Ikko OH10 lover looking to upgrade...
Jan 23, 2024 at 5:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Trizesta

New Head-Fier
Hi all! I've been slowly working my way up the IEM ladder and--after some time spent being fully content--I'm getting curious again. So now, with $600 to spend, I turn to you for advice...

The Ikko OH10 has been my daily for a couple of years now and is quite simply the most enjoyable set I've ever had in my ears. I'd like to keep a somewhat similar sound profile (it doesn't have to be v-shaped... a good u-shape would do) and a large soundstage, but with the kind of detail retrieval and imaging that comes from even higher-end sets. I've been curious about bone conduction for a while and, after doing some research, I've landed on the Unique Melody Mini-Mest as my top contender.

To those of you with experience with the Mini-Mest: Is this a solid upgrade for my tastes? Are there other IEMs in my price range that might be better suited? Thanks in advance!

Jan 23, 2024 at 8:00 AM Post #2 of 8
Have a look at reviews on the Penon 10th Anniversary, ISN EST50, and Kinera Norn. These are just the ones I've owned that I'd consider upgrades over the OH10.

Jan 24, 2024 at 6:08 PM Post #5 of 8
Why upgrade? They're so good. Maybe add, but I wouldn't replace
I’m definitely keeping them. They have a particular sound I can’t imagine I’d find anywhere else! Anything new would go into rotation with my OH10, Timeless AE, and Moondrop Kato. What I’m really after is a taste of the next level, not a whole new direction.

Jan 24, 2024 at 6:24 PM Post #6 of 8
I’m definitely keeping them. They have a particular sound I can’t imagine I’d find anywhere else! Anything new would go into rotation with my OH10, Timeless AE, and Moondrop Kato. What I’m really after is a taste of the next level, not a whole new direction.
I picked up some OH-10 Obsidians after multiple forum members here said they ended up selling off some of their higher-end V-shape IEMs and "returning" to their OH-10. I'm also looking to add (not replace) with some other sets for variety/fun, such as Timeless AE, Final Audio E5000, 7Hz Legato.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back