Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread
Jun 11, 2015 at 8:10 PM Post #452 of 1,351
  What will happen if I flash 960 rockbox img to 770?

Well, I have tried to "Rockbox" the 770 and 770C with the builds for both the 760 and the 960 and it does not work.  The player does not respond at all when the rockbox firmware is added and the screen just looks greyish white.  After putting the rockbox build on the 770's I was able to change the firmware back to the appropriate Xuelin firmware without too much trouble... I personally would not recommend the experiment again, just like I would not recommend trying to substitute the firmware for the 770 onto the 770C...

Jun 13, 2015 at 9:47 AM Post #454 of 1,351
It is worth it to buy a (portable) hp amp for 770? Sometimes I have to push the volume up to 55-60 with my takstars pro 80 to hear every detail (at 40, for ex. the sound just seem 'slim'). I think that an amp would allow me to have a better experience at lower sound levels.

Jun 13, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #455 of 1,351
That's too bad because the original firmware is not really good. It skips sound sometime and becomes unresponsive.

I would strongly encourage everyone with a Xuelin DAP to e-mail Xuelin at sxj1974@163.com to inform them of concerns/issues related to firmware problems...  Maybe they will eventually address this very basic flaw in the firmware and improve things for all of us...  I know I try to keep my messages constructive and not overly critical in tone, but whether they will ever fully address this problem, well, who knows?....

Jun 13, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #456 of 1,351
  It is worth it to buy a (portable) hp amp for 770? Sometimes I have to push the volume up to 55-60 with my takstars pro 80 to hear every detail (at 40, for ex. the sound just seem 'slim'). I think that an amp would allow me to have a better experience at lower sound levels.

I guess the simple answer depends on your preferences.  I like the Xuelin DAPs because for the IEMs I use, I don't need an extra amp.  If you are really wedded to the TakStar Pro 80's then you might find a portable amp helpful...  Although I do not use an amp with the 770s, I do feel they pair nicely with my Neco Soundlab V2, but not so well with the C&C BH amp.   If you are willing to move away from your Takstars, you may want to hold off on a portable amp and consider buying a couple of pairs of new IEMs instead... You'd have to get impressions from others as well, but I really like the sound I get from the 770 using either the KZ ED9 or the TTPOD T1E.   Given the prices for some of the really nice and inexpensive IEMs, you might consider looking into some other headphones to pair up with your 770.  I have found the KZ ED9s on Aliexpress for <$15 and the TTPOD T1E can be found several places for $35-45.  Just remember though, if you buy an new IEM, make sure  you get one WITHOUT a mic...  the 770 and original 770C do not do well with 3-ring plugs (however, the new modified 770C accepts 3-ring plugs nicely)....

Jun 13, 2015 at 11:07 AM Post #457 of 1,351
  I guess the simple answer depends on your preferences.  I like the Xuelin DAPs because for the IEMs I use, I don't need an extra amp.  If you are really wedded to the TakStar Pro 80's then you might find a portable amp helpful...  Although I do not use an amp with the 770s, I do feel they pair nicely with my Neco Soundlab V2, but not so well with the C&C BH amp.   If you are willing to move away from your Takstars, you may want to hold off on a portable amp and consider buying a couple of pairs of new IEMs instead... You'd have to get impressions from others as well, but I really like the sound I get from the 770 using either the KZ ED9 or the TTPOD T1E.   Given the prices for some of the really nice and inexpensive IEMs, you might consider looking into some other headphones to pair up with your 770.  I have found the KZ ED9s on Aliexpress for <$15 and the TTPOD T1E can be found several places for $35-45.  Just remember though, if you buy an new IEM, make sure  you get one WITHOUT a mic...  the 770 and original 770C do not do well with 3-ring plugs (however, the new modified 770C accepts 3-ring plugs nicely)....

For walking/desk/work I use these http://en-de.sennheiser.com/noise-cancelling-earphones-headphones-cx-300-ii-precision
However for 'real' listening experience I preffer over the ear/full cans.

Jun 13, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #458 of 1,351
I have recently upgraded the firmware of my Xuelin ihifi 770c using the instruction on this thread. It looks like the results are successful as reported by the program. The unit restarted but I only got blank screen without the menus. I have tried to reset many times but without success. I hope somebody from this thread or from Xuelin  can help me.

Jun 13, 2015 at 2:08 PM Post #459 of 1,351
  I would strongly encourage everyone with a Xuelin DAP to e-mail Xuelin at sxj1974@163.com to inform them of concerns/issues related to firmware problems...  Maybe they will eventually address this very basic flaw in the firmware and improve things for all of us...  I know I try to keep my messages constructive and not overly critical in tone, but whether they will ever fully address this problem, well, who knows?....

I did it . I hope we will get some help with these issues (although I don't think they.....care).

Jun 13, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #460 of 1,351
  I have recently upgraded the firmware of my Xuelin ihifi 770c using the instruction on this thread. It looks like the results are successful as reported by the program. The unit restarted but I only got blank screen without the menus. I have tried to reset many times but without success. I hope somebody from this thread or from Xuelin  can help me.

I have answered you in a PM.  Let me know some more details and I'll do my best to help you out...  

Jun 14, 2015 at 7:33 AM Post #462 of 1,351
After searches and looking for local stores availability I think I'll pair 770 with FiiO E11K Kilimanjaro 2. I'm really curious about the noise level of this one.

keep us posted - I was curious enough to pair my 770 with the b&w p3 and a grado s??? headphone from a friend and I went at around 40 on the volume level.

in contrast my iem listening levels don't go beyond 20-22

Jun 14, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #463 of 1,351
I am currently using my 770 with a Topping NX1. I use the bundle with a Denon AHD-600. The headphones do not really need amplification, but the NX1 manages to open the sound stage even further and provide that little more of bass containment needed for these cans, given that the IHiFi does not have custom EQ. The results are really impressive. 

Jun 14, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #464 of 1,351
  I am currently using my 770 with a Topping NX1. I use the bundle with a Denon AHD-600. The headphones do not really need amplification, but the NX1 manages to open the sound stage even further and provide that little more of bass containment needed for these cans, given that the IHiFi does not have custom EQ. The results are really impressive. 

What firmware version do you run on your 770?

btw : salutare concetatene!

Jun 14, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #465 of 1,351

What firmware version do you run on your 770?

btw : salutare concetatene!

Running the April upgrade, which gives Line Out functionality. I've been amplifying both through LO on and LO off, I'm not sure there is a difference at all. I wanted to get the Fiio E11K as well, settled for the NX1 as the quality is comparable, it seems (from reviews).  What is astonishing, however, is that the amplifier arrived 2 weeks ago and I have not charged it yet :) 

Re-BTW: Salut, m-ai ghicit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back