If you could bring a dead rock star back to life
Aug 3, 2008 at 7:30 PM Post #76 of 89
Hendrix

I'd be looking forward to him collaborating with the likes of Lightning Bolt (to name but one).... thats for sure
icon10.gif

Aug 3, 2008 at 9:03 PM Post #79 of 89
John Lennon followed closely by Bob Marley. It was so unfortunate the way that Marley died, and completely unforgivable the way that Lennon died. They were both amazing singers and songwriters and had a lot of music left to sing and write. Jim Croce is another one that I miss a lot; he too, died of causes not brought on by self destruction, and was in his prime.

Many of the others mentioned in this thread have died from drug and alcohol abuse, suicide or other related (self destructive) causes. Not that their lives or their contributions to music were any less significant, and of course it was just part of what the 60s and 70s were all about in the music world. But still, if I had the chance to bring back just one, it wouldn't be one of the druggies.

Not that Lennon and Marley didn't do their fair share of drugs, mind you. But sorry, it's a lot different (in my book, anyway), if you get murdered, die of cancer, or die in a plane crash, than if you overdoose or drown in your own puke. I guess I'm thinking more in terms of who would most deserve a second chance in life, if it were possible to bring one of them back (i.e., more for their sake as a human being than mine as a fan).

Aug 3, 2008 at 11:18 PM Post #83 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMahler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
a more interesting question would be...... "Which Rock Star would you like to see put in their grave?......" haha

Jet, Simple Plan, Wolfmother.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carmantom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
without question:

Roy Orbison A true Rock and Roll legend.

Can't believe I forgot about Orbison.

Aug 4, 2008 at 3:01 AM Post #86 of 89
Albert Einstein, no doubt about that.

Aug 4, 2008 at 4:23 AM Post #88 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by Faust2D /img/forum/go_quote.gif
EinsteinRocks.jpg

That's what I'm talking about, right there...
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back