IMPRESSIONS: Montréal August 25th 2012 Head-Fi Meet
Aug 27, 2012 at 11:01 PM Post #31 of 82
Kim's first impression post is certainly awesome :p and superb at relaying the experience of a smaller/comfier scale, friendly Head-Fi meet, from a first-timer's perspective. I'm glad it worked out well the way all of you are telling.

I certainly never expected we'd end up with such high-end gear, quite much variety in brands, a small contest/draw, a cake, when we --me, Glitched, and KimLaroux-- first wanted to get together in that old thread, previously unnoticed.

Aug 27, 2012 at 11:40 PM Post #32 of 82
Quote:
Not sure of an LCD2 pairing with the EF6 
confused_face.gif

The Bryston (or from current impressions, the mjolnir) seem the way to go

I sort of feel like a terrible person for typing this... but the LCD-2 was still a bit bright for me and the highs seemed just a biiit rough. I guess I like super dark sound sigs and it's been making upgrading pretty tough! I love love loved what the EF6 did to my ESW9 and those are already pretty bassy with rolled off treble. Not quite sure where to go from here but I think a good tube amp is probably my best bet.

Aug 27, 2012 at 11:44 PM Post #33 of 82
I sort of feel like a terrible person for typing this... but the LCD-2 was still a bit bright for me and the highs seemed just a biiit rough. I guess I like super dark sound sigs and it's been making upgrading pretty tough! I love love loved what the EF6 did to my ESW9 and those are already pretty bassy with rolled off treble. Not quite sure where to go from here but I think a good tube amp is probably my best bet.

If you like rolled off treble than I guess a tube amp is definitely for you.
Personally I found the LCD2 to be too congested/dull with a tube amp while the HD800 softens up just enough to be more musical with a good tube amp.

Aug 30, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #36 of 82
Can't you find a PC at your school that has a Firewire port? My 5 years old Dell laptop has a Firewire port. 
confused_face(1).gif

And how comes the school doesn't already have the equipment to copy over the footage from the camera? I would have expected them to offer the service as a prerequisite for the use of the camera. A camera that can't transfer it's recording over is as useless as a camera can be.

Aug 30, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #37 of 82
Can't you find a PC at your school that has a Firewire port? My 5 years old Dell laptop has a Firewire port. :confused_face(1):

And how comes the school doesn't already have the equipment to copy over the footage from the camera? I would have expected them to offer the service as a prerequisite for the use of the camera. A camera that can't transfer it's recording over is as useless as a camera can be.

Apparently firewire ports are only common on macs nowadays (and old computers).
Being marianopolis, apparently we're all expected to have macs...
My old HP desktop has a firewire port so I'll try that.

Sep 8, 2012 at 1:35 AM Post #43 of 82
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TERiWOhfX4Y[/video]

Well there's all the footage I shot...
It'll finish uploading by the time most of you wake up.

Sep 8, 2012 at 2:39 AM Post #44 of 82
Wicked, anxious for the video to be processed by youtube.

In other news, I was so impressed with the HE-6 that I decided to get myself a pair today. Now do I keep the HE-500's or sell to fund school books?
confused.gif

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Sep 8, 2012 at 2:50 AM Post #45 of 82
Wicked, anxious for the video to be processed by youtube.

In other news, I was so impressed with the HE-6 that I decided to get myself a pair today. Now do I keep the HE-500's or sell to fund school books? :confused:

The problem is more the 40kb/s upload speed with bell even though I'm promised around 150kb/s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back