iFi Product Launch – nano iUSB3.0 (the 'Baby Bentley' to the micro iUSB3.0)
Feb 15, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #17 of 103

Hi,

We're taking a slightly different direction. More details later this year.

Cheers.

I would LOVE to see the next iTube with a balanced headphone out (3.5mm TRRS; switchable). I'd even pre-pay for one; no Kickstarter needed.

I know the iCan Pro will have similar features but its desktop only and may be out of my price range. Your Micro series is at least transportable and there aren't many small, balanced tube amps out there.

Feb 15, 2016 at 9:02 PM Post #18 of 103
I already have the iUSB 3.0 micro, though IMO it would've made more sense to get the iUSB 3.0 nano with an internal battery as its linear power supply for portability purposes.

Feb 16, 2016 at 5:44 AM Post #19 of 103
I already have the iUSB 3.0 micro, though IMO it would've made more sense to get the iUSB 3.0 nano with an internal battery as its linear power supply for portability purposes.

The nano iUSB3.0 doesn't have a battery.

Feb 16, 2016 at 8:54 PM Post #20 of 103
 The nano iUSB3.0 doesn't have a battery.

That's why I wrote that it would've made more sense for the nano to have an internal battery rather than being a baby bentley micro.

Feb 16, 2016 at 10:22 PM Post #21 of 103
Nice, love the new nano size. Should be a good option to replace my original iUSB.

Feb 18, 2016 at 2:15 AM Post #22 of 103

Hi,

The iP2 and nano iUSB3.0 and micro iUSB3.0 all perform the same duties.

So if you have the nano iUSB3.0 you dont need the iPurifier2. The iPurifier2 is not inside the nano or micro iUSB3.0 (as it were).

They all have the REclock/REgenerate/REbalance technologies for example.

Cheers.

Aw shucks. Right after I bought a used iUSB to pair with my iP2. I should have known there'd be a Nano version coming. Good stuff though, for those who haven't got one.  

Feb 19, 2016 at 12:32 AM Post #23 of 103
Could you possibly compare the precise ISOPower capabilities of the iUSB, iUSB3.0 micro and the iUSB3.0 nano?

I had a ground loop issue and the original iUSB has done a decent job cleaning it up. I'm just wondering if the iUSB3.0 micro or nano has better capabilities regarding that feature.

Feb 19, 2016 at 8:35 PM Post #24 of 103
just spoke to a nice chap (Rich) at signature sound on this new product.

originally i'd emailed him on a slightly used micro usb 3.0 he was selling.
but he just sold it.

so i told him of my gig and asked for alternatives he might have:
mine is a pretty simple setup.
using a 6 yr old laptop as my music source for home/and 'portable' (LOL)
with a dragonfly 1.2v as the dac to iems or cans
...or sometimes I'll hook the dragonfly up to my headphone tube amp.

Rich thought this new iFi usb 3.0 nano (or the uptown regen) might
be more than suitable.....so I am still looking into these.
iFI seems to have simplified the decision making process
as below ...(kudos, iFi..very helpful esp when many of us--moi--have
little understanding of circuitry and all that more advanced audio
lingo that goes into the discussion of dacs and conditioners!)

To answer your question, the following would be our recommendation.

If your USB DAC is:

1) USB dac
2) USB dac US$500 to US$5k eg iFi/Chord = nano USB3.0.

3) USB dac >US$5k eg DCS/AMR = micro iUSB3.0.

Hopefully this summary shows that if you have a
But if you are thinking of upgrading in the future your DAC, then the nano USB3.0 is the ideal one as it is half the price of the micro USB3.0 flagship but has 85% of the performance/features. It does need the mains from the iPOWER so is not portable like the iPurifier2 which is USB-powered.

Cheers.

Feb 20, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #25 of 103
"Rich thought the new iFi usb 3.0 nano (or the uptown regen) might be more than suitable.....so I am still looking into these."

are they the same price? is the Regen also usb3 technology as i want best sound and future proof

Feb 22, 2016 at 2:33 AM Post #26 of 103
To answer your question, the following would be our recommendation.

If your USB DAC is:

1) USB dac
2) USB dac US$500 to US$5k eg iFi/Chord = nano USB3.0.

3) USB dac >US$5k eg DCS/AMR = micro iUSB3.0.

Hopefully this summary shows that if you have a
But if you are thinking of upgrading in the future your DAC, then the nano USB3.0 is the ideal one as it is half the price of the micro USB3.0 flagship but has 85% of the performance/features. It does need the mains from the iPOWER so is not portable like the iPurifier2 which is USB-powered.

Cheers.

After six months of owning the iFi iUSB3.0 and nearly a month with the iPurifier2, I can tell the difference between the two on the iDAC2 which is under $500. The iUSB3.0 has richer bass, and more depth to the stage. I think the don't buy under this price rule is more for stopping people from having a USB filter that is more expensive than their DAC. I'm not buying that you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. I suggest how you will use them is the most important factor. iPurifier2 gives some sonic improvement (tighter bass, very slight increase in soundstage depth) and is extremely portable. The micro iUSB3.0 is a pain to transport. The Nano iUSB3.0 falls in between.

Feb 22, 2016 at 8:23 AM Post #27 of 103
After six months of owning the iFi iUSB3.0 and nearly a month with the iPurifier2, I can tell the difference between the two on the iDAC2 which is under $500. The iUSB3.0 has richer bass, and more depth to the stage. I think the don't buy under this price rule is more for stopping people from having a USB filter that is more expensive than their DAC. I'm not buying that you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. I suggest how you will use them is the most important factor. iPurifier2 gives some sonic improvement (tighter bass, very slight increase in soundstage depth) and is extremely portable. The micro iUSB3.0 is a pain to transport. The Nano iUSB3.0 falls in between.

Thanks...maybe i am missing something...iFi said the new nano usb 3.0 was best suited with micro idsd (which is what i have) ..that there is no need for the larger more $$$ micro usb 3.0.

Feb 28, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #29 of 103
Would this be suitable for use with my Audeze Deckard DAC/AMP?

Nearly purchased the Schiit wyrd but tempted to give this a go instead.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I have the same DAC (Audeze Deckard) and now i am using the  iPurifier and it makes a huge deference ,,

i assume the  iUSB3.0 will benefit your DAC sound stage , Just make sure you are using a high grade USB cable ,

also when playing music , play it with WASAPI method ( very important specially with this dac )

http://www.hifiwigwam.com/showthread.php?94044-Windows-PC-and-Foobar-set-up-for-Audio-with-WASAPI-DAC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back