iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Jun 27, 2016 at 11:46 PM Post #4,847 of 6,795
I like the bass and separation of DX80 but honestly DX80's software is a CRAP!!! sorry for the word but too many updates and they cannot even fix the first complaints from the users since they released the Dap!!

Jun 27, 2016 at 11:49 PM Post #4,848 of 6,795
  I like the bass and separation of DX80 but honestly DX80's software is a CRAP!!! sorry for the word but too many updates and they cannot even fix the first complaints from the users since they released the Dap!!

Like what? I have great gapless, plays all my files, I can use folder view or album or artist etc. No real issues and I use it every day and it works great as a source into my micro Zotl2 amp. 

Jun 27, 2016 at 11:55 PM Post #4,849 of 6,795

I remove my SD card for a while then why does it need to scan again the sd card when you returned it back? I didn't even add a single file into the sd card when I insert it back, and also when I play a new file it goes back to the previous file that i have played when the new file I played ended. and it still have the thumping sound when you turn it on, a problem since day 1 right?

Jun 27, 2016 at 11:59 PM Post #4,850 of 6,795

I remove my SD card for a while then why does it need to scan again the sd card when you returned it back? I didn't even add a single file into the sd card when I insert it back, and also when I play a new file it goes back to the previous file that i have played when the new file I played ended. and it still have the thumping sound when you turn it on, a problem since day 1 right?

A thump when you turn it on. I have a few daps that do that, but I don't even notice any longer. And when you put a card back in, I would guess the dap is programmed to scan the card. How would it know you have not added a song or that it isn't a different card? And why take the card out? The scanning is so fast now I that I don't worry about changing cards as I can start listening while it is scanning. 

Jun 28, 2016 at 1:01 AM Post #4,852 of 6,795

What I mean is that Yes it is already scanned then I take it out, isn't it a software usually remembers what if have scanned recently without changing anything to the card removed? what happened is that when i click again the files from my reinserted card i tries to scan again.....admit it this software is full of bugs that their software team cannot remedy.

Jun 28, 2016 at 1:15 AM Post #4,853 of 6,795

What I mean is that Yes it is already scanned then I take it out, isn't it a software usually remembers what if have scanned recently without changing anything to the card removed? what happened is that when i click again the files from my reinserted card i tries to scan again.....admit it this software is full of bugs that their software team cannot remedy.

I don't have that problem. Maybe do a factory reset or use the Batch Tool on the first page to do a clean FW install. 

Jun 28, 2016 at 9:57 AM Post #4,855 of 6,795
Personally have had a couple of problems however with the last firmware update they have been rectified, so I can only praise Ibasso for taking note of the problems and fixing them.
I am sure some are still coming across the odd problem so I would hope Ibasso keep listening to us and fixing things as they occur.
The Dx80 has really grown on me and is a pleasure to listen to.

Jun 28, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #4,856 of 6,795
  DX80 a coaxial cable to (Dac Yulong MKII) same situation works fine with DX50

Well I've tried it with a DAC and AV receiver getting same results no sound coming from DX80 when using the optical and coaxial out.
confused.gif

Headphone out works fine.
gs1000.gif

Paul any Ideas?

Jun 30, 2016 at 1:09 AM Post #4,859 of 6,795

Well I've tried it with a DAC and AV receiver getting same results no sound coming from DX80 when using the optical and coaxial out.
confused.gif

Headphone out works fine.
gs1000.gif

Paul any Ideas?

The only thing I can think of is the digital output is not working. When you plug in the optical do you see the red show up at the other end of the cable? Don't look directly into it but at an angle you can see if it is red.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jun 30, 2016 at 4:37 AM Post #4,860 of 6,795

Like what? I have great gapless, plays all my files, I can use folder view or album or artist etc. No real issues and I use it every day and it works great as a source into my micro Zotl2 amp. 

Can it do M3U standard yet?

There was a clunky workaround awhile back I could never get working.

Assuming this was fixed given I am on 1.2.1 firmware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back