I'm looking for IEMs for $50 or less
Sep 20, 2011 at 6:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

jomarr

New Head-Fier
I'm basically new here but I think my other thread lacked more details on what I want for my IEM.

-I listen to Pop, Rock, Hip-Hop (mostly everything)
-Most of my songs are on 256 VBR (iTunes plus)
-I have an iPod (if that makes sense for the audio quality)
-I want clear, crisp sound with a powerful but not muddy bass

I'm currently considering these items:
-JBL Reference 220
-Sennheiser CX 500
-Sound Magic PL30's
-Sound Magic E10
-Sound Magic PL21
(I am considering these items since they are the only ones I know off that are available but guys please suggest anything and if you can please tell me if I should buy these or not.)

I actually want to save up for those expensive Beats but then I got into your site and thinking how stupid I am.
Obviously I'm not an audiophile but I would really want to have better music experience since I am a certified musiclover.

*I live in the Philippines and still don't know where to get others though but I'll try online. :)

Please help me. :) Thanks!

Sep 20, 2011 at 11:31 PM Post #4 of 29
I own the SoundMAGIC E30 and Brainwavs Beta, the Beta are better in every regard. The E30 are good, but man I think the Brainwavs Beta may be the best IEM under $100. I've not tried every IEM under $100, but I've tried a decent amount, the Beta's are satisfying in every way.

Sep 20, 2011 at 11:54 PM Post #5 of 29
Hi! I would also recommend the e30s. Very nice fun sounding pair. Do note that pl30s are the over ear kind of fitting.. I had the pl30s but don't really like that style of wearing.

I wouls recommend brainwavz m2. Nice cables and also a sound similar to e30s. Not sure how much its retailing at the phillipines though.

Sep 21, 2011 at 12:47 AM Post #7 of 29
I have SM PL 30... For Pop and Rock, SM PL30 still can handle it (the vocal is smooth)... but for hip-hop it is lacking in the bass department.. maybe SM PL E30 can do it better..

Sep 21, 2011 at 1:55 AM Post #8 of 29

Quote:
I have SM PL 30... For Pop and Rock, SM PL30 still can handle it (the vocal is smooth)... but for hip-hop it is lacking in the bass department.. maybe SM PL E30 can do it better..

I really love me some bass but honestly cripsness and clarity is all I really need. Medium bass is definitely alright

Quote:
Hi! I would also recommend the e30s. Very nice fun sounding pair. Do note that pl30s are the over ear kind of fitting.. I had the pl30s but don't really like that style of wearing.

I wouls recommend brainwavz m2. Nice cables and also a sound similar to e30s. Not sure how much its retailing at the phillipines though.

Quote:
As I said, the E30's are good headphones, but man the Brainwavs Beta beat them in every way except build quality.

Hmm.. I'll check on Brainwavs. What's the difference of the E30s and the Brainwavz though?

Sep 21, 2011 at 7:56 AM Post #13 of 29
my friend listens to mostly pop and some rap, and i recommended him to get the DUNU Trident after reading all the reviews (ljokerl gave it a 9/10 for value in the multi iem thread which is very high) 

so i got him the Trident and I'm still waiting for it to come....

Sep 21, 2011 at 11:32 AM Post #14 of 29

Quote:
my friend listens to mostly pop and some rap, and i recommended him to get the DUNU Trident after reading all the reviews (ljokerl gave it a 9/10 for value in the multi iem thread which is very high) 

so i got him the Trident and I'm still waiting for it to come....

Wow promising review. DUNU Trident or Brainwavz for me. So what's the deal? Can you link me joker's review as well?

Sep 21, 2011 at 11:34 AM Post #15 of 29

Quote:
Wow promising review. DUNU Trident or Brainwavz for me. So what's the deal? Can you link me joker's review as well?

If you can wait a little I'll be receiving my DUNU Trident in a week or so to compare directly. As for the mid-range on the Beta's it's slightly recessed by the bass, but as a huge mid-lover (I love my Ad900s!) I find these to be very satisfying IEMs. It's very lively and engrossing. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back