IMR Acoustics EDP (Every Day Planar)
Apr 24, 2021 at 2:52 PM Post #646 of 698
I had a problem with the cable slipping on mine too. Pick Up a Grahene cable from XINHS on Ali - It's a magnificent pairing with the EDP and the cable is as tight as a nun's habit.
How many cores do u recomend?

Apr 24, 2021 at 5:12 PM Post #647 of 698
Apr 24, 2021 at 10:25 PM Post #648 of 698
You can check out my review of the TRI I3 and IMR EDP here: Post in thread 'IMR Acoustics EDP (Every Day Planar)' https://www.head-fi.org/threads/imr-acoustics-edp-every-day-planar.926404/post-15779129
Your write-up is really good, and I confess I'd forgotten all about it, so it was good to read again.
It sounds as though I might enjoy the I3 almost as much as the EDP, I do like my bass.
The new models on sale seem like they are quite groundbreaking (in terms of driver compliment) and potentially bass rich with that wide band dynamic driver?
Beyond the reach of my budget, but it's nice to have models like the Elan to aspire to.
I look forward to getting my EDP's back from repair as they are without doubt the best iem's I own.

May 17, 2021 at 10:28 AM Post #650 of 698
Just our monthly reminder that this pair is something else, changed filters to red/ pink and tips to jvc spirals ++
This things just keep getting better, only thing that gets me on my nerves is the fit, I don’t know why today I’m getting this uncomfortable vibe, I was using xelentos all week long and now any shell feels massive

May 27, 2021 at 7:50 AM Post #651 of 698
Well, first test with EDP (tested with btr5 and red filters)

- Impressive Imaging and soundstage
- Natural, airy, not congested.
- Timbre is really nice
- Bass is more than enough

Vs tri i3

- i3 is clearly more bassy
- naturality and timbre is for EDP
- Maybe i3 got more details, but no so much.

Both of them are clearly nice, but EDP are more comfortable for long time use, because fit and relaxed ecualization.

Pd. I really need to get the INXS cable? The stock IMR cable looks fine to me.

May 27, 2021 at 8:53 AM Post #652 of 698
Well, first test with EDP (tested with btr5 and red filters)

- Impressive Imaging and soundstage
- Natural, airy, not congested.
- Timbre is really nice
- Bass is more than enough

Vs tri i3

- i3 is clearly more bassy
- naturality and timbre is for EDP
- Maybe i3 got more details, but no so much.

Both of them are clearly nice, but EDP are more comfortable for long time use, because fit and relaxed ecualization.

How would you say the bass quantity compares when EDP has black/black nozzle/filter combo' fitted? (If this is inappropriate to discuss in this thread please feel free to DM me).

I think the IMR cable is excellent, but sadly my 4.4mm has suffered some sort of hardening of either the insulating sheath, or the wire inside, as the whole cable from the splitter up now behaves like super long memory wires and transmits mechanical noise like crazy (seriously, I could bend my signature into this cable now, it's that stiff, the 2.5 and 3.5 are still as flexible as new, but maybe that's because they've almost never left the storage case).
I bought a temporary replacement for around £30 from NiceHCK on Aliexpress which works well and sounds good too, but I look forward to IMR's new cables which Bob says will have angled 2-pin connectors (I'm hoping the 4.4mm jack will also be angled, fingers crossed).
I'm not much of a 'cable believer' myself and haven't tried an aftermarket INXS cable, but my advice would be to only replace the stock cable if it bothers you in some way as it sounds pretty good to me (shame mine hardened).

I recently got my EDP back from Bob after I lost the high freq's on the right hand side, and I'm delighted to say they're back to their usual excellence!
Very happy with IMR's customer service.

I'm saving for the next rung on my personal audio ladder, but since my sights are set on the Elan, or something else that's BASSY and a decent step up from the EDP, there's a good chance It'll take a while to save enough! I'm glad I've got my EDP in the meantime.

May 27, 2021 at 11:36 AM Post #653 of 698
It certainly adds a real Kick to the IMR's. It was a New Sensation for me although how it works does Mystify. Etc.

Anyway jokes aside its a great cable for the IMRs (I don't own the EDP tho) but sometimes the KBear or Nicehck version can be found for less than that one or can use coupons & they are the same.

May 27, 2021 at 3:15 PM Post #654 of 698
How would you say the bass quantity compares when EDP has black/black nozzle/filter combo' fitted? (If this is inappropriate to discuss in this thread please feel free to DM me).

I think the IMR cable is excellent, but sadly my 4.4mm has suffered some sort of hardening of either the insulating sheath, or the wire inside, as the whole cable from the splitter up now behaves like super long memory wires and transmits mechanical noise like crazy (seriously, I could bend my signature into this cable now, it's that stiff, the 2.5 and 3.5 are still as flexible as new, but maybe that's because they've almost never left the storage case).
I bought a temporary replacement for around £30 from NiceHCK on Aliexpress which works well and sounds good too, but I look forward to IMR's new cables which Bob says will have angled 2-pin connectors (I'm hoping the 4.4mm jack will also be angled, fingers crossed).
I'm not much of a 'cable believer' myself and haven't tried an aftermarket INXS cable, but my advice would be to only replace the stock cable if it bothers you in some way as it sounds pretty good to me (shame mine hardened).

I recently got my EDP back from Bob after I lost the high freq's on the right hand side, and I'm delighted to say they're back to their usual excellence!
Very happy with IMR's customer service.

I'm saving for the next rung on my personal audio ladder, but since my sights are set on the Elan, or something else that's BASSY and a decent step up from the EDP, there's a good chance It'll take a while to save enough! I'm glad I've got my EDP in the meantime.

Ive got the angled version of the cables. 3.5 and 2.5mm. They look amazing.
I didnt tested with black filter, but red is only one step down on the scale... EDP souns more analytic to my taste, TRI is so much more punchy, maybe even muddy other frequencies. I think they are perfectly compatible, and two ways to build a planar iem.

The bad thing about the TRI is the size. Its like the double of the EDP, no jokes.

Jul 8, 2021 at 11:23 AM Post #655 of 698
Just scored a surprise set of EDP on the eBay. As I told the seller, I thought I had deleted all my old IMR searches :scream: The first time I looked there was 1 watcher. 15 min later there were 6. At $150 I knew they wouldn't be there for long so I went for it. Been a while since I fidgeted with IMR filters and never the double design. Figure I'll start out with Black/Blue unless someone has another suggestion.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2021 at 11:44 AM Post #656 of 698
Just scored a surprise set of EDP on the eBay. As I told the seller, I thought I had deleted all my old IMR searches :scream: The first time I looked there was 1 watcher. 15 min later there were 6. At $150 I knew they wouldn't be there for long so I went for it. Been a while since I fidgeted with IMR filters and never the double design. Figure I'll start out with Black/Blue unless someone has another suggestion.
I always start with red blue (bottom/ top) If burn in is done there won’t be any crazy frequencies, or else just go red red, as much as I’m a bass head, I love red cause it lets the whole spectrum speak for it self

Jul 8, 2021 at 11:44 AM Post #657 of 698
Nice - congrats - One thing I have discovered is the EDP can be a very different and much better sounded IEM when used balanced AND with a source that can give it some power. I found it difficult to get the sound tweaked to perfection until I did this

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2021 at 11:55 AM Post #659 of 698
That is an amazing score!
the EDP is an incredibly balanced, natural, fluid and musical IEM. I regret selling mine, who knows, it may even be my original you got your hands on. Anyway the EDP is also has the least bass quantity (not quality) of any IMR offering. For me the best sound I got from it was black bottom / blue top which opens it right up for full spectrum, combined with a wide bore tip like Tennmak Whirlwind, Tennmak Strong Foam (new bee foam - I'm convinced is the same tip, different brand) or Azla Sednas. The wide bore will allow as much treble extension as possible to come out without veiling anything else.
Enjoy,iI'm rreally hhappy for you!

Jul 8, 2021 at 11:55 AM Post #660 of 698
Nice - congrats - One thing I have discovered is the EDP can be a very different and much better sounded IEM when used balanced AND with a source that can give it some power. I found it difficult to get the sound tweaked to perfection until I did this
Interesting. Thanks. I read a lot of comments that said they were easy to drive. I get what you're saying though. They will primarily be used at my work desk with a DAP that has pretty good power. I haven't used a portable amp in years, but I'll charge one up to play around with. I'll have to see what the planars sound like on the homes system as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back