If you had $200.00?
Sep 19, 2009 at 11:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 45

kboe

Headphoneus Supremus
Well, its one of those rare times in a college students life where I have some extra money laying around. I would like to spend the money on something headphone related. You can see everything I have below in my sig, so here were my ideas.

1) 200$ worth of cds from MA Recordings.
2) Headphone stand from Woo audio and some sort of Isolation solution, (Spikes and such).
3) Starving Student Mini Millet DIY Tube Amplifier, (From Whiplash Audio)
4) Grado SR225, (I would later wood them and recable)
5) ? Your suggestion.

Before you say anything, I know the economy is bad, but I am wise with my money and have paid my own way through college, (three years so far) and all of my other expenses, so "save it" is not what I am looking for. Just ask yourself what you would buy with $200.00 in the headphone world?
beerchug.gif

Kevin

Sep 19, 2009 at 11:33 PM Post #3 of 45
You already have an amp, right? I don't understand why you would need a SS Millet when you have an Amphora (if it's the same one as for $995 on their website). And your HP collection looks pretty varied. I would just get CDs.

Sep 19, 2009 at 11:34 PM Post #4 of 45
Of those options I would lean towards the Grados, but with no idea of what you already have, both in the real of gear and music... hard to make an educated suggestion... when I first saw the topic title I was thinking a nice date with a nice girl.

Sep 19, 2009 at 11:40 PM Post #6 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. B /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Of those options I would lean towards the Grados, but with no idea of what you already have, both in the real of gear and music... hard to make an educated suggestion... when I first saw the topic title I was thinking a nice date with a nice girl.

I was thinking the same. No teasing or digs here, but it would be better to hold onto that money...you never know when a social opportunity (girl or guy friends or whatever) comes along.

EDIT: Kirosia, that's horribly funny.

Sep 19, 2009 at 11:41 PM Post #7 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by userlander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You already have an amp, right? I don't understand why you would need a SS Millet when you have an Amphora (if it's the same one as for $995 on their website). And your HP collection looks pretty varied. I would just get CDs.

Yes I do have the Amphora, and love it. But the Millet appealed to me because I have never heard the sound of tubes and thought it might make a sweet small bedside amp.

Sep 19, 2009 at 11:49 PM Post #9 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by kboe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes I do have the Amphora, and love it. But the Millet appealed to me because I have never heard the sound of tubes and thought it might make a sweet small bedside amp.

Well I'm biased because I'm thinking of getting that exact amp
beyersmile.png
, but I still say stock up on some music. Even $100 will get you a bunch of CDs at a used place, then you still have $100 left over possibly for some non-hp related item or activity. Diversify!
biggrin.gif

Sep 20, 2009 at 12:25 AM Post #13 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Benaiir /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pssh... everyone knows a good handgun would cost at least $400... Silly....

I never said anything about getting one legally.

Sep 20, 2009 at 12:25 AM Post #14 of 45
More ingredients for some hardtack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back