
Listening to the new 'Dark side of the moon' 1974 live recording is mind blowing in terms of sheer SPACE and the way sounds transition across and around the soundstage is i would say the most 3D ive heard from any IMR.
Having said that, to the hardened Audiophile ear i think they are priced right or its just that the CNT driver lacks a little warmth compared the the ADLC driver. It excels in details but looses some warmth in the process. :)
Do you have the Enigma+ by the way ?
I would love to hear your thoughts on the Enigma.
I mean your reviews are amaaaazzzing !

Mar 9, 2024 at 8:07 AM Post #17,553 of 18,128
Credit where it's due. The enigmas sound astounding with classical this evening. Stravinsky's Firebird suite- infernal dance of king kaschei performed by London symphony orchestra has got me a bit stunned. Running on grey tubes, black filters with divinus tips.

If you've got a set, try it...even if you can't be bothered with classical.
I've heard czardas on the enigma+.
The tone of the violin was amazing .
I will give stravinsky a try.

Mar 9, 2024 at 10:04 AM Post #17,555 of 18,128
Does Bob / Whoever else actually respond to any of you? Literally not a response to anything I've said since October, and Im wondering if there are legal options since they've walked away with over $900 from me at this point. Probably not much I can do other than relying on Bob to do the right thing....lol

Mar 9, 2024 at 10:15 AM Post #17,556 of 18,128
Does Bob / Whoever else actually respond to any of you? Literally not a response to anything I've said since October, and Im wondering if there are legal options since they've walked away with over $900 from me at this point. Probably not much I can do other than relying on Bob to do the right thing....lol
A few friends of mine from Russia because of the global situation also we're in credit with Bob, somebody 1k$, somebody more. Recently they received the stuff from him so he has estinguished his debits. Last week he also answered to another guy who was waiting for Zions, telling that this week he's going to finish sending Nale, after he will start with Zions...

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2024 at 10:21 AM Post #17,557 of 18,128
A few friends of mine from Russia because of the global situation also we're in credit with Bob, somebody 1k$, somebody more. Recently they received the stuff from him so he has estinguished his debits. Last week he also answered to another guy who was waiting for Zions, telling that this week's he's going to finish sending Nale, after he will start with Zions...

But the website says all of our Zions were fulfilled! Ugh, I guess I just keep waiting, since the Zion is definitely not worth 900 but it's better than nothing.

Mar 9, 2024 at 12:28 PM Post #17,558 of 18,128
I finally found a cable that goes very well with IMR IEMs better than stock cable: Penon Asos. I tried so many entry level cables in the past but none of them were a good match with my IEMs from IMR. I took the plunge and purchased Penon Asos after reading good reviews of it. The hype is real: this is an excellent built cable that increased the soundstage, details and instruments separation compared to stock cable. Vocals are also very clear and bass very clean. Of course it is not night and day. No cable can make a night and day difference, but the difference is very noticeable. I can highly recommend this cable to IMR iem owners

Mar 9, 2024 at 10:09 PM Post #17,560 of 18,128
Black/Blue lately
This is the same combo I'm using for Avalon.
Unlike the Enigma this suits the Avalon. I tried gold and blue but it made the bass very bloaty.
I used the code 23 cable to boost the bass even further.

Seraph also sounded fantastic with softears tips and lavri silver cable.

Yesterday was a non enigma day and both the Avalon and the Seraph sounded fantastic.

Mar 10, 2024 at 3:44 AM Post #17,561 of 18,128
I gave for a few days my Avalon to a friend who is a loudspeaker and over ear headphone guy.
It blew him away. He is telling me that Avalon is much better than his Focal over ears.
I don't think he has Utopias though, but it gives you an idea how underappreciated quality IEMs are to other audiophiles.

Mar 10, 2024 at 11:01 AM Post #17,563 of 18,128
But the website says all of our Zions were fulfilled! Ugh, I guess I just keep waiting, since the Zion is definitely not worth 900 but it's better than nothing.
Zion is 900 USD ?
Thats fairly expensive, considering that Titans are available on Head Fi for 1400USd and Enigma+ for 1450 Euro.

I would suggest if possible try and see if you can trade up, your zion deposit + extra for a Titan or Enigma.

Mar 10, 2024 at 2:56 PM Post #17,564 of 18,128
I gave for a few days my Avalon to a friend who is a loudspeaker and over ear headphone guy.
It blew him away. He is telling me that Avalon is much better than his Focal over ears.
I don't think he has Utopias though, but it gives you an idea how underappreciated quality IEMs are to other audiophiles.
I have a HiFiMAN HE1000se and I will say that ENIGMA + EST sounds at the level of these HE1000se and sometimes even better on some tracks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back