Future of IMR threads

• Single thread for all models.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Multiple threads for each model.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apr 5, 2024 at 9:48 PM Post #17,791 of 18,331
As I said once a friend of mine, who owns Enigma+, that has listened the most part of top tier iems like fir's, fatfreq's, canopur's, Empire Audio's, Noble Audio's and other, underlined that Enigma has a really unique mids thanks for the AMT driver. There is something more in treble in some of the competitors, but you have to spend more than twice of the price to listen to some difference.
100% definitely unique. Supreme clarity. I'm listening to Enigma+ right now and it most definitely has a mid-clarity that exceeds any other IEM I've heard. I think I said before that the Enigma+ has the best vocals I've ever heard, and I stand by that statement. Somehow, the Enigma AMT driver seems to be able to separate the surrounding frequencies and allow the listener to hear the meat of the vocals without really emphasizing them, while maintaining a hefty bass/sub-bass foundation. Very unique presentation.

I can listen to my "audiophile-tuned" IEMs all day and be very satisfied. But once I switch to Enigma/Titan, I realize the emotion and impact that I've been missing. As I said before, so-called "audiophiles" are really missing the boat when it comes to musical enjoyment and impact. Hopefully the masses will recognize this difference and shift over to the dark side.

Apr 5, 2024 at 9:53 PM Post #17,792 of 18,331
As I said once a friend of mine, who owns Enigma+, that has listened the most part of top tier iems like fir's, fatfreq's, canopur's, Empire Audio's, Noble Audio's and other, underlined that Enigma has a really unique mids thanks for the AMT driver. There is something more in treble in some of the competitors, but you have to spend more than twice of the price to listen to some difference.
I agree with you. I have always been told that if you want good mids you need to sacrifice the rest of the frequencies, but Enigma does not sacrifice anything. You have the best bass I have never heard in an IEM and very nice and sweet treble. Bob did an amazing job

Apr 5, 2024 at 9:55 PM Post #17,793 of 18,331
100% definitely unique. Supreme clarity. I'm listening to Enigma+ right now and it most definitely has a mid-clarity that exceeds any other IEM I've heard. I think I said before that the Enigma+ has the best vocals I've ever heard, and I stand by that statement. Somehow, the Enigma AMT driver seems to be able to separate the surrounding frequencies and allow the listener to hear the meat of the vocals without really emphasizing them, while maintaining a hefty bass/sub-bass foundation. Very unique presentation.

I can listen to my "audiophile-tuned" IEMs all day and be very satisfied. But once I switch to Enigma/Titan, I realize the emotion and impact that I've been missing. As I said before, so-called "audiophiles" are really missing the boat when it comes to musical enjoyment and impact. Hopefully the masses will recognize this difference and shift over to the dark side.
Stop it I can't afford the Enigma... laying in Bed enjoying the Titans with the Sony NW-M1A and a long playlist

Apr 6, 2024 at 12:34 PM Post #17,797 of 18,331
You guys should try the following cable with IMR IEMS... Transparency & Soundstage on steroids.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_EQMRIOl
Screenshot_20240406_183104_AliExpress.jpg

ROSEFINCH CEMA CABLE

Apr 7, 2024 at 5:19 PM Post #17,800 of 18,331
Now a few months into my Enigma+ (and honeymoon phase left behind), I agree with the sentiments of those praising this IEM.

No, as mentioned before, the Enigma is not the 'best IEM' in all departments. There might be some with even more details and sparkle in the highs, larger and especially deeper soundstages, more holographic imaging or whatsoever. But the Enigma offers not only the best bass and mids in my gear park. It is so damned tempting timbre- and tuningwise at a whole, so naturally sounding right and satisfying. Since I received them it is really hard for me to pick another IEM instead. Whenever I change to one of my other favourites it does not take long and I miss that particular relaxed (and slightly darker, the Enigma is no IEM for treble heads, I guess) offering of the Enigma. Smells like endgame for me and may make me sell a few items...

I have recently bought this cable during the latest AE sale (with recessed 2-pins as a customisation) and imo it is the best match to date. Adds a bit of detail and sparkle in the highs while keeping the balance right and the bass tight...

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2024 at 5:25 PM Post #17,801 of 18,331
Now a few months into my Enigma+ (and honeymoon phase left behind), I agree with the sentiments of those praising this IEM.

No, as mentioned before, the Enigma is not the 'best IEM' in all departments. There might be some with even more details and sparkle in the highs, larger and especially deeper soumdstages, more holographic imaging or whatsoever. But the Enigma offers not only the best bass and mids in my gear park. It is so damned tempting timbre- and tuningwise at a whole, so naturally sounding right and satisfying. Since I received them it is really hard for me to pick another IEM instead. Whenever I change to one of my other favourites it does not take long and I miss that particular relaxed offering of the Enigma. Smells like endgame for me.

I have recently bought this cable during the latest AE sale and imo it is the best match to date. Adds a bit of detail and sparkle in the highs while keeping the balance right and the bass tight...
Enigma+ is endgame IEM for me too. I share with you everything in your feedback. I hope more IMR fans will have the opportunity to try Enigma. I am still selling my Enigma at a very good price

Apr 7, 2024 at 5:53 PM Post #17,802 of 18,331
Joining the Enigma+ party - picked up a second hand pair from Ebay, which hopefully arrive on Tuesday. Looking guard to hearing how they compare to the Seraph (which might be going on sale shortly if there is a huge difference).

Apr 8, 2024 at 9:39 AM Post #17,803 of 18,331
Though I don't really believe in burning time or cables impacts matters, I accepted to burn my Enigma AMT+ for 600 to 700 hours till now.
For a few days now, I also use them every night for sleeping (with Soundcore Liberty 4 ear tips as they seal very well with my ears and are "ultra" soft so not irritating my ears canal at all).

Probably, after so many hours using them, I find the sound quality much better than the first weeks, with, after all, convincing deep enough low frequencies and more than acceptable high frequencies.. But they are still far behind my IER-Z1R concerning the sound stage width (probably due to the fact that the Enigma has a far more mid frequencies present then Z1R which is definitely lacking some for many listeners).

So I won't try to rank my favourite IEMs (Sennheiser IE600/800s/900, Vision Ears EXT, Sony IER-Z1R, IMR Enigma+), but actually Enigma+ and Z1R offers both rather different results and both offer some convincing sound quality... so, these last weeks, I am bringing both with me all the time and the Enigma+ replaced my ultra tiny IE800s.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2024 at 10:41 AM Post #17,804 of 18,331
Though I don't really believe in burning time or cables impacts matters, I accepted to burn my Enigma AMT+ for 600 to 700 hours till now.
For a few days now, I also use them every night for sleeping (with Soundcore Liberty 4 ear tips as they seal very well with my ears and are "ultra" soft so not irritating my ears canal at all).

Probably, after so many hours using them, I find the sound quality much better than the first weeks, with, after all, convincing deep enough low frequencies and more than acceptable high frequencies.. But they are still far behind my IER-Z1R concerning the sound stage width (probably due to the fact that the Enigma has a far more mid frequencies present then Z1R which is definitely lacking some for many listeners).

So I won't try to rank my favourite IEMs (Sennheiser IE600/800s/900, Vision Ears EXT, Sony IER-Z1R, IMR Enigma+), but actually Enigma+ and Z1R offers both rather different results and both offer some convincing sound quality... so, these last weeks, I am bringing both with me all the time and the Enigma+ replaced my ultra tiny IE800s.
As far as I remember when I had Z1R, the mids were indeed recessed but it has very good bass and treble. I don't remember that it had a very wide soundstage (at least not more than Enigma but I might be mistaken). Anyway, I never liked Z1R because it is a heavy and big IEM. It was impossible for me to have a good fit but that's a different story
Enigma on the other hand reproduces marvellously well the mids. It is by far the best IEM I have used to listen to vocals. I'm listening to music with Enigma much more than before and rediscovering my playlist

Apr 8, 2024 at 12:59 PM Post #17,805 of 18,331

Some time earlier you had said the
Detail and treble on Enigma + was not at par with ier-z1r.
What do you think about that now ?
Apart from stage how do you see the Enigma performing vs the 1er ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back