iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions, Reviews and Comments.
Mar 20, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #3,196 of 9,047

Econ or normal with iem match set back one click. Be sure to flip the switch for xbass. 
wink.gif

I cannot get enough volume with it set on IEM set back one click..

Mar 20, 2015 at 5:33 PM Post #3,197 of 9,047
Hi guys, I need ur advice. I'm planning to get idsd along dx 90. Does that make sense? Or should I only get the ak 100 ii? Which is sonically the better option? currently own the hd 650 but I intend to get something like th900.

Mar 20, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #3,201 of 9,047
Welcome to the iFi club!

Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter (MD821ZM/A)

Mar 20, 2015 at 6:52 PM Post #3,202 of 9,047
  On a nice note I am sitting with a bottle of Connoisseurs Choice Aberfeldy limited edition distilled 1990 and bottled 2011.Listening to a little Nick Cave,Very special indeed.

Which reminds me of me recently delivered bottle of Laphroaig 200th Anniversary Edition. I think a glass of that would pair well with the DAC2 I'm using right now, despite its US-provenience. Which of course leads to the question: is the ifi British or Scottish? On the other hand... it's not that important.

Mar 20, 2015 at 8:11 PM Post #3,204 of 9,047
I got the apple Lightning to USB adapter. I plugged it direct from the iPad to if I idsd. Got the message drawing too much power. Any help.

Disconnect all cables.
Turn on the iDSD, wait for green flashing light.
Then connect cable to iPad and to iDSD.

FAQ.

Mar 20, 2015 at 9:34 PM Post #3,206 of 9,047
i would much appreciate any headphones pairing suggestion with  
ifi IDSD.

Unfortunately i have no chance for a listening session  so i can not trust my ears.
The sound like i expect is clarity,definition,stage instruments separation,
tight (not necessarily very low) bass .

I admit am not an expert but i have three different choices.
1)  Senn hd 600.
2 ) Hi Fiman 400i
3)  Beyerdynamic T90.

A more experienced  friend advised  Beyerdynamic T90 as closer to my listening preferences.

Any suggestion would be much appreciated.

Thank you All.
ps'' Im located in Europe"

Mar 20, 2015 at 10:50 PM Post #3,207 of 9,047
ifi IDSD.

Unfortunately i have no chance for a listening session  so i can not trust my ears.

1)  Senn hd 600.
2 ) Hi Fiman 400i
3)  Beyerdynamic T90.

A more experienced  friend advised  Beyerdynamic T90 as closer to my listening preferences.

Thank you All.

I suggest Philips Fidelio X1 and the new Audio-Technica R70x.
Or Shure SRH1540, SRH840, ATH-M50 / M50LE for closed headphones.

Mar 20, 2015 at 11:55 PM Post #3,208 of 9,047
  went to dealer to listen to ifi idsd micro with hifiman he560. i was blown away. smooth analog sound. i came home with both. what cable do i need to connect my ipad air to the ifi idsd. 

Brilliant combo and I can imagine it to be perfect for many ears. It was a little too energetic for me and lacking in body (I prefer a warmer neutral sound).

Quote:
ifi IDSD.

1)  Senn hd 600.
2 ) Hi Fiman 400i
3)  Beyerdynamic T90.

Thank you All.

If you're considering the HD600 and the HE-400i, get the Philips Fidelio X2 which a lot consider to be a direct upgrade (to the HD600) in almost every aspect except usability with high output impedance OTL tube amps. If you're considering the T90, maybe HE-560? Do note that I haven't heard the X2 and T90 myself. Personally, if your friend says the T90, and judging from your description, the HE-560 will be a great choice. 

Mar 21, 2015 at 3:55 AM Post #3,209 of 9,047

ifi IDSD.

1)  Senn hd 600.
2 ) Hi Fiman 400i
3)  Beyerdynamic T90.

Thank you All.

I suggest Philips Fidelio X1 and the new Audio-Technica R70x.
Or Shure SRH1540, SRH840, ATH-M50 / M50LE for closed headphones.

None of those listed come close to the three that topmix has identified. My money is on the T90.

Mar 21, 2015 at 3:58 AM Post #3,210 of 9,047

went to dealer to listen to ifi idsd micro with hifiman he560. i was blown away. smooth analog sound. i came home with both. what cable do i need to connect my ipad air to the ifi idsd. 

Brilliant combo and I can imagine it to be perfect for many ears. It was a little too energetic for me and lacking in body (I prefer a warmer neutral sound).

ifi IDSD.

1)  Senn hd 600.
2 ) Hi Fiman 400i
3)  Beyerdynamic T90.

Thank you All.

If you're considering the HD600 and the HE-400i, get the Philips Fidelio X2 which a lot consider to be a direct upgrade (to the HD600) in almost every aspect except usability with high output impedance OTL tube amps. If you're considering the T90, maybe HE-560? Do note that I haven't heard the X2 and T90 myself. Personally, if your friend says the T90, and judging from your description, the HE-560 will be a great choice. 

The T90 is a poor man's T1, not as good but not far off. It is available for £285. The HE-560 meanwhile is £650 - a different price level altogether. T1 can currently be had for £575 on Amazon UK. That's a bargain!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back