iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Dec 5, 2015 at 10:23 PM Post #196 of 1,489
  Well I may have found the issue I'm having with album art...

I went through the DX80 in random mode and stopped every time I saw the default album art. I went to my PC and checked the song's artwork. I then checked the next song on the DX80 that did display, and went to my PC and checked the artwork.

All artwork that displayed on the DX80 was JPG.
All artwork that did not display on the DX80 - except one - was PNG. The remaining one that didn't display was a GIF that was named as a PNG.
Also note that all PNGs were larger than 1.2 MB, and all JPGs were less then 200KB.
So the issue may be related to filesize... But with that renamed GIF I'm suspecting that the DX80 can't display PNGs.

@Paul - iBasso, can you confirm whether the DX80 will display PNG or not? Or if the issue may be related to filesize?

I have sent this on to our SW team so they can work on it Monday or as soon as they can. Thank you.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 6, 2015 at 5:49 AM Post #198 of 1,489
Don't know if it's really a "bug", probably more of a missing feature ("missing" according to my personal uses and preferences): coming from the DX50/DX90, one convenient feature that those players had was that, while shuffle playing All Music ordered by Artist, if, at any song, one hit "My Music" and then "Now Playing", one would be placed at that song playing within the album of that artist, thus making it very easy to select a different song by same artist/album.

That functionality is not there on the DX80 (or, at least, I haven't been able to replicate it:) - after shuffle playing  All Music ordered by Artist, on any one song, swiping left and hitting either "Now Playing" or "All Music" does not help with this: tapping "Now playing" positions you on the first song of the ordered catalog, and tapping "All music" on the first song of the unordered catalog) and I think it would be a useful addition.

Dec 6, 2015 at 10:01 AM Post #200 of 1,489

Some art not much. We have our software team working on it but the problems are few and far between.

Thanks Paul. For me I'm actually not bothered about album art displaying or not haha. My other players like N5 and X5 are also not displaying some of them. However I think the main point is, they don't let the album art "correctness" get in the way of normal operation. 
smile.gif

Dec 6, 2015 at 12:08 PM Post #201 of 1,489
Second night in a row I tried to "burn in" my new DX80. However, after some period of time it just stops playing. Battery is not an issue, i have it connected to charger and 'USB function" set to charge only and I have it connected to amplifier via analog line out and amplifier is always on, so that's not an issue either ..
Any suggestions?

Dec 6, 2015 at 12:43 PM Post #202 of 1,489
  Second night in a row I tried to "burn in" my new DX80. However, after some period of time it just stops playing. Battery is not an issue, i have it connected to charger and 'USB function" set to charge only and I have it connected to amplifier via analog line out and amplifier is always on, so that's not an issue either ..
Any suggestions?

What FW are you using? Have you checked the setting for the sleep mode?

Dec 6, 2015 at 1:18 PM Post #204 of 1,489
  I am on the latest FW and the sleep mode set to "never"

Set it to reader on the USB setting. I will look further into this.

Dec 6, 2015 at 8:33 PM Post #206 of 1,489
Trying to do the firmware update on my new DX80. Instruction manual says to copy the update.img fileonto the micro SD card. When I download the update from the iBasso website, it is a .rar file and no update on the DX80 happens. There is no zip file to open
Completely lost!!
Help please!

Dec 6, 2015 at 9:06 PM Post #207 of 1,489
  Trying to do the firmware update on my new DX80. Instruction manual says to copy the update.img fileonto the micro SD card. When I download the update from the iBasso website, it is a .rar file and no update on the DX80 happens. There is no zip file to open
Completely lost!!
Help please!

Use Google to search what is RAR,
you will know what to do.

Dec 6, 2015 at 10:03 PM Post #209 of 1,489
  That worked. Thanks!
Now getting error messages when trying to apply the FW update. 
Failed to mount
can't mount
canot found firmware image or invalid image
installation aborted

You need to use a FAT32 formatted card and place it in the 2nd card slot. That is the one furthest form the screen. Put just the .img file on the card and please don't place it in a folder on the card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back