Ibasso DX80
Sep 2, 2015 at 2:16 AM Post #243 of 1,208
Actually battery life is not big problem. What I hope they have "fixed" is implementation again, with DX50 battery level affects SQ, especially when it gets near empty. Difference isn`t big but these seems to be slight decrease in SQ.

Sep 2, 2015 at 5:27 AM Post #245 of 1,208

Sep 2, 2015 at 9:29 AM Post #246 of 1,208

I was expecting longer battery life ;_; lets hope its not final number and it will get better with fw upgrade

The battery life I mentioned is for the DX90. I was referring to another post about battery life and was stating what I normally get. It was not in reference to the DX80.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Sep 2, 2015 at 8:26 PM Post #248 of 1,208
I've got a feeling that you will not get Yes/No answer from iBasso to your question.

Just imagine what would happen if Paul says YES. Go and read FiiO X7 thread. Everyone will chime in with foot-long requirement list of "must haves".

Depends whether iBasso would like to have a dog in $700-$1000 DAP fight (Fiio, Questyle). And then choose which way to go with flagship concept - put money into better audio (DAC, amp, top shelf componentry) or more extra bling (high screen res, Tidal app friendly, wi-fi, GPS and whatnot).

DX80 if executed to keep the specs (battery life) and price as promised by iBasso, will own this market segment - performance/price will be no-brainer for anyone.

Once out and with rockbox port on the horizon I'll sell DX90 and X5, pair DX80 with Vorzuge amp. Happy times.

Sep 3, 2015 at 2:09 AM Post #250 of 1,208
Different marketing strategies. Some companies will publish a product roadmap several years into future and then try to stick to it unless consumer appetite for certain features changes dramatically. Good example could be Olympus/Panasonic M4/3 type of digital camera lenses roadmap.

FiiO played this card with X7 - here is the concept, do you guys like it, what else would you like us to add or tweak so we can make most of you happy for the ballpark price?

It seems like iBasso will not be following the same strategy. If they are not straightforward in announcing DX80 upmarket version right now, they sure have several good reasons for it (competition would probably be the big one).
I'm positive IBasso engineers are already having some surprise up their sleeves, making sure that FiiO will not have all the lunch just for themselves.

At the end, we as customers will vote with our valets.

Sep 3, 2015 at 2:35 AM Post #251 of 1,208
It is quite a straightforward and easy to answer question. Now of course if they don't want to be straightforward, ok. I think it's OK for a client to want to know what the range will look like.

Yes it's ok for you to want. Likewise it is ok for the manufacturer not to want to answer. Then it is up to you to decide what you want to do.

Apple just as an example never tells you their long term plans, others do.

Sep 3, 2015 at 5:07 AM Post #253 of 1,208
It is quite a straightforward and easy to answer question. Now of course if they don't want to be straightforward, ok. I think it's OK for a client to want to know what the range will look like.
Page 1, first post has an image for reference. That should give you an idea

Sep 3, 2015 at 6:58 AM Post #254 of 1,208
It'd funny when people ask for a simple thing, some people on head-fi think they need some enlightment and patronizing.

It seems legit to ask, the minimum would be to say that they cannot give an answer.

I'm not patronizing you, I'm telling you that just because you want to know does not mean that a manufacturer is obliged to tell you, which seems to annoy you that they wont

Sep 3, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #255 of 1,208
Back to the scheduled program

Users who are viewing this thread

Back