IHIFI 760 + 770 (pg 13) + 800 (pg 25) : From makers of the 812V2 / 960
Mar 25, 2014 at 12:45 AM Post #181 of 482
Man... I'm so in love atm with my 760 + Gr07 MKII combo. The vocals sounds so smooth, bass is good and everything sounds very detailed.

Didn't think my music can sound this much better than before... Lol.

Definitely one quality player!

Mar 25, 2014 at 5:43 AM Post #182 of 482
Here is my impressions on 760 so far,

First I have to say that it is heavy really heavy. It may not be suitable for portable use unless you have a bag. It has a very solid feeling and quality. I paired it with my IM50s and RE0. I liked the IM50 pairing more than RE0. They seem to complete each other very well and have a great synergy. With RE0 I only felt some bass quantity is missing. It is not to say it is bad with RE0s but I've found IM50s are better match with 760.

I have listened to DX50 and X3 and never was a fan of them. IMHO Ihifi760 is a better sounding dap for me. It is not boring as DX50 and not midbassy like X3. Especially the soundstage is bigger than both DX50 and X3 and also more airy and don't feel congested. Mids are the strongest point of this dap. You can hear every detail in your songs. I really love this dap except its heaviness. I can recommend this dap to everyone who doesn't mind its bulkiness and searching for a better dap than both DX50 and X3.

Mar 25, 2014 at 5:55 AM Post #183 of 482

First I have to say that it is heavy really heavy. It may not be suitable for portable use unless you have a bag. It has a very solid feeling and quality. I paired it with my IM50s and RE0. I liked the IM50 pairing more than RE0. They seem to complete each other very well and have a great synergy. With RE0 I only felt some bass quantity is missing. It is not to say it is bad with RE0s but I've found IM50s are better match with 760.

I have listened to DX50 and X3 and never was a fan of them. IMHO Ihifi760 is a better sounding dap for me. It is not boring as DX50 and not midbassy like X3. Especially the soundstage is bigger than both DX50 and X3 and also more airy and don't feel congested. Mids are the strongest point of this dap. You can hear every detail in your songs. I really love this dap except its heaviness. I can recommend this dap to everyone who doesn't mind its bulkiness and searching for a better dap than both DX50 and X3.

I can agree totally, 760's stage is  wider, immersive and airy, one really good feature about this unit is the soundstage and timbre makes it unique among a field of DAPs. And yes, it's heavy. 270 grams worth. As I've said in comments words don'y do the players weight justification. I've explained to people you could literally kill someone with it by hitting them over the head. 

Oh hi, what's that you've got there in the wheelbarrow?

Oh this? Just my IHIFI 760. 

Mar 25, 2014 at 5:58 AM Post #184 of 482

Totally agree with you that the soundstage on this thing is quite amazing. I also find my re0 lacking quite a bit of bass with it.

However, in my opinion, I don't find it to be too heavy and will bring it out and use it as a portable player once I find a good case for it.

I'm also quite interested to do a comparison myself to the DX50.

edit* "it's not that much heavier and bigger than my galaxy note 3. So i guess I'm used to carrying big and heavy gadgets.. Lol"

Apr 26, 2014 at 11:02 PM Post #185 of 482
Not sure if anyone saw the link in the 960 thread but they have a new slimmer type player out soon (NOW?) the 770

Looks to be a touchpad thing. Quite a departure from the normal bulk, which I actually like ( the bulk ).

http://www.i-hifi.com/index.html

Apr 27, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #187 of 482
Well, I thought I'd give the latest firmware a go on my 812v2 and.... it's all a bit disappointing; nothing new to speak of apart from some nicer graphics and icons; Same old useless eq, non-alphabetical album listing, no display brightness control and noises between tracks.

Also, it appears that the Chinese text associated with the three main icons on the start-up screen is part of the icon image and so remains in Chinese regardless of which language the player is set to.

I shall now re-install Rockbox. 

May 11, 2014 at 9:42 AM Post #188 of 482
Since most of us in the USA (and many other countries) are unable to directly purchase many of the high quality audio players (like the iHiFi 960 and 760) that are made in China; then we have to rely on sites such as eBay if we want to purchase these players.  As involved, active consumers, I feel we have the responsibility to identify dishonest vendors when we encounter them on eBay, so we can help honest buyers from losing time and money.  I have encountered a dishonest vendor who goes by "annie audio" on eBay.  He lists several audio players (including the iHiFi 760) and other hifi equipment on his eBay store.  He attempts to lure buyers in with prices lower (but still believable) than his competition.  In my experience, this vendor deals in factory rejects and should be AVOIDED.  I purchased the iHiFi 960 from him in February 2014; the first player I received from him had a defective battery and microsd slot.  So, I returned it, and by March 2014, I received another defective player from him; this player had defective circuitry (? bad op amps) and the sound quality was badly distorted and the player was unlistenable.  I had asked "annie audio" to test the second player out before he sent it to me, so I could hopefully avoid receiving another defective player.  He "reassured" me that he had tested it out and it worked properly, but he clearly did not even listen to the player before he sent it. Unfortunately for me, by the time I received this second defective player, my "money back guarantee coverage" on eBay had expired, so eBay was unable to help me out.  The eBay rep encouraged me to send the second defective player back for another exchange.  It has now been 6 weeks since I returned the second player to "annie audio" and as I expected, he claims he has not received the player; his response was "the player must be lost".  I must say, after I received the second defective player, I really did not believe I would ever get anything that worked properly from this vendor.  So, after losing my money (~$400 US) and 3 months, I am here to warn all of you to AVOID the vendor on eBay who goes by "annie audio".  In my experience, he is a dishonest liar and criminal.  I have notified eBay of this seller and have asked them to consider removing his store. The good news though is that there are several highly dependable sellers on eBay (such as bigbargainonline, 24ishop, polly chen, etc) who can help us get the audio equipment we would like to have.  So take my advice, AVOID the vendor "annie audio" on eBay; believe me, even if you have to spend a bit more to get what you want from a much more dependable vendor, your overall experience will be so much better.

May 14, 2014 at 11:38 PM Post #189 of 482

Not sure if anyone saw the link in the 960 thread but they have a new slimmer type player out soon (NOW?) the 770

Looks to be a touchpad thing. Quite a departure from the normal bulk, which I actually like ( the bulk ).

The 770 looks lovely, I hope those touch buttons are responsive enough :D

May 15, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #190 of 482

When will these be out? Any news?

May 23, 2014 at 11:23 PM Post #191 of 482
I do not know anything about this vendor personally, but this person is now selling the Xuelin iHiFi 770 on Ebay:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/XUELIN-IHIFI770-24BIT192K-Portable-HiFi-Music-Player-/251537626967?pt=US_Internet_Media_Streamers&hash=item3a90cf9757.  

May 24, 2014 at 12:41 AM Post #193 of 482
A very long review of a pre-production unit of the iHIFI770 at http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3055810257?see_lz=1&pn=1 (Chinese only)

TL; DR:
  Pros:
  - Good build quality
  - Good sound quality; better than the FIIO X3 but below the X5
  - Dual phone out design
  - No hiss for sensitive IEMs

Cons:
  - Low quality display
  - UI is primitive and not user-friendly
  - No CUE sheet support

May 31, 2014 at 6:39 AM Post #194 of 482
Bigbargainonline has iHiFi 770 in their stock. Has anyone ordered this? 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/XUELIN-IHIFI770-WM8740-8GB-Lossless-Amplifier-Portable-HiFi-Music-Player-/121350967383?pt=US_Internet_Media_Streamers&hash=item1c4114d057

Users who are viewing this thread

Back