If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
Jun 9, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #7,966 of 19,256

Thomann will be carrying it.  There is also a distributor based in Germany, so there will be other stores that carry it as well, but I don't know which ones yet.

Thanks for the info, Dave!

Thomann is a great store - always very fast shipping and good product quality. I've bought audio products from them several times and there was not a single case where Tomann failed. Highly recommended store indeed.

Jun 9, 2016 at 1:05 PM Post #7,967 of 19,256

I wonder when ER4XR and ER4SR will become available on etymoticdirect.co.uk (Etymotic's European store) and on what price...

From what I was just told, it should be fairly soon and the price will correspond to the same $349 USD price.  I'm not sure if current exchange rate will play in or if there will be a fixed price.

rate exchange is usually really simple, 1$=1euro ^_^. once the taxes have been included, we usually end up in that kind of price. (talking in general, not about ety)

Jun 9, 2016 at 1:12 PM Post #7,968 of 19,256
In the case of some other products, the European price is even worse and $1.00=€1.xx - just take a look at what European distributors and stores are charging for an Oppo PM3 and what they cost in the States.
blink.gif
  I am sure that applies to other products, too (for example, for the Audeze LCD-X, the European price is past the €2k mark - I can consider myself kind of lucky that I bought it when the EUR price was the USD price few years ago). 

Let's hope that the price for the new Ety IEMs in € will be below the US$ price, but I think it will be the same, which is however still better than an EUR price that is above the USD price.

Jun 9, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #7,970 of 19,256
  Wanted to get SR and then I checked the shipping rate to Singapore ... 

I guess I have to wait until those are available on Amazon and get (free shipping). Bummer. 

they're so worth that price though! haha... but i completely understand. i hate paying a boatload for shipping something. especially something that weighs next to nothing.

Jun 9, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #7,975 of 19,256
It comes from a Chinese DIYer. He was trying to fix a pair of unbalanced ER4 for someone and he found out one of the driver is pretty much dead. So he ended up replicated one side out of hard acrylic (same way how CIEM is build) and one thing led to another.

Jun 9, 2016 at 10:01 PM Post #7,978 of 19,256
Jun 9, 2016 at 11:14 PM Post #7,979 of 19,256
@EtyDave you might want to let someone in Sales know the pre-order emails promised to ASCAP Expo people never got sent out...
frown.gif

Here's hoping they're not already sold out...

I feel bad posting this cause @EtyDave gets a lot of s*** from us here collectively. But i both wanted to make sure nothing slipped thru the cracks, and that I get to have my own XR soon
biggrin.gif

@ClieOS forgive my ignorance but if one driver was dead how was it able to be fixed? Donor driver from a different ER4?

Jun 10, 2016 at 12:28 AM Post #7,980 of 19,256
  @EtyDave you might want to let someone in Sales know the pre-order emails promised to ASCAP Expo people never got sent out...
frown.gif

Here's hoping they're not already sold out...

I feel bad posting this cause @EtyDave gets a lot of s*** from us here collectively. But i both wanted to make sure nothing slipped thru the cracks, and that I get to have my own XR soon
biggrin.gif

@ClieOS forgive my ignorance but if one driver was dead how was it able to be fixed? Donor driver from a different ER4?

Well, that's lame.  I'll see what's up tomorrow.  If for some reason the email did slip through the cracks, I should be able to help you get sorted out.  I know people.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back