iCAN micro SE – (thanks to Meze - you guys are great!) Things are a rockin.
Aug 27, 2017 at 4:28 PM Post #556 of 600
Well it sounds like parts of your chain are noisy, I agree that it would be nice if the amp was better able to resist incoming noise on Cables or the Like. But spending the extra to clean up your system will benefit you regardless of the amp your using.

Yeah but it picks up the CB radio with nothing else plugged in besides the headphones.

So it has to be the grounding or its defective.

If the groundhog doesnt help there isn't much more that i can do.

Aug 28, 2017 at 1:20 AM Post #557 of 600
Yeah but it picks up the CB radio with nothing else plugged in besides the headphones.

So it has to be the grounding or its defective.

If the groundhog doesnt help there isn't much more that i can do.

I hope it does help

I'm wrapping up my thoughts for the iFi Micro iCan SE, and I have to say I'm really impressed with how it pair'd with my Nhoord Red V1 [think DIY Grado Rs1i] the ASP settings worked amazingly well!!! It was a very smooth creamy sounding, no fatigue or harshness at all with good resolve

Sep 11, 2017 at 9:51 PM Post #559 of 600
I thought this was a weird combo since the Classics don't really need an amp.
It caught my eye since I just placed an order Thursday night for 99 Classics and an iFi MICRO ICAN SE. I didn't really buy the amp for the 99's, but both products interested me, and I got a discount for buying the two items. Scheduled to be delivered on Monday, the 18th, but I think it will be much earlier. Hopefully my birthday (Saturday) will be spent celebrating my new toys.:ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

Shane D

Sep 12, 2017 at 5:17 AM Post #560 of 600
It caught my eye since I just placed an order Thursday night for 99 Classics and an iFi MICRO ICAN SE. I didn't really buy the amp for the 99's, but both products interested me, and I got a discount for buying the two items. Scheduled to be delivered on Monday, the 18th, but I think it will be much earlier. Hopefully my birthday (Saturday) will be spent celebrating my new toys.:ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

Shane D

Happy birthday for Saturday Shane and do enjoy your new toys.

Best wishes

iFi audio Team

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Sep 12, 2017 at 6:04 AM Post #561 of 600
TE="iFi audio, post: 13717131, member: 361812"]Happy birthday for Saturday Shane and do enjoy your new toys.

Best wishes

iFi audio Team[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I am pretty pumped.

Shane D

Sep 12, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #562 of 600

Shane D

Yea the 99 Classics don't really need a dedicated amp, but I think the ASP Settings will pair nicely with them

Sep 12, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #563 of 600
Yea the 99 Classics don't really need a dedicated amp, but I think the ASP Settings will pair nicely with them

I think it will benefit my Grado's much more immediately and the HD6XX down the road.

Shane D

Sep 12, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #564 of 600
I think it will benefit my Grado's much more immediately and the HD6XX down the road.

Shane D

I agree! My Nhoord Red v1 a DIY grado drive really did benefit from both of the lvl 1 ASP settings

Sep 12, 2017 at 9:39 PM Post #565 of 600
Well I just finished reading this whole thread. If I had read this earlier, I would not have ordered this amp. Hopefully, all the power/grounding problems have been solved.

If I do have any problems at all in the first couple of days, or weeks, I will just pack it up and send it back for a refund.

Hopefully all goes well. Fingers crossed!

Shane D

Sep 12, 2017 at 9:50 PM Post #566 of 600
Well I just finished reading this whole thread. If I had read this earlier, I would not have ordered this amp. Hopefully, all the power/grounding problems have been solved.

If I do have any problems at all in the first couple of days, or weeks, I will just pack it up and send it back for a refund.

Hopefully all goes well. Fingers crossed!

Shane D

I have 2 iPowers in use and I have no issues... anymore.

Tip for all those who experience the micro iCAN SE picking up various outside signals:
- If you don't know the source: Fold over a sheet of tinfoil and place it over either the iCAN or the iPower.
- If you know where the interference is coming from: Fold over a sheet of tinfoil and place it over, up against, or around the source.

It turns out my problem was my WiFi router. By placing a double layer sheet of foil up against the unit solved the issue. Cordless phones pose issues as well. To be honest, SEVERAL eBay/Amazon amps I owned had the same problem. We live in an ever increasing wireless World and thus the amount of EMI/RMI interference sadly will only get worse.

:metal::sunglasses:

Sep 12, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #567 of 600
Thanks for the reply!
My unit will only be used in my lazy boy. Only thing within a foot of the unit will be my cell phone, constantly using Wi-Fi.

I own/have owned (I'm old) a TON of electronic goodies and have NEVER had power or grounding issues unless they were defective products.

As I said, fingers crossed and I am still pretty excited. Just a little wary...

Shane D

Sep 12, 2017 at 10:15 PM Post #568 of 600
Speak of the devil...my package arrived in Halifax tonight and is scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

Please, please, please work perfectly.
:):triportsad::):triportsad::):triportsad:

Shane D

Sep 12, 2017 at 11:29 PM Post #569 of 600
I own/have owned (I'm old) a TON of electronic goodies and have NEVER had power or grounding issues unless they were defective products.

It's not grounding (well it could be in some cases, especially old houses), it's environmental. If I hook up a 15V battery pack I still get the constant repeating pattern buzzing through if I don't have the tinfoil wall up next to my router. Heck, I have even taken the iCAN to various locations to see if different sockets affected the signal. The only commonality (that lead me to my conclusion) was the fact that there was a WiFi router in the vicinity. iPods and tablets have no effect so there is no worries there. Cordless phones are ok but their base stations are sometimes problematic. My Lepy 2020A class-D amp is also affected in the same way, and it has a 3-prong plug. Just for reference, and I am not sure how far back you read so apologies if I am repeating myself, my 1st iCAN SE had some sort of grounding issue so I am familiar with how a defective unit sounds; Whenever I touched the unit I got static buzzing.

Rest assured, the micro iCAN SE is a solid device, but not invulnerable to outside problems. Remember the old (revised) adage: For every 1 angry customer posting negative impressions there is 1000 happy customers enjoying their purchase in silence.

:sunglasses::thumbsup:

Sep 13, 2017 at 6:05 AM Post #570 of 600
I understand completely about the net magnifying problems. However, there were a lot of power issues and some grounding issues with this product going back more than a year. I would hope and expect those are all fixed now.

Shane D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back