If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
Jul 29, 2023 at 7:42 PM Post #18,831 of 19,256
Even after getting the Aful Performer 8’s which are better in some ways, I still really enjoy my ER4SR with a little EQ. Overall I’d probably have to say I prefer the Performer 8’s, but the ER4SR is still something special and definitely isn’t going anywhere.

Jul 30, 2023 at 12:01 PM Post #18,832 of 19,256
For anyone interested in an ER-to-MMCX connector, I received this one and it works (it has the little anti-rotation stud specific to the latest ER generation).
Are these original OKCSC?

Jul 30, 2023 at 11:11 PM Post #18,833 of 19,256
Just curious, did you try changing the dampers? Sometimes, if they get clogged with earwax, it can block all output.
Wow, I finally got a hold of a screw thread thing to take out the little dampers and that was it. I can't believe it resulted in zero output, but that was the case and they're back to being functional again!

I'm amazed that the output was zero, figuring a clog would sound, well, clogged. However, I'm super glad it was that easy to fix.

How can I buy a new damper kit with dampers and the screw tool?

Jul 31, 2023 at 5:43 AM Post #18,834 of 19,256
Are these original OKCSC?
I don't even know what that means.

I'm amazed that the output was zero, figuring a clog would sound, well, clogged.

It may not have been zero. I thought it was zero too, but when I removed the other bud from my ear and pushed the volume up high, I could hear something from the remaining bud. It was just very quiet, compared to the unclogged side.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2023 at 6:54 AM Post #18,835 of 19,256
Wow, I finally got a hold of a screw thread thing to take out the little dampers and that was it. I can't believe it resulted in zero output, but that was the case and they're back to being functional again!

I'm amazed that the output was zero, figuring a clog would sound, well, clogged. However, I'm super glad it was that easy to fix.

How can I buy a new damper kit with dampers and the screw tool?
Usually direct from Etymotic or from Amazon: Etymotic Research ER38-46 Green Filters and Changing Tool, Standard https://a.co/d/8oM6cXz (these are the ones I use in my ER4SRs)

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2023 at 7:01 AM Post #18,836 of 19,256
Jul 31, 2023 at 12:19 PM Post #18,837 of 19,256
I don't even know what that means.
OKCSC is the supposed brand.

Did they come in this packaging?
Or just some generic packaging?

okcsc.jpg

Aug 3, 2023 at 2:01 PM Post #18,839 of 19,256
My ER2SE have risen from the dead. I left them without filters, in a bag with silica pouches for a couple of months and then fitted a new set of white filters and now they are back in business.

Have not had them out of my ears for a couple of hours now (which will probably lead to them clogging up again soon haha) but my god are these things amazing.

Aug 8, 2023 at 1:14 AM Post #18,840 of 19,256
my clear medium triple flange got weird recently, it will leak some liquid if it left in humid place like inside wardrobe. I place it along with silica gel, and already wash them, can anyone explain what happened?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back