If I like the KSC75 sound signature, what is a good upgrade? Alessandro Music Series maybe? Suggestions needed!
Feb 24, 2012 at 2:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Pianist

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi guys,

I pulled out my old, dusty KSC75 from my closet yesterday because I was bored and decided to listen to them for a bit. Turned out I love the sound signature!
biggrin.gif
I really like that forward, airy, energetic, but smooth and clear sound. Now, I would love to have a headphone that has that type of sound, but on a higher performance level. I can't afford to spend a lot right now, so the MS1 came to my mind because I once read that KSC75 sound similar to Alessandro 'phones in signature and because I can afford the MS1 right now. I might be able to save up for MS2i if it sound similar but is significantly better. Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards

Feb 24, 2012 at 2:46 PM Post #2 of 5
Odd. For some reason, I can't seem to be able to edit my previous post, so in case you can't see it, I added that I also like how KSC75 is airy and smooth also. The treble sounds surprisingly smooth, refined and sweet for a headphone at this low price! And I really love the mids. If MS1 has mids that are similar in tone, but better, that would be awesome!

Feb 24, 2012 at 2:59 PM Post #4 of 5
Thread title changed.

Feb 24, 2012 at 3:19 PM Post #5 of 5
MS1 was my favorite headphone until it died.

it is fairly more neutral than the koss, but also more detailed, clear and pretty much better in everything. seriously the MS1 is one jewel at 99 bucks, I even prefered it over my HD25, and for me that is a great deal, but since it is open it would be hard to use it as portable. better for vocals than its similar grado phone.

btw SR60/80 would be more similar sound to the KSC75.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back