Ibasso SR2...... 🍀 🇺🇸...here 😳
Aug 8, 2020 at 5:36 AM Post #32 of 915
Oh yes, I love the cable. Similar quality to the Meze cables I own, if I use the connectors from DD HIFI to test them side by side both on SE :)

THE DETAIL OF SR-2, I LOVE IT

The bass is also another part that's unexpectedly goo, I expected a somewhat bassy sound, but it has impact with no bloat, it is quick and impactful, me really likey the signature, can clearly hear the premier drum even in poorly recorded songs
I can't help from asking you a comparison between SR2 and Ollo S4X. No hurry.

Aug 8, 2020 at 11:07 AM Post #35 of 915
Driven by my computer out...80 is perfectly enough headroom...full clear...
...I am more than pleased here...and that now I just want to sit and listen to the blues, says it.
This is a tough to beat headphone.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Aug 8, 2020 at 11:20 AM Post #38 of 915
Iapmic...thank you for forcing me to go to the crate and pull out this...and now force me from YouTube to TIDAL on this computer.
2PM is perfect...more to go if you like it LOUD

I have done about 20 hours of burn so far...and these have proven to be simply superb. I’m glad I kept around this little AMP too...

Safe to say you’re good. And once again it’s no doubt in my mind whatever IBASSO used to make this cable is responsible for a huge portion of the SQ and definition. Having played this HIFI game for a long time...cables truly make a difference and many, well MOST manufacturers DONOT provide a quality, or even a “good” stock cable...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Aug 8, 2020 at 11:31 AM Post #39 of 915
@paulybatz do you have any Grados to compare?

Yes

Grado are Grado

I love them because they are Grado, these PS1k are way better than my RS1

However they both only do Jazz well...in my opinion. I liked that the RS1 was lighter but I don’t mind heavy phones.

These originally retailed at 15-1600...you can get a “deal” Today for these used at $700...

It’s like comparing an old clean Delorian to a Tesla S90....shiny cool doors but the TESLA does all that and more; these SR2 are a clear winner...especially in the fatigue category too...both Grado I could listen for only an hour before wanting to be done. These Ibasso I want more, and I find myself trying to find tracks that “don’t” sound good...they play EVERY THING good; provided you have a killer source (some forget that...recording/source matters too)

Also the way they are on your head...it’s a much different feel...the grado sit on your head, you can’t dance or NOD with them ON. I prefer how the SR2 fit and feel. Apples and Oranges...like I said the Grado are well made, you don’t get as much for your money...would I sell the Grado...if I did, I’d probably just get another Grado just to have...”just to have”...

while writing this I put them on. Just to confirm.
They sound very good but after 10 minutes I want them off...detailed, well presented but very fatiguing highs...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 8, 2020 at 7:25 PM Post #40 of 915
Do they need a good amp to be driven at their full potential or a portable player is enough?

I think they need a powerful AMP to sound their best. Drives most of my things to max volume for me to be happy, but I am a really loud listener :)

I'm using either DX220 MAX or aaDAC from Analog audio and they eat volume to half to almost max if I listen for me to be happy, not sure if I am just partially deaf, or if they really are that needy. On paper, they are not very needy.

I can't help from asking you a comparison between SR2 and Ollo S4X. No hurry.

S4X - thicker, warmer, more linear, less bass, less treble, a bit more detail in the mids, but also a bit more grainy in the mids. Treble is smoother and less exciting. Bass is more linear, not as much impact / quantity

SR2 - More natural, more bass, more impact, more treble quantity, more detail in bass and treble, less grainy, smoother textures, but still same detail. Not recommended for mastering in particular. Isolates more and leaks less. Somehow they are quite well isolating, not even close to the typical open-back.

+1 for S4X vs SR2

happy to deliver!

Aug 8, 2020 at 8:22 PM Post #42 of 915
@Dobrescu George thanks :) how about soundstage between them? :)

SR2 a bit larger and a bit deeper. Better than LCD2C too. Not as large as Crosszone CZ1 or HD800S. Similar to Arya, but being a bit more closed in nature, the stage also feels a bit closer, especially in the mids.

SR2 isolates A LOT for an open back. Also leaks VERY LITTLE for an open back.

like 10 dB to 15 dB of passive noise isolation... Can't measure leakage, but it is less than a half of LCD2C at the same volume

Aug 9, 2020 at 2:11 PM Post #43 of 915
I may (or may not) be posting a SR2 Video review really soon my bois

I want to share the excitement. Just that. The raw feeling those gave me.

Would take a week or so to process the video, which is already filmed. DX220 MAX video is also filmed, so iBasso week this week shall be if all goes well :)

Aug 9, 2020 at 2:40 PM Post #44 of 915
I may (or may not) be posting a SR2 Video review really soon my bois

I want to share the excitement. Just that. The raw feeling those gave me.

Would take a week or so to process the video, which is already filmed. DX220 MAX video is also filmed, so iBasso week this week shall be if all goes well :)
Great idea.
Looking forward.
These are so good!!!

Aug 9, 2020 at 9:50 PM Post #45 of 915
Wow...getting better and better and better

HighDefintion most DEF!

They are perfect....this track...just playing random TIDAL to burn in...

Crisp high, snaps...808, thump...vibrate...and everything in between.

These do not disappoint in one single way.

“808 hittin too hard, that’s a headbanger”

Attachments

• 333664CC-9BE5-4EE5-96F1-3B0D728B4125.jpeg
    333664CC-9BE5-4EE5-96F1-3B0D728B4125.jpeg
    582.7 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back