Ibasso DX80
Aug 8, 2016 at 12:38 AM Post #1,156 of 1,208
  Need help. My DX90 "disappeared" from my home. So looking for replacement. Question I have: Seems DX100 supports spotify for offline playing. Can I also download the spotify on the DX80 for offline listening?

Tks so much!

The DX80 is a pure music player without any Wi-Fi or internet accessibility.

What you would need is the DX200 which is however yet to be released to the market. Or alternatively a different streaming DAP.

Aug 8, 2016 at 1:04 AM Post #1,157 of 1,208
Thanks Chris. About the DX80 is it workable to have iphone 6s connected to it so I can play spotify on iphone, then have earphones connected to the DX80? Saw some pictures online but didnt get clear sense on whether sound IQ ok or any other consideration.

Aug 8, 2016 at 1:17 AM Post #1,158 of 1,208
@miltonns 

I don't know whether it works with that iPhone generation or not, sorry.

However: The phone, Wi-Fi and other signals however will interfere with the DX80 and you will hear unpleasant occasional buzzing through your headphones if it is so close to your iPhone. You would always need to use it in airplane mode then in order to prevent this RMI/RFI noise.
A different solution would be to get a DAC-Amp that is RMI shielded.

Aug 9, 2016 at 8:54 AM Post #1,159 of 1,208
I am really tempted to buy the DX80, as it has two card slots, isn't too big and no too expensive. Has anyone tried it with Westone W40 iems? Is that a good match? I mostly listen to jazz and acoustic music.

Thanks,
Vincent

Sep 3, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #1,160 of 1,208
I just received my DX80 and updated to the newest firmware. I cannot get it to work as a DAC. When I go to the USB menu item and select DAC, I only get the DAC screen. Per the instruction manual there should be two menu selections from the DAC screen and I don't see them. I did notice there was a DAC driver as a download on the iBasso siite. Do I need to download this in addition to the newest firmware?

On another note when comparing to my Fiio X5 the volume seems to require a higher setting, around 100, compared to the Fiio using the same headphones. I have the Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd generation headphones. I am still breaking in the cans and player but the combo sounds good. Curious if it could benefit from a portable amp.

Sep 3, 2016 at 11:11 AM Post #1,161 of 1,208
I just received my DX80 and updated to the newest firmware. I cannot get it to work as a DAC. When I go to the USB menu item and select DAC, I only get the DAC screen. Per the instruction manual there should be two menu selections from the DAC screen and I don't see them. I did notice there was a DAC driver as a download on the iBasso siite. Do I need to download this in addition to the newest firmware?

On another note when comparing to my Fiio X5 the volume seems to require a higher setting, around 100, compared to the Fiio using the same headphones. I have the Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd generation headphones. I am still breaking in the cans and player but the combo sounds good. Curious if it could benefit from a portable amp.

You should have to download a driver, I have never used mine as a stand alone DAC.
As for power, do you have it on high gain? The DX80 has quite a bit of power.

Sep 3, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #1,163 of 1,208
I do have it on high gain but I understand 100 on the iBasso may be the same output as 85 on the Fiio X5. When I use my new headphones on the computer I do not have to increase the volume, actually maybe even decrease, compared to the PSB MAU1s I have been using so it appears the cans are fairly efficient.

I will look at my computer settings which could be the issue, but I don't think so because it seems like I still should get the two menu options shown in the user guide. I would think the firmware would have the drivers but maybe not.

Gary

Jan 7, 2017 at 11:39 AM Post #1,165 of 1,208
I'm having problems with using my dx80 as a dac with my pc.

I've already changed my pc's default sound output to ibasso's config but still no sound. 

I've also installed the driver from ibasso's site and I'm on the latest fw.

Jan 7, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #1,169 of 1,208
Foobar2000, windows volume is set to max, and nope! 
gs1000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back