IEMs with forward mids (budget around 70$)
Sep 13, 2012 at 7:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

Kansho

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone,
I'm searching for a new iem and hope you could help me with some suggestions.
I currently own a pair of brainwavz m4 which have great clarity and a nice bass but i find the mids to be lacking.
Therefore I would prefer it if the mids were more upfront and intimate, for me the most important are the vocals.

So I looked through some threads and thought maybe the new brainwavz m5 would be a good idea because the mids are more foward than the m4
Another one I think could fit would be the vsonic gr06 and the sunrise xcape ie,
however I read in mark2410's thread that the mids of the xcape had some kind of distance to them.
Well I listen mostly to rock,pop,classic but also other genres and my source is a rockboxed sansa fuze.
You can of course suggest other iems and share your thoughts on the mentioned ones 

Already thanks in advance for your help 
biggrin.gif

Sep 13, 2012 at 8:13 PM Post #2 of 40
Hey, Welcome to the Forums...

My standard answer is going to be an IEM from Etymotic.

Have a look, Good Stuff.

Jim

Sep 14, 2012 at 12:41 AM Post #3 of 40
The JVC FXT90 or FXD80 are amazing for the price include very detailed forward mids, and crisp clear vocals.

Sep 14, 2012 at 7:28 AM Post #4 of 40
Yeah, I've already read about the jvc iems that they're good but they cost more than 70$  
frown.gif

In my price range I could get the etymotic mc5 but I'm worried that they could sound too boring

thanks  for your ideas

Sep 14, 2012 at 7:34 AM Post #5 of 40
Quote:
Yeah, I've already read about the jvc iems that they're good but they cost more than 70$  
frown.gif

In my price range I could get the etymotic mc5 but I'm worried that they could sound too boring

thanks  for your ideas

Do you not have a return policy from the seller of IEMs in your area?

Jim

Sep 14, 2012 at 9:38 AM Post #6 of 40
Well they're not available in my country and would have to import them which isn't a problem.
But I still would like to hear some other recommendations before I decide.

Sep 14, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #7 of 40
Quote:
Well they're not available in my country and would have to import them which isn't a problem.
But I still would like to hear some other recommendations before I decide.

Fair enough...

Good Luck and enjoy whatever you purchase.

Cheers, Jim

Sep 14, 2012 at 10:01 AM Post #8 of 40
eLook no further than audio technica ckm500, amazing sound, much better than etys.
And biggest problem etys beside boring sound is that triple flange isnt for anyone( they go realy deep, biflange too).

Sep 14, 2012 at 10:26 AM Post #9 of 40
Quote:
eLook no further than audio technica ckm500, amazing sound, much better than etys.
And biggest problem etys beside boring sound is that triple flange isnt for anyone( they go realy deep, biflange too).

that's personal preference, many here would argue against that statement. All of the ety's are going to sound different than the CKM500, but that doesn't mean that the CKM500 is a better earphone. 

Sep 16, 2012 at 4:02 PM Post #14 of 40
Well, the Final audio Adagio V are over my budget as far as I know.
The Phonak could be an option but I think the ckm500 and brainwav m5 are  both a steal for their price.

Sep 16, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #15 of 40
Quote:
try out Phonak PFE012 and Final audio Adagio V.

Haven't heard the Final Audio Adagio V, but disagree entirely with the PFE012.  It's a bass heavy signature with a slightly recessed midrange.  I would say the 112 would be a good recommendation (012 with grey filters).  If you can afford that, it would be a good choice.  Otherwise, the closest thing I would recommend is the Etymotic EtyKids or HiFiMan RE0 (or REZERO).  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back