I'm looking for IEMs for $50 or less
Sep 21, 2011 at 11:44 AM Post #16 of 29

Quote:
If you can wait a little I'll be receiving my DUNU Trident in a week or so to compare directly. As for the mid-range on the Beta's it's slightly recessed by the bass, but as a huge mid-lover (I love my Ad900s!) I find these to be very satisfying IEMs. It's very lively and engrossing. 

That would be great! Yeah, I can wait. I'm here for my money's worth since I'm still a student. :D

AD900 are some expensive shizzz!! I can't afford that as of now :wink: But I'll wait for your DUNU trident comment. :)

Sep 21, 2011 at 11:49 AM Post #17 of 29
My girlfriend bought me them thankfully! Now to talk her into buying me the Ad2000 this year...haha. I will say one thing though, the Beta's are causing me to gravitate towards them at all times. I wanted to sleep last night, for instance, but wound up staying up another hour enjoying them.

Sep 21, 2011 at 11:56 AM Post #18 of 29

Quote:
My girlfriend bought me them thankfully! Now to talk her into buying me the Ad2000 this year...haha. I will say one thing though, the Beta's are causing me to gravitate towards them at all times. I wanted to sleep last night, for instance, but wound up staying up another hour enjoying them.

Lmao you're a pretty lucky man with your girlfriend lol. Wow they seem to be really enjoyable! I really need to get my hands on them! Thanks for guiding me through.. This is the first time I'll be buying REAL IEMs since I'm a noob that buys $5 Philips earphones which I thought was good as well as ripping my music collection to 128 kbps. Hahahaha. That sucked and I re ripped them all to 256 again. The closest I got with IEMs were the TDK eb-750 which I thought was okay but bass overppowers too much plus midrange is really mediocre. So I want to make sure what I buy :D

Sep 21, 2011 at 7:55 PM Post #19 of 29
I'm currently listening to Sigur Ros - Untitled #8 through my Brainwavz Beta. If you're not familiar with the song it's an ambient/post-rock song that really picks up at the end. The Beta's handle the ambient/calm parts beautifully with a good representation of the atmosphere of the song. As it builds up the drums hit with authority and sound rather natural. When the song "explodes" the Beta's give it a chaotic feel, which is what the song is going for. While it's chaotic the instruments are heard beautifully, even the Les Paul played with a cello bow.

Sep 21, 2011 at 8:42 PM Post #20 of 29
For just a little bit more, the iMetal 590s are really nice.

Sep 21, 2011 at 11:35 PM Post #21 of 29

Quote:
I'm currently listening to Sigur Ros - Untitled #8 through my Brainwavz Beta. If you're not familiar with the song it's an ambient/post-rock song that really picks up at the end. The Beta's handle the ambient/calm parts beautifully with a good representation of the atmosphere of the song. As it builds up the drums hit with authority and sound rather natural. When the song "explodes" the Beta's give it a chaotic feel, which is what the song is going for. While it's chaotic the instruments are heard beautifully, even the Les Paul played with a cello bow.

Wow that's really amazing. I think I'm getting the Brainwavz Beta now. Thank you very much for your help! I'd give you feedback when I get it. :)

Sep 22, 2011 at 3:29 AM Post #23 of 29

Quote:
wait arent the m1s around the same price as the betas? which are better?

also im looking for a good pair of iems around the same price ~30-50. i have a pair of backbeat titaniums (relabled ultimate ears to altec lansing) and they sound great, but they dont isolate enough. how do the brainwavz do on isolation? i really need isolate becuase im trying to drum with them.

thanks

I'm going to trust keanex :)
m1s are more expensive in my country though. $45 I can get the BETA on mp4nation for $29

Sep 22, 2011 at 9:46 AM Post #24 of 29
About to pull the trigger on either the Beta or M1, what are the differences?  Looks like the M1 has a much nicer cable, any other differences?  Which ones are more comfortable for small ear canals?

Sep 22, 2011 at 11:59 AM Post #25 of 29

Quote:
I own the SoundMAGIC E30 and Brainwavs Beta, the Beta are better in every regard. The E30 are good, but man I think the Brainwavs Beta may be the best IEM under $100. I've not tried every IEM under $100, but I've tried a decent amount, the Beta's are satisfying in every way.

After reading this about the Beta's I'm very happy now that I picked these up last weekend while they were on sale for less than $14..
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 22, 2011 at 2:58 PM Post #26 of 29

Quote:
About to pull the trigger on either the Beta or M1, what are the differences?  Looks like the M1 has a much nicer cable, any other differences?  Which ones are more comfortable for small ear canals?

The Betas aren't particularly for small ears, but the Comply tips should do a good enough job making them comfortable for almost anyone. 

Sep 23, 2011 at 1:43 AM Post #27 of 29

Quote:
Thanks!! Hmm.. I've read on 'anythingbutipod' that it's midrange isn't good. Is that bad for audio clarity?

FYI there have been two Beta earphones, the original 'Beta Brainwavz' and the now available 'Brainwavz Beta'......see what we did there to help you distinguish the two :wink: in hindsight it might have been better to have done more to help avoid confusion.

The original Betas sound different from the new ones, if you are unsure of which one the reviewer is talking about then check 1) the date of the review, anything before May 2011 is defo for the older no longer made Betas and 2) pictures, the two look totally different.

Sep 23, 2011 at 3:01 AM Post #28 of 29

Quote:

FYI there have been two Beta earphones, the original 'Beta Brainwavz' and the now available 'Brainwavz Beta'......see what we did there to help you distinguish the two :wink: in hindsight it might have been better to have done more to help avoid confusion.

The original Betas sound different from the new ones, if you are unsure of which one the reviewer is talking about then check 1) the date of the review, anything before May 2011 is defo for the older no longer made Betas and 2) pictures, the two look totally different.

Uh-oh sheeeez I can't believe there are two. Lmao.

Here :) :

http://anythingbutipod.com/2009/07/beta-brainwavz-pro-review/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back